José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

There is NO way this club will refuse a decent offer for Jose even if its on deadline day and we have not signed a LB, they will not risk getting no money for him come next season.

Of course. You can also apply that to anyone in the squad. We'll sell the player and limp on to January. I hate to be a pessimist but if he starts the season well, I fully expect some late August interest in Tiote by the likes of Spurs and Villa and we'll cash in, in a heartbeat.

Hmmmm as much as I hate & do not trust MA I just do not see us parting with the likes of Tiote, Jonas, Colo.. Barton may still be sold yes but the others no, unless its Carroll type offers.

Jose's contract is the only reason they will sell him at any point during the window.

We will sell anyone if a stupid offer comes in.

as will most anyone.

We will sell anyone if a stupid offer comes in.

As is the way with most clubs & their players

:thup:

Why did Man City and Liverpool prefer to go for Clichy over Enrique?

Don't know about City but the journalists seem to think that while Liverpool rate Enrique going forward, they have concerns about his defending.

Don't know about City but the journalists seem to think that while Liverpool rate Enrique going forward, they have concerns about his defending.

Who the fuck is scouting for them? Ray Charles?

£35mil for Carroll

£20mil for Henderson

£20mil for Downing (possibly)

And Jose is better going forward than he is defending?

Guest BooBoo

Good piece in World Soccer this month, completely ridiculing Liverpool's signing of Henderson.

Who the fuck is scouting for them? Ray Charles?

£35mil for Carroll

£20mil for Henderson

£20mil for Downing (possibly)

And Jose is better going forward than he is defending?

:lol:

Thought the same when I heard that bit of reasoning.

you know a pair of friends of mine (one a Liverpool supporter) said the exact same thing

then again neither rates Colo either so they know nothing about football (among the things said was worst cb he's ever seen from one)

you know a pair of friends of mine (one a Liverpool supporter) said the exact same thing

then again neither rates Colo either so they know nothing about football (among the things said was worst cb he's ever seen from one)

:lol:  How is it possible not to notice  Enrique's defensive qualities and Colo's solid season.. It's Enrique's offensive play that needs improvement.

:lol:   How is it possible not to notice  Enrique's defensive qualities and Colo's solid season.. It's Enrique's offensive play that needs improvement.

seemed a bit of notice they weren't that good at first and stick with that no matter whatever other evidence is shown to you

Pardew’s plea to Enrique

By ROSS GREGORY

Published on Friday 8 July 2011 14:43

NEWCASTLE United boss Alan Pardew has made a last-ditch plea to unsettled defender Jose Enrique.

The Magpies manager is desperate to keep hold of his prize asset despite the Spaniard seemingly heading for the St James’s Park exit door.

Enrique has just one year left on his contract, with United having offered the left-back a lucrative new deal.

But the 25-year-old has refused to enter talks, and appears to have his heart set on a move to a side playing European football next season.

Enrique was part of the United squad who completed their first full day of fitness work since returning from their holidays.

And Pardew – while admitting that Enrique holds all the cards – has reiterated his desire to keep the defender on Tyneside.

But he hinted that United won’t allow him to run down the final year on his contract, and if he doesn’t sign a ‘fantastic offer’ then the club will be forced to cash in on him.

“Jose just loves to play football,” said Pardew. “His intention is to find a club that are playing Champions League football.

“The problem for us is that he only has a year left on his contract.

“If he does stay and signs his contract then that’s great.

“If he doesn’t sign it then we have to see what happens.

“I would love him to stay and sign it, it is a fantastic offer.

“Until then there is nothing more to be said on the matter and we will just have to let the situation evolve.

“Any football manager would want him to stay.

“We have to do everything we can to persuade him this is the place to be and get him to sign that new contract.”

Enrique was joined by United’s new signings Yohan Cabaye, Demba Ba, Sylvain Marveaux and Meihdi Abeid yesterday for United’s first full pre-season training session at Benton.

http://www.shieldsgazette.com/sport/football/newcastle-united/black-white/pardew_s_plea_to_enrique_1_3560838

SkyGraemeBailey Graeme Bailey

Pardew on Jose Enrique: "He's made it pretty clear that he still won't sign a contract and that his future may be elsewhere." #nufc

from the journal this morning, said he's expecting him to run his contract down