José Enrique

eliassenfredrik

Reading a few of the more sensible posts here, I quite agree that Enrique isn't the one to blame here. The only irksome thing is going to those Scouse cunts - those oh so loyal fans that left in their droves when Woy was fucking things up for them. They truly are the equivalent of 'Spawney Get' from Viz. But who can blame him for leaving a club, as Dave rightly said, that in the past month has sold/pushing out, some of its most important players?

For quite some time I've firmly been of the opinion that whilst generally clueless, Ashley has had the right intentions - no club has an endless pit of money and its only right that he should make it self-sustaining. But this week has finally proved that I've been wrong. I honestly don't know what the guy is up to.

Initially I was devastated by the Carroll transfer, but later came around to think that the money would come in useful this summer, even if some of it was used to cover costs of free transfers and updating the training ground. But quite simply, the fact we've not signed anyone in key positions (a forward, LB, and a CB) has frankly shown a lack of foresight. These clowns don't think in the future. They deal with things on a day to day basis. If a good sum comes in for a player, they'll look at it seriously and take it. They'll not even think about replacements.

What I find most sad is the extent to which we've fallen so far behind twats like Liverpool over the past 6-8 months. Whilst they were VERY lucky to engineer the exit of their owners, we nevertheless had an opportunity to challenge with the squad we had on 1st Jan, with minimal investment, for a place in Europe.

Alas, what Ashley's continued presence does is keep a firm divide in this club that will continue to grow and fester. The only thing stopping that divide from causing a swathe of negativity from engulfing the club was the 'team spirit'. Now, that's gone. Irrespective of whether or not we replace Barton and Enrique, that team spirit is now far more fragile and I firmly believe that we'll be weaker as a result. The players we will have brought in won't have that desire to stick two fingers up at the owners and the press, to prove doubters wrong.

I personally wouldn't have thought it would have done much to appease us fans this summer. Even if we'd have held on to Nolan, Barton and Enrique and perhaps brought in another forward as well as the freebies, I dare say a majority would have been happy. What Ashley is thinking by dismantling the core of the team I truly don't know. He might save ££s, but how that might make Newcastle United a more saleable asset when we're in the shit I don't know. Ashley has no ambition, he doesn't even appear to want us, so kindly fuck right off you fat twat and stop palming off a loyal fanbase with bullshit excuses.

Was quite looking forward to the new season last week. Oh well.

:thup::(

Tron: So if HBA and Tiote are on 50 a week, they're inferior to Carroll or Henderson?  Just because Liverpool and Aston Villa are stupid enough to pay too much for shit players, doesn't mean we should. With the current economical climate, I think their economical priorities are reckless..

Not arguing that we need to spend more wages at all. Just that at THIS point it seems like we are stumped for a striker and a left back with our preferred choices falling through. Unless the club have some well hidden contingency plans there is a real fear we will buy/loan sub-standard players due to our lack of willingness to pay for quality.

it's been happening for ages

Liverpool are a bit of a mess, but they are backing their manager. I guess Dalglish is of a stature where no other option is possible.

Why are they a mess exactly?

Well they are buying an awful lot of players, have a bloated squad particularly in midfield but with still some doubts over things like their defence. They probably have no idea what their best team is, and there are a lot of question marks over whether the new players will be worth it or gel or adapt.

Don't get me wrong, they've done some big business which would please me if I was a fan, but it's also a bit scattergun and it remains to be seen how successful they'll be. Let's not forget they were terrible for a lot of last season.

Liverpool are a bit of a mess, but they are backing their manager. I guess Dalglish is of a stature where no other option is possible.

Well they are buying an awful lot of players, have a bloated squad particularly in midfield but with still some doubts over things like their defence. They probably have no idea what their best team is, and there are a lot of question marks over whether the new players will be worth it or gel or adapt.

Don't get me wrong, they've done some big business which would please me if I was a fan, but it's also a bit scattergun and it remains to be seen how successful they'll be. Let's not forget they were terrible for a lot of last season.

Until Dalglish came in and they accumulated more points than any other team in the second half of the season.

The suggestion that they have a bloated squad is funny, they are going to be playing at least 50 games next year and a few players of theirs are about to leave.  Love how you are being overly optimistic about our signings and theirs are risky.

the fact you can be negative about their summer business and positive about ours pretty much says it all ian, that's not open minded, it's pure bias in disguise

Tron: So if HBA and Tiote are on 50 a week, they're inferior to Carroll or Henderson?  Just because Liverpool and Aston Villa are stupid enough to pay too much for shit players, doesn't mean we should. With the current economical climate, I think their economical priorities are reckless..

Not arguing that we need to spend more wages at all. Just that at THIS point it seems like we are stumped for a striker and a left back with our preferred choices falling through. Unless the club have some well hidden contingency plans there is a real fear we will buy/loan sub-standard players due to our lack of willingness to pay for quality.

it's been happening for ages

I realise that. Again, I repeat: this is our first window with a year behind us in the premier and some big money coming in from player sales. Last year was about consolidation and this year there's no excuse for not building a competent squad which can finish in the top 10.

If Enrique does go the fee can be added to the piles of cash which the club has made from outgoing transfers over the last 5 years.

£53,050,000 and counting.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Can we repost this every time people say we should follow Spurs' model of acheiving success without having to spend much?

As long as it's together with the club accounts and profit/loss details, yes.

Guest WashyGeordie

He's been here longer than i ever expected him to be, i thought he would of left at the same time as Nolan, if that's a good thing or bad thing i just hope we do have alternative in place already if/when Enrique does leave.

If Enrique does go the fee can be added to the piles of cash which the club has made from outgoing transfers over the last 5 years.

£53,050,000 and counting.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/2006-2011.html

Can we repost this every time people say we should follow Spurs' model of acheiving success without having to spend much?

As long as it's together with the club accounts and profit/loss details, yes.

You mean the extra cash the players they've spent money on earn them from league position, TV rights, european games etc?

I think we need a title change.

Liverpool yet to agree deal with Newcastle for Jose Enrique

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

Aug 3 2011

LIVERPOOL have yet to agree a deal with Newcastle United for left-back Jose Enrique.

The Reds have held a long-standing interest in the Spanish defender and reports today suggested his move to Anfield had been secured for a fee of around £8million.

However, the Echo understands no agreement is in place as Kenny Dalglish continues to eye defensive reinforcements.

Enrique, who only has a year remaining on his contract, is desperate to leave Newcastle and was recently fined two weeks wages after criticising their lack of ambition.

The 25-year-old former Villarreal star would jump at the chance to join the Reds and is hoping a fee can be agreed with the Magpies.

Meanwhile, Daniel Agger admits Liverpool have fallen short of their usual high standards in pre-season.

The Danish defender was the pick of the Reds’ performers in Monday night’s 3-3 draw with Valerenga in Oslo. Agger netted twice on his return to the side after injury but took no personal satisfaction from the game.

It was the fifth successive friendly in which Liverpool have leaked three goals and Agger knows they must tighten up at the back ahead of their Premier League opener with Sunderland a week on Saturday.

“It just wasn’t good enough, especially in the first half,” Agger said.

“The second half was okay but it wasn’t what it needs to be. The amount of goals we have conceded is definitely not good enough. We need to show we can keep a clean sheet and we have got to defend better.”

After a busy pre-season schedule which has taken the Reds to China, Malaysia, Singapore, Turkey and Norway, the travelling is finally over.

Valencia await at Anfield in the final friendly on Saturday and Agger is bracing himself for a busy few days at Melwood.

“Kenny has his way of getting his point across,” Agger said. “He has said himself that we need to be streetwise. That is what we have got to do.

“If you are a footballer, you have to be a perfectionist. We are all the same as defenders and so far we just have to admit that the way we have played has not been good enough.

“There is definitely something to work on.”

Monday night was Pepe Reina’s first pre-season game following a double hernia operation.

The Spaniard said: “We have a lot of work ahead of us as we cannot afford to concede so many goals. To let in three is not our identity. We have some new signings and we are still working them into our system.”

Asked about Liverpool’s chances in the Premier League this season, Reina added: “We have to be optimistic but we were far behind last year. We need to make sure that we improve.”

Meanwhile, Milan Jovanovic’s miserable spell with Liverpool is over after a deal was agreed for him to join Anderlecht on a free transfer. The Serbian will pen a two-year deal if he passes his medical tomorrow.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2011/08/03/liverpool-yet-to-agree-deal-with-newcastle-for-jose-enrique-100252-29169209/#ixzz1TxuUO0iU

Liverpool must feel they hold the aces and can land Enrique for a small fee if they just wait a bit. The player wants to go, we need to get rid, and they seem to be the only club in the running.

Guest WashyGeordie

why is Liverpool the only club in the running? Surely someone somewhere needs a left back

For all we know they could be a number of clubs in for him.