Setanta - AVOID

MidfieldGeneral

after a few years of refusing to pay for Sky Sports I've now bitten the bullet and signed up again. The money I have forked out should be off-set by the fact that I won't have to head to the pub and spend loads of beer money whenever there's a half decent match on.

thats what I keep telling myself anyhow.

Guest Geordiesned

"Normal service will be resumed shortly."

From what I've seen this is normal service - no fucking picture!!

Robbing Irish cunts!

Had an ABSOLUTE FUCKING NIGHTMARE with these pricks.

I rang up about half an hour before the Celtic game (using the number on screen) and said to the call centre fella:

"If I don't rate your service, can I cancel tomorrow and only get charged the £9.99?"

He said "Yeah, no problem, call us up, you'll only get charged the £9.99 once and we'll cancel you - there's no commitment term on this package".

Watched Celtic, lost about 30 minutes of the match presumably due to a shit signal and then had to put up with shite, Channel 5 like coverage.

Rang them back the next day and said to the call centre "Wasn't that impressed with your service, I don't want to subscribe in future - can I take the £9.99 charge and cancel my account as this is what I was told I could do last night?"

They said "You didn't call us last night"

I replied "Errrrr yes I did"

Them "No you didn't Sir, you were either an internet booking or we rang you"

Me "You fucking didn't - are you calling me a liar?"

Them "Well all we know is what we have on screen and there is no way you rang us"

Me "I did but fuck it, I want to cancel the thing anyway, can you do that?"

Them "Not until the end of August and you'll have to put it in writing"

Me "I was told I could cancel immediately"

Them "You didn't even call us so who told you that?"

Cue me giving the daft little cock a piece of my mind and slamming the phone down.

Day after I see I got charged £19.99. Presumably, from reading this thread, it was a connection charge - I wasn't told about that either.

COMPLETE BUNCH OF WANKERS.

NEVER AGAIN.

:lol:

Never been really bothered by shit coverage as such, as long as I can see the football I'm happy. So what if the replays are shite or there's some bad camera work? Ideally it'd be better but it' still worth it at the end of the day for me, as long as losing the coverage doesn't become a regular thing.

Guest Bungle

Setanta on sky is great you get 9 channels it seems a bit of a rip off on freeview as you only get one for the same fee of £9.99 per month. The only problem is I am so used to sky HD that the picture quality is not as good but you cant grumble for the price it works out at about 33p per day for 9 sports channels. :clap:

My dad ordered it. He gets it downstairs fine, but if i try and record it upstairs on sky+ it doesn't work :S

I seem to have been hit for £24.99. Where did that extra fiver come from?

its an extra fiver for any other boxes than the one you order it on... so thats why it wont work upstairs for Testa, and possibly why they've charged Matt an extra fiver - whether this is a correct charge or not.

Well I'm getting to free so far and I'm only on the Virgin L package so I'm going to see how long I get it for free before I spend the 8.99 a month and get it. Much better deal than the £24 a month for Sky Sports.

Guest toonlass

I got it for £15 for two months with the Ricky Hatton fight, and have had no problems getting through to the customer services team, I am now on the £9.99 a month package, and I have a great quality picture,  and loads of football pre-season(way better than the sky football line-up).