Racism in football

DJ_NUFC

So the Sun and Star running stories claiming he claimed Luiz and Ramieres hearing him call Mikel a Monkey, sounds plausible that he called him Obi and they misheard - Mikel certainly didnt look upset when he got booked

Mikeeel! Monkheeeeey! Yup sounds identical. :lol: Luiz can't hear through all that hair anyway.

Obi man, not Mikel!

So nobody's allowed to have any opinion on football not directly related to toon games? :lol:

Don't be daft man. I just thought "hate" was too strong a word for someone whose decisions have never really impacted us. I think Clattenberg is useless, but I don't hate him. I hate Martin Atkinson and the spackems though  :)

As far as I am aware, inappropriate language is used by most refs. Plenty of times I've saw Phil Dowd tell players to fuck off.  It just part of the game, players tell refs to fuck off , refs should be able to to do the same back.

This screams out as sour grapes.

Guest bimpy474

As far as I am aware, inappropriate language is used by most refs. Plenty of times I've saw Phil Dowd tell players to fuck off.  It just part of the game, players tell refs to fuck off , refs should be able to to do the same back.

This screams out as sour grapes.

Especially when you see the swearing Torres directed at Clattenberg when he was sent off, and does to all ref's in nearly every game he plays.

Chelsea are a petty club with petty players. To steal a saying from the mackems, they have no class at all.

I have always wanted harsher bans for players who are racist but this is the thing that has concerned me, if Chelsea would do this because a ref has annoyed them what is to stop them accusing a rivals best players of racism to get them out of the game for a bit?

Guest Slippery Sam

I'm f***ing sick of the sight of Clark Carlisle like.

Him and Jason Roberts appear to think they're the leaders of all the black players in the country

The Association of Black Lawyers (or whatever their title is, if I'm mistaken) appear to be taking the lead now.

Guest Wally_McFool

I am amused that the Kick It Out campaign is aimed at the UK public yet the so called perpetrators of all the alleged abuse are all dozy cunts involved in playing or running the game.

Perhaps the public should turn up at footy games wearing "Sort Yersell's Out You Racist Dopey Twats" teeshirts  :D

Just a few things that spring to mind :-

Its OK for Southerners (Chelsea fans included) to use the phrase ' Northern Monkeys'

I wonder what the Association of Black Lawyers would think of an organisation called The White Football Supporters Association

You can't refer to someone being black if you are white, only if you are black!

I have been known to use the phrase 'Cheeky Monkey' is that racist ?

Just a few things that spring to mind :-

Its OK for Southerners (Chelsea fans included) to use the phrase ' Northern Monkeys'

I wonder what the Association of Black Lawyers would think of an organisation called The White Football Supporters Association

You can't refer to someone being black if you are white, only if you are black!

I have been known to use the phrase 'Cheeky Monkey' is that racist ?

a) cos there's not the long standing cultural racist trope about northerners descending from monkeys

b) cos it's representing a minority interest, I do agree that a black players union would be way too divisive though

c) yes you can, just not in an insulting context

d) no obviously