Emre

NSG

Guest Roger Kint

Banned by Turkish FA for racism.

Two match ban.

:lol:

Who was the Everton player that accused him for us? Yobo?

And Howard

Article from BBC:

Turkey's Emre banned for insulting Didier Zokora

Fenerbahce and Turkey's Emre Belozoglu has been handed a two-match ban for insulting Ivory Coast's Didier Zokora by the Turkish Football Disciplinary Committee (PFDK).

Trabzonspor's Zokora accused Emre of using a racial slur during Sunday's league game between the two clubs.

On Thursday, Trabzonspor filed a civil law suit at an Istanbul court accusing Emre of abusing Zokora.

Emre has denied racially abusing the Ivory Coast midfielder.

Former Tottenham player Zokora first levelled the accusation against Emre at a news conference following Fenerbahce's 2-0 home win in Istanbul over Trabzonspor.

"Emre and I had an argument during the game," Zokora explained, before adding that Emre used the N-word against him.

"What upsets me more is how disgraceful it is for a player who has African team mates like [senegal's Moussa] Sow and [Nigeria's Joseph] Yobo to insult an African from another team."

The following day, ex-Newcastle player Emre told a news conference he had abused Zokora verbally in English without using racist terms, and that such abuse was common during matches.

"If I have even a little bit of racism, may God take my heart away from this body," Emre said.

The Turkish Football Federation subsequently referred the matter to the disciplinary committee, which decided on the ban.

"Due to the insult to the player of the rival team, it has been decided with the majority of votes to punish Fenerbahce player Emre Belozoglu by sanctioning a ban for two official games," the PFDK said on its website.

Emre pissed me off a lot. As a player he massively underperformed for us and went missing too often. I knownhe didn't always have quality around him but I was happy to see him go. As for being a racist, that's pathetic and I don't ever want to see that at our club

Everton wasn't the only time he was accused of it whilst here either.

On 12 January 2007, Emre was charged by The Football Association with using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words[21] in an incident during a 3–0 loss to Everton on 30 December. Newcastle United were unable to comment until Emre himself replied to the charge. He later stated he was angered by claims that he was racist, citing his friendship with roommate Obafemi Martins as evidence he was not.

On 16 February 2007, the FA announced another investigation into alleged racist remarks from Emre, this time aimed against Bolton Wanderers striker El Hadji Diouf. The incident allegedly took place during Bolton's 2–1 win at St James' Park on 15 October 2006. Emre's agent denied the accusation. Diouf subsequently decided not to press charges. However, on 1 March 2007, Emre faced a third racism allegation, when Watford defender Alhassan Bangura claimed he was subject of racist abuse from Emre.

On 19 March 2007, the allegations of Emre using racially-aggravated abusive and/or insulting words during the Everton match were found not proven by the FA.

Apart from Sunderland he did fuk all for us bar collect a load of wages, the kind of signing which ruined the club and brought it to its knees.

Tend to agree, he did next to nothing for the club, like so many players over the last few years.