Norwich appoint Roeder, Lee Clark goes too (and now Pattison on loan)

Guest alex

Any hopes of offloading Ameobi in the near future disappear into the sunset...

Manchester City's reserve team striker, Ched Evans, has this afternoon joined Championship side Norwich City on loan until January 1.

The move comes quickly after the prolific forward scored a memorable hat-trick for Wales Under 21s at Ninian Park against France last night.

The 18-year-old has scored 12 times in eight starts at reserve team level already this season and made his first senior appearance for the Blues in September's 1-0 Carling Cup victory over Norwich.

They also got a left back from Derby so you might be stuck with Babayaro a while yet...

Pattison might do ok as a central midfielder there imo. Not good enough but nowhere near as bad as he looked at times playing on the left-wing for us.

Played left wing for Norwich, actually looked decent!

Right. In his time here I'd say he looked uncomfortable there. Good luck to him like because he isn't a Premier League player.

Norwich promoted and Newcastle relegated, Roeder waves to us as we slide down..........

I take in you haven't looked at the Championship table then.

Played left wing for Norwich, actually looked decent!

Right. In his time here I'd say he looked uncomfortable there. Good luck to him like because he isn't a Premier League player.

I only saw the highlights this morning but he looked a totally different player. He'll have found his level there though.

Also the chance that Pattison will end up at Norwich permanently.

"Matty Pattison is probably the only one we have an agreement on, or a potential agreement on, staying longer with a view to a permanent deal, depending how things go. That was at the request of Newcastle. We were quite happy to go with that."

I wonder how much we would get for him?

Just wait for him to have a few good games and the Chopra style threads we had on here start again :lol: "never should have gotten rid of him" "better than Geremi" "at least he could pass the ball"

Hes the next Chopra to be honest.

If he ever goes anywhere for anything like £5million I'll show my arse in Fenwick's windows.

Not long ago I reckon people would have been saying the same thing about Chopra :D

Hes the next Chopra to be honest.

If he ever goes anywhere for anything like £5million I'll show my arse in Fenwick's windows.

Not long ago I reckon people would have been saying the same thing about Chopra :D

No-one coudl have predicted that anyone would be stupid enough to bid so much more than he was worth.

• 2 weeks later...
Norwich's on loan midfielder Matty Pattison admits the Carrow Road factor is a huge pull in his bid to seal a move from Premiership giants Newcastle.

The combative South African became an instant hit with home supporters after his high octane debut in City's 2-0 win over Coventry last month.

Pattison insists the feeling is mutual after maintaining his personal 100% record in Norwich's hard fought midweek 2-1 win over Plymouth.

“The crowd here is unbelievable - my debut was unreal,” he said. “We have sell outs every game which is crazy when you look at where we are in the table. I've come down from Newcastle and I have to say there is more of an atmosphere at Carrow Road than St James'.

“I'm hoping my future is here. I want to stay a lot longer - maybe even a permanent deal. Hopefully we can do something in the New Year because I'm enjoying it. I don't want to go back to Newcastle - I want to be playing football.”

Canaries' boss Glenn Roeder - the man who handed the adopted Geordie his first team chance at St James' - echoed Pattison's assessment of the Carrow Road faithful.

“I don't want the players ever to take them for granted,” he said. “This year they've shown what special people they are. The Ipswich game was a great start for me and they have been like that ever since. Even at Plymouth when we put in a non performance, Simon Lappin is getting applauded when he goes over to take a corner from 500-odd supporters who have made a seven hour journey.

“It sharpens the mind to play a bit better. If you've got a good attitude then you should appreciate our fans and we do have that.”

Pattison wants to end the week on another home high to drag even more clubs into trouble in the lower reaches of the Championship.

“It's important not to slip back now,” he said. “The manager has told us we need to try and win two out of every three. If we keep doing that then you will climb the table. The Plymouth game was a massive result. Everyone was really happy and if we can pick up another three points and some of the other games go our way I think we get even further up the table.

“I watched Sheffield United at St James last season and they are a good team. James Beattie up front is obviously a big threat so we expect a hard game.”

The 21-year-old knows City must improve defensively after a self-inflicted shaky finish against the Pilgrims.

“Watching the last four or five minutes from the dug out was nerve wracking,” he said. “It should've have been a lot more comfortable and we know that. Maybe we switched off but the concentration needs to be right for 90 plus minutes. You have to stay focused.”

Pattison was an interested spectator at St James' in midweek as Newcastle hit back to draw with Premiership champions Arsenal on a whistle stop return to the north east. The one-time Magpies' trainee has backed under-pressure boss Sam Allardyce to turn things around.

“I did go to the game and to be fair I thought they did very well,” he said. “The team had hit a rough patch but if they keep performing like they did in that game then they should be ok.”

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/sport/story.aspx?brand=EDPOnline&category=Sport&tBrand=EDPOnline&tCategory=Sport&itemid=NOED08%20Dec%202007%2009%3A48%3A31%3A107