Norwich appoint Roeder, Lee Clark goes too (and now Pattison on loan)

Guest alex

Guest Ian Cunningham

I think he would have bought more players in if he could as we were thread bare, but the ones he did bring in did a good job. Before he left we were pretty much in the same situation as we are now, apart from then we have a 1st team that sometimes consisted of Ramage, Bramble, Edgar, Pav, Pattison, Sibi etc... yet we still did well against the big teams. Fell to pieces after our exit from Europe though. I hope he does a good job at Norwich, he had a brain tumor at West Ham the season they went down (with 42 points too) and with us he had no money and had to play with people that wouldn't make our current bench.

I think he would have bought more players in if he could as we were thread bare, but the ones he did bring in did a good job. Before he left we were pretty much in the same situation as we are now, apart from then we have a 1st team that sometimes consisted of Ramage, Bramble, Edgar, Pav, Pattison, Sibi etc... yet we still did well against the big teams. Fell to pieces after our exit from Europe though. I hope he does a good job at Norwich, he had a brain tumor at West Ham the season they went down (with 42 points too) and with us he had no money and had to play with people that wouldn't make our current bench.

He brought in Sibierski who was shite but not as bad as expected, Martins for whom the jury is still well and truly out (17 goals etc., I know but he was very inconsistent), Duff who has been absolutely gash on the odd occasion he's been fit and the less said about Bernard the better. Also, to say he had no money just isn't true.

I can't stand Roeder personally. I quite like 'Narge' though (one of my best mates is a fan too) so I'm slightly torn on this one. Plus, as SLP said on TT, it's Roeder all over, great 1st season, shit thereafter.

Ditto as far as Roeder is concerned. Roeder is intelligent enough, but he has a total lack of authority and character. I still cringe recalling his awkward  tv interviews. I don't think he has bad ideas, but it's clear that players lose respect for him very quickly. His main 'leadership' policy when he was here was to bully the youngsters and kiss arse of senior players.

• 1 month later...

Just noticed that Norwich are only 3 point off 3rd bottom. I know Glenn appears to have done a decent job there since he went in but they are still perilously close to League 1

P: 23

W: 10

D: 8

L: 5

Looks like they were already in the shit.

Had 606 on earlier and a Norwich fan was saying Peter Grant was to blame for their position, and that Roeder has worked miracles to get them even into the position they're in.

My best mate is a Norwich fan, I was on the phone to him earlier and he says Pattison has been awful.

Well played Glenn, returning to your former club to snap up a bald ginger statue and stick it on the left wing.  :thup:

Pattison has always looked totally shite to me. He seems to have confidence but no ability. Should let him go asap.

Roeder is making the same fatal mistake again by saying he is clearing out in the summer when his current squad still has to play another 10 or so games for him. He did it after Alkmaar last year and for me that was a big reason for the downturn in form at the end of the season.

Guest prestonj1989

Norwich City footballer Matty Pattison has been arrested and charged with drink-driving, the club has confirmed. The arrest is understood to have happened at the club's Colney training ground on Sunday morning.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=News&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=IPED17%20Mar%202008%2010%3A34%3A35%3A483

Norwich City footballer Matty Pattison has been arrested and charged with drink-driving, the club has confirmed. The arrest is understood to have happened at the club's Colney training ground on Sunday morning.

http://www.eadt.co.uk/content/eadt/news/story.aspx?brand=EADOnline&category=News&tBrand=EADOnline&tCategory=news&itemid=IPED17%20Mar%202008%2010%3A34%3A35%3A483

So are they saying he turned up to training drunk? It's not like you can be arrested for being drunk the night before, as there'd be no evidence.

If so, he's a fucking moron.

Checked into rehab by Roeder for drink-driving in his underwear on his way to training...when there wasn't any training. :lol:

Is that actually true? :lol:

Sounds like a scene from Shameless.

Checked into rehab by Roeder for drink-driving in his underwear on his way to training...when there wasn't any training. :lol:

Main headline in The Mirror today. "DRINK DRIVING IN HIS UNDERWEAR: Norwich star arrested at training..on day off".

Main headline in The Mirror today. "DRINK DRIVING IN HIS UNDERWEAR: Norwich star arrested at training..on day off".

:lol:

Oh dear!