Steve McClaren

Dave

Doesn't compensation for sacked managers usually mean if they take a new job they only get a pro-rata amount of the compensation I.e. the longer he is out of work the more money he gets from the club who sacked him?

I can't see why he'd be in a rush to come to NUFC if he's owed 3 years pay from Derby.

he walks straight into a high profile premiership job.

Damian Spellman ‏@DamianSpellman  3m3 minutes ago Cramlington, England

Steve McClaren sacked by Derby. Was told today not to assume he'd be heading straight up the A1 to #nufc if that proved to be the case.

Will sit on the fence if it is McClaren, but I would be interested to see how it works out.

McClaren played quite attacking football with Derby/Twente, didn't he?

I'd rather take a punt on getting Moyes over from Spain.

Can't say I'm a fan of trying to bring in an unknown foreign manager based on the fact that they played attacking football in leagues of lower standards.

Wonder if he's been put on gardening leave because of the compensation issues meaning he can't get another job for a specific period of time.  Therefore Carver gets the job until he is available??

Will sit on the fence if it is McClaren, but I would be interested to see how it works out.

Can't say I'm a fan of trying to bring in an unknown foreign manager based on the fact that they played attacking football in leagues of lower standards.

Yet you'd take Moyes?

Wonder if he's been put on gardening leave because of the compensation issues meaning he can't get another job for a specific period of time.  Therefore Carver gets the job until he is available??

Because McClaren is so worth waiting for. :lol:

Who's advocating that?

Dick? 

Who's advocating that?

I didn't say anybody was? I just said that my preferred choice would not be somebody who otherwise is unknown (ie, the links that have been to us/bookies betting; Garde, Galtier, Tuchel, Gourvennec).

And also with regards to other teams doing the same (Leeds this season, Watford (although successfully eventually).

First reaction - gutted.

Second reaction - he's not Carver.

We should do a lot better but I'm still fearing the worst, so appointing an actual manager is a start. I know Derby collapsed but their squad isn't particularly good, so 8th is about right.

Then again, why would Derby sack him if they know we're sniffing around? Missing out on compo AND they've had to pay him off.

Yet you'd take Moyes?

I would never class Moyes as an "unknown foreign manager" due to 6 months managing a team in Spain.

Guest Howaythetoon

In isolation he is a good coach and a decent manager, but if we were to appoint him, he would be totally underwhelming. We need a fresh start, someone exciting etc.

Unproven in the Premier League as a manager means basically nothing. Pochettino, Koeman, Laudrup all came in seamlessly, as well as bigger names like Pellegrini.

In isolation he is a good coach and a decent manager, but if we were to appoint him, he would be totally underwhelming. We need a fresh start, someone exciting etc.

Think you need to take some deep breaths as per instructions from Souness myself like and give him 5 years no matter what happens.