Steve McClaren

Dave

sack race between him and Rogers, at the moment McClaren just winning... That said, he will walk soon imo.

He is different from Pardew in that he actually seems a decent man. Can also see him walking and turning up somewhere as a coach.

Not one for kneejerking but this does seem all too familiar. Hoped he'd at least be able to get the gutless sack of twats looking mildly interested but blatantly this isn't the case.

Tactically the style has changed from aimlessly lumping the ball forward to watching our midfield struggle to string 3 passes together and being completely unable to penetrate.

Arsenal L

West Ham L

Watford L

Sheff Wed L

Chelsea L

Man C L

Cheeky cunt is trying to pinch Carver's record before he's got his feet under the table. :lol:

I really wanted McClaren to come in and breath new life into the place, I wanted him to get out on the training pitch and make the players better, I wanted him to pick players on merit rather than reputation, I wanted a fresh approach to how we play the game, I wanted it to work but it's clearly no better and it's arguably worse and there are no signs of improvement. He has been given a chance and thus far it's been miserable, I'm not suggesting we sack him tonight but can anyone genuinely see him turning this around? It just looks like it's beyond him, may not all be his fault as the players need to have a look at themselves too but it's his job to manage them, motivate them, coach them and organise them and we look disinterested and disorganised. Ultimately he's responsible and if it's not good enough, which it clearly isn't, then he's going to come under pressure and be held to account. You can't let it go on forever and if the picture is bleak enough then he'll need to go. We aren't far away from that now imo. :neutral:

We need leadership amongst the players. If that means getting Nolan back then so be it.

How random.

Aye :lol: Ideally we'll get a leader in who isn't 3 stone overweight like. It was noticeable again tonight that not one player was tying to pump up the rest of the team. Sackless, the lot of them.

We're in a red alert crisis and I dont think he knows how to fix it.

I was there tonight, it was absolutely disgusting. 11 players who play like they've never seen a goal in their lives. 11 complete strangers, with the heart of a pea.

We pass it out of defence ok then hit a wall on the halfway line - turgid, predictable autopilot stuff. 4231 has to stop, otherwise we're gone. Although we probably are anyway.

What is going to fix this without Ashley going? It's far beyond tactics and stuff, it's a deep problem. I honestly think it'd take a monumental managerial appointment to get this lot interested and respecting the club.

Aye, this is the problem. Even if we'd brought in one of the flavours of the month in the summer, I suspect we wouldn't be far from the position we're in at the minute.