Steve McClaren

Dave

You look at West Ham and realize what a horrendous appointment this was. Only Ashley keeps hiring off the scrapheap of yesteryear.

But i was told on here earlier in the summer that Bilic is s***?

Heard/Read somewhere that says that his whole career is full of his team winning as underdogs but that his teams have always struggled when playing as favourites. Well except against Newcastle United Football Club I guess...

I'm told been full scale panic amongst staff since Saturday. Shitting themselves.

Hmm. This could be a good thing but not if they go too knee jerk. Don't think they need to ditch everything they've done and start again, after watching the other game back, but they do need tighten the side up and realise deficiencies in the middle. We conceded two opportunities (one was the goal) in the first 10 from full backs trying to play it out and we're too brittle for that. Persist with Wijnaldum in the middle and hope to fuck he adapts to the defensive side quickly and focus on growing into games, we simply must stop conceding early, it's the worst case scenario for our players.

Conceding in the first ten minutes has become a bit of a specialty like; happened 3 times out of 6 PL games so far this season. Coupled with generally being under the cosh immediately at the start of games this suggests that we just don't come out of the dressing room with the right mentality at all.

He's absolutely fucked if they don't turn up tomorrow and play well. No going back if we get beat, no one will believe in him, not even himself.

I think he genuinely thought he could turn that shower of shite around. Must be dawning on him that he fucked up by not sweeping the decks clean.

He's absolutely fucked if they don't turn up tomorrow and play well. No going back if we get beat, no one will believe in him, not even himself.

I think he genuinely thought he could turn that shower of shite around. Must be dawning on him that he fucked up by not sweeping the decks clean.

Doesn't help that we needed presence upfront and a new defensive unit so we go spend all our money on a kid with a short fuse and more of the same attacking midfielders.

Yeah, no idea why we bought Thauvin and Wijnaldum if we don't even know where to play them. Pick a formation and players to fit a specific style of play not just random good players we can get cheap.

Yeah, no idea why we bought Thauvin and Wijnaldum if we don't even know where to play them. Pick a formation and players to fit a specific style of play not just random good players we can get cheap.

Never!

A big song and dance was made of the fact he was appointed to the board, so he doesn't get to use the transfer activity as much of an excuse in my book.

He's screwed on all fronts tbh. All he'll have left is hanging players out to dry, but that's not in his nature.

Tiote’s commitment to the cause was questioned by a journalist on Sky Sport’s Sunday Supplement at the weekend.

But McClaren has insisted that Tiote “doesn’t cause trouble” in the dressing room.

“There’s been no problem with Cheick,” said McClaren, whose side take on Sheffield Wednesday at St James’s Park in the Capital One Cup tonight.

“He’s not a bad egg at all. I know Cheick well. I obviously had him at Twente, and he’s no trouble. He doesn’t cause trouble, he just wants to play.

“Papiss (Cisse) is Papiss, and he goes around with a smile on his face. That’s the culture that he’s got. I don’t agree with that view at all.”

Conceding in the first ten minutes has become a bit of a specialty like; happened 3 times out of 6 PL games so far this season. Coupled with generally being under the cosh immediately at the start of games this suggests that we just don't come out of the dressing room with the right mentality at all.

Too philosophy-focused, imo, we've had to tighten up after the opening minutes in 4 of the 6 games. Had too much faith in their ability and mental strength to cope. Haidara has been dispossessed in his own third 9 times this season, only Glen Johnson has more. Think that says it all. This playing out from the back stuff might be starting to look better but there's a time and a place. In the opening minutes against confident, direct opposition isn't that time :lol:

A big song and dance was made of the fact he was appointed to the board, so he doesn't get to use the transfer activity as much of an excuse in my book.

I'd agree, if he had the biggest say in picking players, but that doesn't seem to be the case. He's still playing to someone else's tune.

So he says there are no 'bad eggs' in the group as had been claimed.

Don't know if this is a good thing or a bad thing. :lol:

The psychology is that he can't admit it but having to address it and discuss it is a massive unwanted distraction to the whole group. It really doesn't bode well.