Steve McClaren

Dave

What is going to fix this without Ashley going? It's far beyond tactics and stuff, it's a deep problem. I honestly think it'd take a monumental managerial appointment to get this lot interested and respecting the club.

Aye, this is the problem. Even if we'd brought in one of the flavours of the month in the summer, I suspect we wouldn't be far from the position we're in at the minute.

reminding me a bit of the relegation season (somehow worse actually) theres some talent in the squad but a whole lot more who don't give a shit and a squad horrifically short in key areas-cb mbemba maybe decent maybe not and thats it for reliability there. CM we don't have one.

It's frustrating as is it is infuriating like.

I didn't want him, but now we have him, was prepared to give him a go. We then make an effort (for us) in the summer to make it look like we're at least trying for the first time in a long time and this is how's it ended up. Would've been better just hoying a total novice in, at least it might have been failure with a smattering of excitement instead of tedious boredom coupled with abject failure.

Problem being if he does walk (I don't think he will, yet) where the fuck do the duck eggs in charge turn, this was literally their only plan once they realised they had to have post dickhead walking. God knows what we'd end up with...club stooges, a has been or...?

Jesus, what a mess.

Fuck knows how he turns it round either, normally you'd batten down the hatches and grind out some 0-0s, that's not going to happen. We can't go the other way and attack, attack because of how shit the defence is. Good luck.

I know it's hard to say anything that sounds respectable in such a situation, but those quotes are just utter platitudes. I have no confidence at all in him instilling any motivation in the players ahead of two extremely difficult fixtures. Pardew was absolutely rank, but he did have a knack of getting unexpected results against stronger opponents. Hopefully McClaren can do the same; he needs it as I think two big losses with more horrible performances may well be the end of any chance we have of staying up (Mike won't sack him and McClaren himself will not walk without a huge payoff).

I didn't want him, but now we have him, was prepared to give him a go. We then make an effort (for us) in the summer to make it look like we're at least trying for the first time in a long time and this is how's it ended up. Would've been better just hoying a total novice in, at least it might have been failure with a smattering of excitement instead of tedious boredom coupled with abject failure.

Problem being if he does walk (I don't think he will, yet) where the fuck do the duck eggs in charge turn, this was literally their only plan once they realised they had to have post dickhead walking. God knows what we'd end up with...club stooges, a has been or...?

Jesus, what a mess.

Fuck knows how he turns it round either, normally you'd batten down the hatches and grind out some 0-0s, that's not going to happen. We can't go the other way and attack, attack because of how shit the defence is. Good luck.

its damn good question, what manager of any ambition or talent would go near the club in the position its in now? They might have in the summer but now with it increasingly obvious this squad is rotten

Jesus, what a mess.

Exactly how I feel.

Makes me cringe to read some of the stuff knocking around from our fans.

"We needed to buy Position X, Y and Z"

"4-2-3-1?!?"

"Two strikers at home, Steve!"

The problems at NUFC can't be put right by buying a few players or changing formation. I wanted McClaren less than anyone but him walking/getting the bullet isn't going to change things at this point.

The whole thing is completely fucked.

Waiting for Moyes to get sacked.

They finally won last night and even then I'm not even sure he'd be able to whip these lads in to shape tbh. Yes, he's better than McClaren but given the tools he has.

---

The most damning thing for me is how quickly the new players have seemingly faded in to the mean at the club. They should still be busting a gut looking to prove themselves to the fans and the manager and they're seemingly doing anything but. Is the club really that rotten and apathetic that it infects that quickly? Seems so

Makes me cringe to read some of the stuff knocking around from our fans.

"We needed to buy Position X, Y and Z"

"4-2-3-1?!?"

"Two strikers at home, Steve!"

The problems at NUFC can't be put right by buying a few players or changing formation. I wanted McClaren less than anyone but him walking/getting the bullet isn't going to change things at this point.

The whole thing is completely fucked.

Aye I sometimes feel that a lot of our fans simply just don't get it.

I spent a night with the Aussie Mags crew in Melbourne when we beat Chelsea 2-1 last season. It was a weird night for me. They were going absolutely barmy whilst I was basically forcing a smile. Feels proper cunty to say because they're clearly passionate about the Toon and, being on the other side of the planet, were understandably loving the fact we'd won a big game. But it meant nothing. Pardew lived on.

Really don't think a lot of people see the bigger picture half the time and their 'hatred' of Ashley is just because he's dead tight. Not because he's an evil cunt who's ripped the soul from the club.

No idea where we go next. Totally broken as a club and like many others don't think it's just one thing. It's a hurricane of shit, part coaching, part management, part shit players and a total lack of desire. There is no heart in this club and the football is completely abysmal. Players that seriously cant string passes together at this level or even have a meaningful shot at goal.

Think the coaching is probably alright, but he needs to understand quickly that has to go out the window for now. We need to play hyper percentage and maybe even go long to two strikers...We aren't going to win any games not creating chances. Never thought the day would come that I'd advocate direct. :lol:

Think the coaching is probably alright, but he needs to understand quickly that has to go out the window for now. We need to play hyper percentage and maybe even go long to two strikers...We aren't going to win any games not creating chances. Never thought the day would come that I'd advocate direct. :lol:

I don't know how but that post has put the possibility of Allerdyce showing up again if Ashley's desperate

Could be idea when Mitrovic gets back, won't happen like.

For some reason I keep thinking back to that Cathro interview where he said he see's his job as working as hard as he can every minute of the day to get success, or whatever it was.

There's a lad who's career ended early and he's worked his fucking bollocks off to be a coach.

Wonder what he's thinking watching our collection of millionaires run about not giving two fucks for 90 minutes.

He's never managed to turn things around once they've started going tits up. Forest being a classic example.

Wanted him to really give it a go, but in all honesty the squad we've got just don't arent good enough. We've no decent centre half, no wingers, one injury away from having no decent full backs and to top it off, we've no fucker who looks like scoring over 10 goals a season.

Give the c*** a chance to turn it around ffs.

Why? What do you see changing?

There really isn't an alternative to be frank.

Needs to be an alternative and pretty damn quick as the club is going down quicker than the Titanic - honestly find it staggering that people are still saying give him a chance

"Still" :lol: He's been here two minutes.

Sheep