Steve McClaren

Dave

If McClaren we're to resign, would people respect him more then if he were to on and try and sort the issues out?

Almost certainly if it was because of Ashley etc.

I couldn't give a fuck about respecting him at this point, he's doomed and set to fail IMO, if he hasn't already.

I would be genuinely shocked if Sissoko & Wijnaldum could play in CM 2 together.

I think they could if we actually pressed as a team, but coaching that into the players would take time and even if the coaches had the nous to pull it off it's something you teach the players during pre season and not after an abysmal start bordering on crisis.

Don't really think we've got the players to press high at all. Too weak at the back and susceptible to longer balls. I think they could play together, if they showed any defensive appetite for the game. Sissoko defends selectively and Wijnaldum is adapting.

Remember the disparaging article claiming Garde didn't get how big the club was, and was asking about art galleries?

Good old Steve knew the club and the responsibility required though ... yeah.

Good old Steve had just been sacked by a lower league club and was the cheap option. Ring any bells?

Thing is if he takes us down he will turn into a very expensive appointment which will cost in excess of £100m.

I think what makes the whole thing absolutely sickening is the fact Garde was free at the time, and although he had planned to take the season off, I'm sure he could have been convinced otherwise if we really went for it.

Even more sickening is the fact we then waited until the summer, when he would have then been ready to come aboard, and then we go and get McClaren then.

Just shambolic stuff.

I would be genuinely shocked if Sissoko & Wijnaldum could play in CM 2 together.

I think they could if we actually pressed as a team, but coaching that into the players would take time and even if the coaches had the nous to pull it off it's something you teach the players during pre season and not after an abysmal start bordering on crisis.

Don't really think we've got the players to press high at all. Too weak at the back and susceptible to longer balls. I think they could play together, if they showed any defensive appetite for the game. Sissoko defends selectively and Wijnaldum is adapting.

I'm not far from thinking we should give it a go. But I just can't see it working. Sissoko is too undisciplined defensively.

Why i said as a team.... if you press properly then their should be very space in between the lines and thus difficult for teams to look up and play a pass. Sure you might be susceptible to a ball over the top but if you are doing it right there should be very little space between each line ( aka defense, midfield and attack)

We can't do it now obviously, but i think it could work but it would take time. If you look at say Dortmund, i wouldn't particularly say Subotic and Hummels are ideal for a pressing game either in a lot of ways but hey it works because they press properly and don't allow for much space in between each section of the team and there is rarely an occasion when there's more than 30 yards between the CB and the CF.

I'm talking in hypothetical here though as it's obvious it wouldn't work straight away and for something like this it would have had to been tested in pre season.

I'm not far from thinking we should give it a go. But I just can't see it working. Sissoko is too undisciplined defensively.

I don't think it'll work either but it's better than having one of Anita/Colback. For all the stick the midgets do get, they actually do put the effort in off the ball. If Sissoko-Wijnaldum displayed that, it'd be a big help, even if they're not positionally any good.

Why i said as a team.... if you press properly then their should be very space in between the lines and thus difficult for teams to look up and play a pass. Sure you might be susceptible to a ball over the top but if you are doing it right there should be very little space between each line ( aka defense, midfield and attack)

We can't do it now obviously, but i think it could work but it would take time. If you look at say Dortmund, i wouldn't particularly say Subotic and Hummels are ideal for a pressing game either in a lot of ways but hey it works because they press properly and don't allow for much space in between each section of the team and there is rarely an occasion when there's more than 30 yards between the CB and the CF.

The goals we've conceded in the last 3 games have all come from long balls, not play through the lines, which is why I don't think pressing and encouraging players to move higher up the pitch will work for us. It also requires players with a high work ethic off the ball, barely any of our lot show that. Hummels and Subotic are physical players that can win long passes, are excellent readers of the game and generally play against less physical forwards, we're a world away from that.

He wants to fuck off being a Pardew-style cunt with this 4-2-3-1 bollocks thinking we're Chelsea or Barcelona and do whatever he can to get the players onside. The blame lies at the top with Mike Ashley for everything and his rotten cost-cutting and uncaring attitude towards our club is what spreads the 'poison' through it, not the likes of Cisse and Tiote.

Feel bad for McClaren but he was never the man for us and a totally underwhelming appointment, but could you really see someone like Vieira or Paco Jemez being a yes man? The fat cunt at the top is the problem and the one causing all of the heartache for the fans, he needs to get in the fucking sea.

Sissoko created our only 2 real chances against Watford. The Cisse miss and the goal.

Let's bench him then. LOL.

there's such a thing as the greater good, because he sporadically creates the odd chance in a sea of shit it doesn't mean he's the best thing for the team overall

tbh against chelsea and citeh i'd probably not drop him on reflection but they have to be his last chances to put in a game influencing performance imo, if he can't do it then he should get to fuck

back 5

thauvin sissoko wijnaldum aarons

perez  mitrovic

we've got to change something man, he's been playing the same players and formation for months and funnily enough changing neither is not working [emoji38]

What is the greater good? Leaving everything up to Janmaat to create? Wijnaldum, Colback, Thauvin should all be dropped before Sissoko based on performances

The greater good is playing a player might integrate better with the team. At the risk of sounding all TCD Sissoko is little more than an athlete who can transition play quickly, but he doesn't do it consistently enough to warrant his place in the team without the fear of being dropped imo.

3 years he's been right? More or less come January. He's no better than the day we signed him, worse in fact.

I'd be interested to know your grand solution because for me picking the same players who do the same shit week in week out in a poor formation that complements nobody is just madness.

He's got to send a message at some point or they'll just keep coasting and picking up wages. Why wouldn't they?

Sissoko created our only 2 real chances against Watford. The Cisse miss and the goal.

there's such a thing as the greater good, because he sporadically creates the odd chance in a sea of shit it doesn't mean he's the best thing for the team overall

tbh against chelsea and citeh i'd probably not drop him on reflection but they have to be his last chances to put in a game influencing performance imo, if he can't do it then he should get to fuck

back 5

perez  mitrovic

we've got to change something man, he's been playing the same players and formation for months and funnily enough changing neither is not working [emoji38]

What is the greater good? Leaving everything up to Janmaat to create? Wijnaldum, Colback, Thauvin should all be dropped before Sissoko based on performances

The greater good is playing a player might integrate better with the team. At the risk of sounding all TCD Sissoko is little more than an athlete who can transition play quickly, but he doesn't do it consistently enough to warrant his place in the team without the fear of being dropped imo.

3 years he's been right? More or less come January. He's no better than the day we signed him, worse in fact.

I'd be interested to know your grand solution because for me picking the same players who do the same shit week in week out in a poor formation that complements nobody is just madness.

He's got to send a message at some point or they'll just keep coasting and picking up wages. Why wouldn't they?

Honestly what I think we should do is focus all our attacks down the right flank with Sissoko and Janmaat and then let the rest of our attacking players get into the box or just on the edge of the area for a cross/cut back. Once we started doing this against Watford we started actually looking like we might score

back 5

perez  mitrovic

Honestly what I think we should do is focus all our attacks down the right flank with Sissoko and Janmaat and then let the rest of our attacking players get into the box or just on the edge of the area for a cross/cut back. Once we started doing this against Watford we started actually looking like we might score

Well, that's a tactical masterstroke right there [emoji38]

If love to be a fly on the wall at the training ground over the next few days. Sounds like it's absolutely toxic.

I think it would be pretty boring, with players just ignoring McClaren and having a kick about among themselves.

We don't press at all though.

The only player pressing and tackling back last night was frigging Obertan!!

Vieira (who I didn't want like but obviously would have took over McClaren for the craic) and Garde just show that they're openly taking the piss tbh. They had no interest in signing either yet they obviously knew they were names which would excite the fans. It's the same with putting bids in at the final hour which are obviously going to get turned down.

They're about as smart as Young Kenny was in Phoenix Nights when he wrote the pub quiz answers on his arm, despite not knowing the questions.

:lol: :lol:

I can imagine the conversation come May time:

"You forgot to read our team out!"

"Were you Stevie Mc, Lee and Mike?"

"Yeah"

"You came twentieth."

"Out of how many?"

"Twenty."

Vieira (who I didn't want like but obviously would have took over McClaren for the craic) and Garde just show that they're openly taking the p*ss tbh. They had no interest in signing either yet they obviously knew they were names which would excite the fans. It's the same with putting bids in at the final hour which are obviously going to get turned down.

They're about as smart as Young Kenny was in Phoenix Nights when he wrote the pub quiz answers on his arm, despite not knowing the questions.

:lol: :lol:

I can imagine the conversation come May time:

"You forgot to read our team out!"

"Were you Stevie Mc, Lee and Mike?"

"Yeah"

"You came twentieth."

"Out of how many?"

"Twenty."

:lol: That episode, man.  Brilliant. 

"The answer was The Shroud of Turin"

"What did we have?" 

"Lisa Stansfield"

Everything last night was just so slow. Anita dropping between the CB and passing sideways from left to right and then back again. No one making any runs, other than Perez when he came on.

At one point we were attacking in the first half and De Jong was walking towards their goal with his back to play not even looking or making any effort.

Thauvin has no confidence at all and could pass at all last night.

I don't get where this 'toxic' dressing room has come from and how we are again a club in crisis after a decent point against Southampton and Man U.

Everything last night was just so slow. Anita dropping between the CB and passing sideways from left to right and then back again. No one making any runs, other than Perez when he came on.

At one point we were attacking in the first half and De Jong was walking towards their goal with his back to play not even looking or making any effort.

I don't get where this 'toxic' dressing room has come from and how we are again a club in crisis after a decent point against Southampton and Man U.

Aye, the ball hit De Jong on the back didn't it?

That's when my young un called him rubbish.

its toxic in the sense that the majority of them don't give a shit if we win or lose it seems