Steve McClaren

Dave

Guest Roger Kint

He's just underwhelming, i don't think anyone is saying he's outright bad just we should be aiming higher but that's Ashleys NUFC in a nutshell.

Thats it exactly. Ashley gives us the smallest improvement possible on what we had previously in Pardew as he will when it comes to signings this summer. Paper talk of Abdennour for £20m :lol:

He's just underwhelming, i don't think anyone is saying he's outright bad just we should be aiming higher but that's Ashleys NUFC in a nutshell.

Thats it exactly. Ashley gives us the smallest improvement possible on what we had previously in Pardew as he will when it comes to signings this summer. Paper talk of Abdennour for £20m :lol:

:spit:

That renewal deadline is coming up lol

He's better than Pardew but we could have got better if we really tried is the gist.

I think by now it's pretty clear we are never going to go for a really ambitious manager while we are owned by Ashley. The best we can hope for is someone who knows how to put a team together and gets them playing good football. In that context McClaren is not a bad shout especially given our recent appointments.

He's better than Pardew but we could have got better if we really tried is the gist.

I think by now it's pretty clear we are never going to go for a really ambitious manager while we are owned by Ashley. The best we can hope for is someone who knows how to put a team together and gets them playing good football. In that context McClaren is not a bad shout especially given our recent appointments.

Basically my feeling as well. It's an OK appointment in the context of where we are, but it doesn't change the depressing picture of the club as a whole.

Being just above average is the worst we could hope for. Best case scenario is a serious manager. Second best case was Carver.

If you believe in the scorched earth policy of getting Ashley out then yep, you're right. Not sure everyone failing as quickly as possible is really the answer, but then again I don't know what is.

Hated appointment of Pardew and trash before him

Gutted by and hated Carver

McClaren is "safe" - no more, no less.

Not to say "safe" doesnt work out very well for us.

Also not to say having Viera would have worked out well, could well have ended in disaster.

So we have ended up with safe.

Being just above average is the worst we could hope for. Best case scenario is a serious manager. Second best case was Carver.

If you believe in the scorched earth policy of getting Ashley out then yep, you're right. Not sure everyone failing as quickly as possible is really the answer, but then again I don't know what is.

At 17th we had him squirming on Sky TV. Had we been 11th would we have put the pressure on him?

At 17th we had him squirming on Sky TV. Had we been 11th would we have put the pressure on him?

I know what you're saying, I don't disagree really. But he squirmed on TV and then he didn't change his approach at all... or at least not by very much.

It's quite hard to muster a debate on this because I don't want Carver, don't have any feelings about McClaren and I have no idea whether relegation would make Ashley more likely to sell. Not sure I can be bothered to form opinions beyond that!

Being just above average wouldn't do for me though. I'd be looking for us to be challenging for Europe and playing decent football while we're at it. If McClaren can't do that then he's a waste of time. Newcastle is financially one of the biggest clubs in England. We should always be around the top 6.

Guest GallowgateKev

You cant not give him a chance, pointless not getting behind him before he even arrives.

We need to back him to push this squad forward and up the league...

You cant not give him a chance, pointless not getting behind him before he even arrives.

We need to back him to push this squad forward and up the league...

Lerl

Guest GallowgateKev

I personally think he's a world class coach, was unlucky with England due to an incompetent squad.

He was unlucky England?  The only manager to fail to qualify for a major championship in 20 years?  Was he also unlucky at Wolfsburg or Forest?  Even his second spell at Twente and the final part of Derby?  He's had two successes in his career.  Middlesbrough, where they were pretty big spenders, and Twente.

By saying he's World Class you're putting him the category of Mourinho & Ancelotti.  Which means your fishing or utterly mental.

He' just a fucking tit and Ashley probably giggled at his attempt at Dutch and German accents and thought it would be funny as fuck to rile us with a geordie accent. In fact probably in his contract that he has to do every interview with a geordie twang