Steve McClaren

Dave

One of those articles claims £40m on six new players. That's a massive £6.7m per player. The quality of players that money tends to buy will definitely move you from 15th to 8th :thup:

Don't forget to take away money for the wages. :thup:

And agents fees. If we're planning on spending £40m on half a dozen players it'll be more bargain basement rubbish. £6m only buys you a Rivière these days Graham Carr.

One of those articles claims £40m on six new players. That's a massive £6.7m per player. The quality of players that money tends to buy will definitely move you from 15th to 8th :thup:

And agents fees. If we're planning on spending £40m on half a dozen players it'll be more bargain basement rubbish. £6m only buys you a Rivière these days Graham Carr.

It would have also bought you Aaron Cresswell or Ayoze Perez with change to spare. There's players out there available for cheap enough if you look in the right places.

Would be delighted if we went out and spent around £6m on someone like Tyrone Mings.

Voted "no".  Im not happy.  All theyve done is polish a turd.

A 40 million spend isn't that much when NUFC insist on including the salaries and payments to agents as part of the transfer fee.

Can't be bothered to be miserable for the entire pre-season, may as well wait until the season starts proper so voted wait and see despite not exactly being enthused by McClaren's appointment.

Guest Roger Kint

Gets the eight year deal and a million quid bonus if we win a cup according to tomorrow's rags.

Jesus. They never ever learn do they? What is this obsession with long contracts?

If he wins a cup, I'd happily see him get an 80 year contract and I'd give him handjobs for life.

See, people always say stuff like this but it's thoroughly daft as a concept.

So Ashley who claims he will fuck off if we win a cup would give him an extra 5 years after this as reward? Hes never going to sell is he? :lol:

Providing we spend 50 million (that's potentially 15 on a striker, 9 on a winger and 6.5 on 4 other players) I'll be reasonably happy going into the season with McClaren in charge. By all accounts his Derby team played attractive football and does reasonably well in the cups so, while not exhilarating, there shooooould be at least something to look forward to this coming season.

Knowing how this club has operated in the past though, it will be another underwhelming campaign (at best).

Guest Roger Kint

It would have also bought you Aaron Cresswell or Ayoze Perez with change to spare. There's players out there available for cheap enough if you look in the right places.

Would be delighted if we went out and spent around £6m on someone like Tyrone Mings.

Agree on Mings, throw in two decent Cb's plus Austin and i would start to believe these twats are going to try. As it is a sprinkling of average Brit battlers and cheap forrins are more likely.

Or Ayoze Perez X 4 :)

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan  10m10 minutes ago

.@ASSEofficiel coach #Galtier tells @francefootball 'Last winter I was asked if I wanted to meet @NUFC and leave mid-season. Categoric no'

David Crossan ‏@davidmcrossan  10m10 minutes ago

.@ASSEofficiel coach #Galtier tells @francefootball 'Last winter I was asked if I wanted to meet @NUFC and leave mid-season. Categoric no'

@ASSEofficiel coach #Galtier tells @francefootball 'seriously I told them to get fucked'

I personally think McClaren does get it. Whether that means we'll see good football or top 7-8 finishes and a team going out to try and win every match remains to be seen.  Or rather, whether that means he's capable of the results and style of football we crave...

I'll still firmly believe that this is a club that was managed by Keegan, Sir Bobby, and Dalglish (i know he was an epic fail but his pedigree at the time was brilliant). The Newcastle United we knew with the right owner is capable of attracting Klopp, Bielsa, De Boer, etc - that's my issue with this hire and will be with this club under MA. We should be duking it out with clubs who make as much money as we do but we choose to be a cheap low class club.

Having said that, hope to f*** McClaren does well and we all get to enjoy football again.

I'm just sick of it being dressed up as anything other than a total embarrassment, all because it could have been worse.

There's a lot of evidence to suggest he's better than Alan Pardew, by default he'll get us playing better football and such, I get it. I'll maybe be able to watch us play without wishing to end my own life, it's still a load of bollocks though, it's still calculated mediocrity.

Sorry, I hope I get sick of being a fucking downer sometime soon like :lol:

I personally think McClaren does get it. Whether that means we'll see good football or top 7-8 finishes and a team going out to try and win every match remains to be seen.  Or rather, whether that means he's capable of the results and style of football we crave...

I'll still firmly believe that this is a club that was managed by Keegan, Sir Bobby, and Dalglish (i know he was an epic fail but his pedigree at the time was brilliant). The Newcastle United we knew with the right owner is capable of attracting Klopp, Bielsa, De Boer, etc - that's my issue with this hire and will be with this club under MA. We should be duking it out with clubs who make as much money as we do but we choose to be a cheap low class club.

Having said that, hope to f*** McClaren does well and we all get to enjoy football again.

:thup: All of this.