Steve McClaren

Dave

Which other team has a midfielder dropping back behind the central defenders to bring the ball forward? Such a pointless role. Colo and Mbemba are more than capable to pass forward to our midfield or fullbacks. Just dont get Anita role (still like Anita though).

Also - just dont get Sissoko playing on the right - I get that he can run fast, but when we signed him, i was so excited for him to play in the middle, breaking forward.

Also - dont get Gini playing in the hole. Would be a really good midfielder in my opinion.

Sick of players playing out of position. Would rather they learned the trade in their natural positions. Sissoko and Gini may be terrible for a few games, but think they have the tools to mature into decent midfielders

Same cant be said for gingerman - getting 100 games in the midfield and will just never get better.

Errr.  In modern football.  Lots of teams have a midfielder coming deep, with the centre backs splitting and the full backs pushing on.  I actually quite like it.  The problem is, we don't really have any movement further up the pitch, or players that are confident enough to actually try and work the ball, or pass and move.

Too often last night.  You would see Mbemba asking players to come short and looking for the pass.  Only to have to hoof it long, as there was nothing on.  Or we just pass it sideways for ages, then give it to Krul, who invariably boots it straight off the pitch.

Played off the park by West Ham and raped by a chubby looking Payet.  Embarrassing.

EDIT - TL:DR.  See AY's post above.

:thup:

This is where we're still a massive work in porgress. Would be a big help if he picked more suitable players for the 3 central roles, obviously. It's like the most key area of his plan too, so he needs to sort it ASAP.

I love Mbemba so much. You can just see he knows how to play and is brave as a lion.

Always surging forward into space, always looking to play a positive forward pass, always looking to get guys going.

:lol:

you're laughing but they are on he same level both terrible managers who should be nowhere near his club.

They might be both terrible managers but they are not on the same level at all. I still reckon we'll see some decent football this season once McClaren grows a pair and picks a more attacking line up. That wasn't ever going to happen under the fraud.

I agree with what's been said about the Anita role in possession, it works and he does what is asked of him well enough, the problem is how disfunctional everything in front of him is in both attacking and defending.

This is not to say he's some sort of great player but he plays his limited role well enough imo.

you're laughing but they are on he same level both terrible managers who should be nowhere near his club.

They might be both terrible managers but they are not on the same level at all. I still reckon we'll see some decent football this season once McClaren grows a pair and picks a more attacking line up. That wasn't ever going to happen under the fraud.

Disagree sorry you will never see attacking football from McClaren for a start - it took him nearly 20 minutes to even change the team to a more attacking formation last night even though we were 2 - 0 down. Both totally shit and as bad as each other but in different ways.

Disagree sorry you will never see attacking football from McClaren for a start - it took him nearly 20 minutes to even change the team to a more attacking formation last night even though we were 2 - 0 down. Both totally shit and as bad as each other but in different ways.

Even defensive teams can be effective if they play fast counter-attacking football. I'd rather watch that than the eight man defense hoof it long to the wing tactics of the king.

Disagree sorry you will never see attacking football from McClaren for a start - it took him nearly 20 minutes to even change the team to a more attacking formation last night even though we were 2 - 0 down. Both totally s*** and as bad as each other but in different ways.

Even defensive teams can be effective if they play fast counter-attacking football. I'd rather watch that than the eight man defense hoof it long to the wing tactics of the king.

Not when you're playing average players at best like Anita and Colback over and over again you won't and he is the man who picks them- let's see if you're saying the same in another few games as you're in for one hell of a wake up call if you really think things will improve under him.

McClaren has actually won a couple of things in the game, that automatically makes him better.

So it makes him better than Keegan also does it going by your comparison?

Disagree sorry you will never see attacking football from McClaren for a start - it took him nearly 20 minutes to even change the team to a more attacking formation last night even though we were 2 - 0 down. Both totally s*** and as bad as each other but in different ways.

Not when you're playing average players at best like Anita and Colback over and over again you won't and he is the man who picks them- let's see if you're saying the same in another few games as you're in for one hell of a wake up call if you really think things will improve under him.

It won't take much to improve on Pardew mind, shit results and passing football would do that.

It won't take much to improve on Pardew mind, s*** results and passing football would do that.

Passing 10 yards backwards and sideways is not passing football though in my eyes anyway - let's just see who is right only time will tell.

McClaren has actually won a couple of things in the game, that automatically makes him better.

Does it not mean McClaren's better than Pardew?

You could say who has the highest  league position in England if you want to put it that way and say Pardew is but I'm not I am just saying they are both equally as s***. But of course you obviously think McClaren is better than Keegan then. I look at the whole picture when I'm comparing.

You could sy who has the highest  league position in England if you want to put it that way and say Pardew is but I'm not I am just saying they are both equally as s***. But of course you obviously think McC;aren is better than Keegan then. I look at the who picture when I'm comparing.

The initial comparison is between McClaren and Pardew, when comparing the two directly, the fact that one has won things makes him better because they're somewhat level in other areas. That's still taking into account the bigger picture. If you asked me to compare Keegan and McClaren then I'd say Keegan because he can do more with an NUFC team than McClaren.

You could sy who has the highest  league position in England if you want to put it that way and say Pardew is but I'm not I am just saying they are both equally as s***. But of course you obviously think McC;aren is better than Keegan then. I look at the who picture when I'm comparing.

The initial comparison is between McClaren and Pardew, when comparing the two directly, the fact that one has won things makes him better because they're somewhat level in other areas. That's still taking into account the bigger picture. If you asked me to compare Keegan and McClaren then I'd say Keegan because he can do more with an NUFC team than McClaren.

So you're using winning more trophies when comparing one manager and then saying that doesn't apply to when you compare with another manager. Yeah right lmao-  just do like for like and give an argument as to league positions he has achieved in England which is where Newcastle play. Pardew got to a final of the FA Cup, he finished 5th in the league and is 6th in the league presently but do I say he is a good manager no but he as an overall better league record than McClaren though. You're trying to tell me that one shit manager is better than another shit manager and trying to use a League Cup win and a league championship in the Dutch league and yet when I say well if you're using that measure that also applies with someone like Keegan who never won a trophy or a league championship (and not when we were promoted either before you raise that) you try and say no it's not the same - yes it is.

I've got no problem with the ball going backwards or sideways if it is just to maintain possesion and it is only 10-20% of the game. Last night was fucking horrible though, the reason the ball was going back much of the time is there was simply no outlet forward. Then Krul would give the opposition possesion and the problem was solved for a while. :/

Early days but he's been the disappointment I feared he would be. Very limited, let's hope his plan a comes good soon as I don't see any plan b for him

At least he's easier to listen too. That will soon change when if we long win soon.

Guest Howaythetoon

He needs to drop Anita AND Colback and give Cisse a partner. Sissoko wide right is shite too, he needs to play CM and get Aarons wide on one flank and Thauvin on the other and start playing down the wings and getting crosses in.

Last night was very poor, almost Pardew poor.

He needs to drop Anita AND Colback and give Cisse a partner. Sissoko wide right is shite too, he needs to play CM and get Aarons wide on one flank and Thauvin on the other and start playing down the wings and getting crosses in.

Last night was very poor, almost Pardew poor.

The squad is horrifically unbalanced, it's almost impossible to play our best players all at once and there's one set for one style of football and now another lot for another. The other issue is too many players without real positions and defined roles. It's a fucking mess.