Steve McClaren

Dave

Need to toughen up mentally apparently. Inspirational words.

It's took the clueless pleb 8 games a footballing lesson from a championship b team and a pre season where we were getting shown up from the Portland Timbers reserve side to discover that

The man is a clueless fucking clown. This is what happens when it's jobs for the boys and employing cheap second rate shite. If I was continuously failing my objectives at work I'd be binned. Not this cunt he's even got a place on the board with the other chimps who wouldn't get a similar position at a corner shop never mind a perm league team

It's all down to Ashley he employs these cheap fuckwits to entrust his business. Guaranteed these cunts wouldn't get near the SD board

e've seen two halves, close games, but that was unbelievable. Five goal in 13 mins from a world class striker in form against a City team who are capable of doing that, but I never saw it coming at half time.

I thought we came here wanting to win, we set out to win, and in the first half we played to win. We shook Man City. We scored the first, Mitro second goal not offside. We had other opportunities and caused them problems.

The goal before half time lifted them. Difficult to explain the 13 minutes.

First time thats happened. Its an enigma. Something we have to address and look at, today we showed strength as a team and also the weakness.

i thought first half, and last week first half, near dammit perfect - the way we set out and defended, the way we attacked. Gameplan was perfect. last two weeks have shown hard work in trianing, you can see it out there. which is encouraging. we've found a system, a way of playing that will win us games. Chelsea and Man City have world class players who can pull the game out of the hat. Atm we can take positives. I'm trying very hard. We've got strengths and weaknesses.

we have to react, toughen up, not feel sorry for ourself, not make excuses. our season starts in two weeks.

I've played at places, few years ago, got beat 7-0 at arsenal in January - come may we were in FA Cup semi and UEFA Cup final. I said that in the dressing room. We take the positives from this, we were damn good in both first halves. We know there's a team in there we just need to toughen up and do it for 90 minutes.

We cant allow that (to keep losing).

(can you teach that?)

You can do but you're gonna come across adversity, you've got to deal with it and handle it. Getting beat like we did will either toughen them up or send other players completely the other way. We hope/want to toughen up mentally and physically.

We'll stew on the result, we'll only know if the two week break is a good thing when we come back. The performances against Norwich and Sunderland, we've got to start our season. Take the positives from the last two weeks and go forward. The team in there isn't consistent over 90 minutes but you can see the work that is being done.

we came here to win the game and very nearly did."

Who've we got in charge of the mental game side of things?

Steve Black

Of relegated QPR who has done fuck all to improve things this far.

Won't hold my breath.

I would never have hired him in the first place. This is too big of a task for him, and he has not proved anything to suggest he is cut out for PL football. Also, he makes a total ass of himself by trying to hide behind sayings like "things can turn fast in football" "This team needs time to gel" blah blah blah.

He said that shit a couple of game ago in a post-match interview. Got damn it, to even accept letting words like that enter your ear is a crime.

Everything from top to bottom at this club stinks amature!

Who've we got in charge of the mental game side of things?

Steve Black

Of relegated QPR who has done fuck all to improve things this far.

Won't hold my breath.

Fitness coach as well isn't he?

What inspiration, a fat bloke in a tracksuit.

Its never been about fight or toughness - a plan and some professionalism and inspirational goals would be a start.

You can't look at today and say there wasn't a plan. There clearly was, the players do lose fight too quickly. It's not fashionable to admit but it does matter.

Not sure "collapse regularly" is a fair assessment mind

Conceded 52 in 2015. The defence remains dreadful and prone to collapsing far too often imo.

Been the same whether the manager has been Pardew, Carver or McClaren. None of them are good managers but that says it all about the mentality of the club. We're programmed to not compete. Despite what Ashley and his dickhead MD may say or think, you can't just turn that around overnight by spending a few quid for a change. This has been coming for years, and it's exactly what they deserve.

Absolutely.

I was just pointing out the fact that he's failed to organise a back four and we look no better for him taking over. Some managers walk into a club and can make them organised and disciplined within a few weeks, it happens loads. He walks into the club in June and we don't look any better and have the worst GD in the division. Yes the problems were there but he's failed to solve them. :thup:

Gameplan was perfect. last two weeks have shown hard work in trianing, you can see it out there. which is encouraging. we've found a system, a way of playing that will win us games. Chelsea and Man City have world class players who can pull the game out of the hat. Atm we can take positives. I'm trying very hard. We've got strengths and weaknesses.

Maybe we should give that system a try.

Did he actually say we came here to win and very nearly did....after losing 6-1 fuck me....yes Steve it was tight

What a fucking clown....and to say stew on result is wrong he should have these wankers in for extra training for 2 weeks. Change the captain and boot people's arses into the stiffs after that embarrassment

Did he actually say we came here to win and very nearly did....after losing 6-1 fuck me....yes Steve it was tight

What a fucking clown....and to say stew on result is wrong he should have these wankers in for extra training for 2 weeks. Change the captain and boot people's arses into the stiffs after that embarrassment

:lol:  Aye Steve, it was close, if we could have just nicked another 6 at the end....

Its never been about fight or toughness - a plan and some professionalism and inspirational goals would be a start.

You can't look at today and say there wasn't a plan. There clearly was, the players do lose fight too quickly. It's not fashionable to admit but it does matter.

Well perhaps. I still think an institutional lack of professionalism is more crippling than anything else. You can only instill drive if your aiming for something. Even even they want to leave in a year if they help us in a cup run or show their worth through engaging in trying to better themselves. They don't because they no they have a benign and weak coach who wields no power, can pick up a significant wage and leave at the drop of a hat, the sooner the better as far as the club are concerned if you are overrage are shown the tiniest bit of interest. That precursor to fight simply isn't there as a basis.

Guest Howaythetoon

Why is this guy always smirking in interviews?

Its part of a carefully crafted image/makeover thing he has had going on since the England job.