Steve McClaren

Dave

Depressingly I reckon we will hold onto him way beyond it being too late, out of plain ignorance.

Have to admit to being initially quite encouraged by the coaching appointments, so desperate were things before. But the whole head coach idea being spouted off is proving to be fucked, and comes from those at the club who know nothing.

This club desperately needed some leadership where none was being shown, and should have appointed a proper manager with that quality. But I suppose they were never going to see that or admit to it anyway.

Not sure "collapse regularly" is a fair assessment mind

Conceded 52 in 2015. The defence remains dreadful and prone to collapsing far too often imo.

Been the same whether the manager has been Pardew, Carver or McClaren. None of them are good managers but that says it all about the mentality of the club. We're programmed to not compete. Despite what Ashley and his dickhead MD may say or think, you can't just turn that around overnight by spending a few quid for a change. This has been coming for years, and it's exactly what they deserve.

Absolutely.

I was just pointing out the fact that he's failed to organise a back four and we look no better for him taking over. Some managers walk into a club and can make them organised and disciplined within a few weeks, it happens loads. He walks into the club in June and we don't look any better and have the worst GD in the division. Yes the problems were there but he's failed to solve them. :thup:

Not at Newcastle with the current regime. Nobody can. The policy from the guys on top (not to mention who these guys are) has absolutely nothing to do with building a football club. Nothing.

Judge me after eight games, judge me after 10 games, judge me after Xmas.

Judge me when I've had a full season in the championship.

With everything being totally pointless, the one thing I will actually give McClaren is the fact he is laughing and smiling during all the interviews. I'd like to think it is because in his mind he is like "hahaha, can you f***ing believe this. They were on their knees to get me. Despite me being so s***. They put me on the board for f*** sake. And then, and then... haha... they let me spent a s*** load of money on players too. And now, haha, they can't afford to sack me. Clueless c***s".

Guest firetotheworks

Don't blame the bloke we all knew was crap, blame the people that thought he was a good appointment and employed him in the first place.

My opinion of him hasn't changed, we all knew he wasn't good enough.

The lack of any leadership on or off the field is killing us now, we can't cope with any set back. With that in mind McClaren was a staggeringly poor appointment; he has to go. We were the better side for 40 minutes today but we simply fell apart. McClaren should have been having a near cardiac arrest on the touchline attempting to put it right, I bet he was hid in the dug out playing with his board and making notes. We wanted a coach and that's what we've got, unfortunately we need a manager.

How he can stand not bang on about the first half all interview is embarrassing. You don't just concede 6 goals because you're up against a quality team, we're a shambles.

If we were doing ok you could accept something like this happening. As a score and performance it wasn't any worse than say the 2-6 v Man Utd when we ended up top 3. We were the better team for 40 minutes, Aguero blitzed us for 20 minutes, and the last 30 minutes was a non-event.

No he's not. We'd have probably lost 0-3 because we were s**** from the beginning like we'd normally be at that place under him, where they had the game under wraps early on without getting out of second gear. Not be unlucky not to be 3-0 up and then have them going all out after a scare.

No he's not. We'd have probably lost 0-3 because we were s**** from the beginning like we'd normally be at that place under him, where they had the game under wraps early on without getting out of second gear. Not be unlucky not to be 3-0 up and then have them going all out after a scare.

At least he's trying to do something in a game where Pardew would have rolled over for the mancs to tickle his belly. Great first half performance, the problem being we still look fragile as fook, as soon as one goal goes in we crumble instead of remaining calm and trying to play like we had up to that point.

Fwiw I voted sack him, he's way out of his depth but even if we get relegated with McClaren I'd still prefer it to treading water lower-mid table with Pardew.

Fuck it all to death until Ashley goes, light the touch paper and watch the fucker burn.

Lose against Norwich and he should be handed his P45.

Don't do it to yourself,  Mick.

I don't expect it to happen but we're virtually screwed if we fail to pick up all 3 points.

Looks out of his depth but is also being badly let down by his players.

Not a great deal of point sacking him as we can guarantee any replacement will be no better, and is quite likely to be a catastrophic embarrassment a la Kinnear or Carver.

We're fucked this time I reckon.