Steve McClaren

Dave

Absolutely s*** performance. It's a win but we still look awful.

That  performance was equally as bad if not worse than anything Pardew or Carver served up bloke is a fucking joke of a manager

Although I understand why he kept us as what essentially was a 4-4-2 after recent performances, it was almost definitely the wrong decision in hindsight. With that extra man in midfield, Bournemouth absolutely bossed it for the first 55-60 mins. Once we reverted to a 4-5-1, they ran out of ideas - was the right change by McClaren but should've come sooner. The Cisse sub was baffling mind.

I'd swap him with Howe in a heartbeat.

Well obviously.

What does that tell us about Charnley though? Howe isn't a big name manager, but he comprehensively outthought McClaren.

Howe and Bournemouth have a clear style and footballing philosophy, with players that fit it perfectly. We're random. Not sure he out thought McClaren, but definitely the approach that he has ingrained into his players over time was too much for us.

Charnley is clueless, but we already knew that. I don't mind McClaren but nobody had ever argued he was the best possible option.

Not a good performance and I hated the Cisse sub, BUT...

1) They were less threatening after we made a couple changes. This may have been partially down to tired legs, but I think moving Wijnaldum inside and putting on a winger made a difference. Personally I'd like to see Perez up top and Thauvin on for Mitrovic if he wants to make that change. Cisse is finished.

2) Today's performance was bad and we lost the derby, but we've gotten 7 points from our last four games. That's something.

Although I understand why he kept us as what essentially was a 4-4-2 after recent performances, it was almost definitely the wrong decision in hindsight. With that extra man in midfield, Bournemouth absolutely bossed it for the first 55-60 mins. Once we reverted to a 4-5-1, they ran out of ideas - was the right change by McClaren but should've come sooner. The Cisse sub was baffling mind.

Aye, I said at the time I wanted an extra midfielder. Not that we really have one, but I wouldn't gone Thauvin for Perez personally.

1) They were less threatening after we made a couple changes. This may have been partially down to tired legs, but I think moving Wijnaldum inside and putting on a winger made a difference. Personally I'd like to see Perez up top and Thauvin on for Mitrovic if he wants to make that change. Cisse is finished.

2) Today's performance was bad and we lost the derby, but we've gotten 7 points from our last four games. That's something.

As wank as Cisse is, he's more of an outball than Perez is like.

Neither here not there that. You'd swap mcclaren for the best young English manager around? Well I'm staggered.

We must have the only managerial headhunter in the game who doesn't watch football then.

As wank as Cisse is, he's more of an outball than Perez is like.

why do we need an outball?  no one who plays against us needs one :lol:

Neither here not there that. You'd swap mcclaren for the best young English manager around? Well I'm staggered.

We must have the only managerial headhunter in the game who doesn't watch football then.

Eh? Give over man. It doesn't matter who or what they watch.

Howe would want his head testing coming anywhere near us, and they know it.