Steve McClaren

Dave

Flicked over to Talksport for 5 minutes on the drive home last night.  A Geordie by the name of David, made some very good points about McClaren.  How we should have got someone in the same mould as Klopp or a figurehead like Vieira.  Also mentioned how the rot had set in long before he arrived.  Due to Ashley, Pardew and Carver.  Made some other points in between Collymore shouting the odds.

David Minhosa TBH. 

Was me.  :lol:

Cheers minhosa  :lol:

Notice they didn't pick up on my beaten by 3 goals or more under pardew stat and pretty much cut me off after it.

Can't be talking badly about pardew on a national radio show, hey?

Ha.  Brilliant.  I thought it would be someone off here.  It wasn't the usual type to call in (I mean that as a compliment) and you actually managed to get some well researched points in.  Most on these shows, usually end up in an argument with the presenter and the callers very rarely have a decent opinion.  I despair when I listen to some NUFC fans on there.  So I rarely listen any more.  There are fans down here that actually think Pardew did a good job and Ashley has spent decent money FFS :anguish:

I did hear the "lost 30 something times."  Then you got interrupted by that Saggers prick and Collymore having a shouting match.  I thought the stat would be the 3 goals or more one.  Which was another thing that made me think it was someone from here. 

I still think he's the right man for the job but I'm increasingly worried we don't have anywhere near either the quality or the mentality spread evenly enough through the team to stay in the league. Before the Bournemouth game we'd massively improved in our attacking play, God knows what has happened in the past two games mind.

I personally think we've got two many players in key positions that have had a losing mentality for too long, we lack any form

of leadership and we rely on players like Sissoko who blatantly don't what to put the effort on the pitch when it's needed.

As this is a McClaren topic, and I'll probably get pelters for saying this, but given the stature of the club now I think he's the best we can hope for until we can stop being a relegation battling club season after season. He needs heavily backing in January.

There's been some really good points in here of late.  But the two that stand in my mind.  Are about us having a team full of number 10's, with no decent defensive mids and shite at the back.  Plus the point about McClaren pointing out that we played badly, but not having any clue how to change it.  It's refreshing that he is being honest.  But I'd rather he was a bit of a bullshitter, yet had us playing good football. 

I have no confidence that we'll strengthen properly in the right areas in Jan, or that McClaren will find a system that consistently works, or at least makes us hard to beat in the short term. 

Based on the last year/18 months.  We deserve to go down.  We're a shambles of a club.

Oh and St1pe.  I don't agree on that last point.  It's a big if, but if Ashley paid the going rate.  We could have a far better manager than McClaren.  The only reason we settle for jokers like him, Carver and Pardew.  Is because they're desperate to come here and they won't get a job at a better/bigger club. 

His comments about Coloccini, Perez and the willingness to get rid of Abeid all suggest he didn't have a fucking clue about the squad when he arrived and arguably still doesn't. Probably phoned Carver and asked him for his take on all of the players a week before he was sacked.

Our spine is weak is as piss:

Goalkeeper (now Krul is injured he's either fat or unproven)

Centre back (a young lad with no PL experience next to a bloke who has so many flaws I can't be arsed to list, absolutely no viable reserve)

Defensive midfield (nope)

Attacking midfield (a ridiculous variety of choice - all of whom seem to have major flaws / character defects)

Striker (unproven or on the decline/fucked off with being here after months having being tried to be peddled)

You're going nowhere fast without a strong spine and given that we're coupling it with dogshit performances on the flanks with 3 players playing out of positon and not playing with a left hand side effectively, we're going there at twice the speed.

Flicked over to Talksport for 5 minutes on the drive home last night.  A Geordie by the name of David, made some very good points about McClaren.  How we should have got someone in the same mould as Klopp or a figurehead like Vieira.  Also mentioned how the rot had set in long before he arrived.  Due to Ashley, Pardew and Carver.  Made some other points in between Collymore shouting the odds.

David Minhosa TBH. 

Notice they didn't pick up on my beaten by 3 goals or more under pardew stat and pretty much cut me off after it.

Ha.  Brilliant.  I thought it would be someone off here.  It wasn't the usual type to call in (I mean that as a compliment) and you actually managed to get some well researched points in.  Most on these shows, usually end up in an argument with the presenter and the callers very rarely have a decent opinion.  I despair when I listen to some NUFC fans on there.  So I rarely listen any more.  There are fans down here that actually think Pardew did a good job and Ashley has spent decent money FFS :anguish:

I did hear the "lost 30 something times."  Then you got interrupted by that Saggers prick and Collymore having a shouting match.  I thought the stat would be the 3 goals or more one.  Which was another thing that made me think it was someone from here. 

cheers O0

to be honest, i just regurgitated minhosas post, its spot on so i thought it was a good chance to get it said on the radio.

ive just listened again, theyve edited the pardew defeats point, unbelievable.

cant be speaking badly about alan on radio now, can we?

David Minhosa TBH. 

cheers O0

to be honest, i just regurgitated minhosas post, its spot on so i thought it was a good chance to get it said on the radio.

Hang on, how have they edited it?

David Minhosa TBH. 

cheers O0

Hang on, how have they edited it?

theyve cut part of it, the part where i say 'alan pardew', they did it when i made a point abut kinnear in the past.

David Minhosa TBH. 

cheers O0

I thought they were quite receptive to what you said.  Collymore was actually quite balanced and spoke some sense at times.  Oh and I've heard Durham before mention Pardew's bad points.  So it's not everyone in the media that w*** themselves into a frenzy over The King. 

The team is so garbage in key areas, and it's annoying that McClaren hasn't been smart enough to try something different.

The midfield is an absolute disgrace, as is central defence with Colo in there. It's just stupid.

By now though, there is no reason stupid Moussa hasn't been moved centrally, and De Jong introduced in some capacity.

Our spine is weak is as piss:

Goalkeeper (now Krul is injured he's either fat or unproven)

Centre back (a young lad with no PL experience next to a bloke who has so many flaws I can't be arsed to list, absolutely no viable reserve)

Defensive midfield (nope)

Attacking midfield (a ridiculous variety of choice - all of whom seem to have major flaws / character defects)

Striker (unproven or on the decline/fucked off with being here after months having being tried to be peddled)

You're going nowhere fast without a strong spine and given that we're coupling it with dogshit performances on the flanks with 3 players playing out of positon and not playing with a left hand side effectively, we're going there at twice the speed.

It's even more scandalous when it's laid out bare like that. Money spent has been for all the wrong reasons leaving us with squad of mutants trying to fulfil roles they were never suited for.

I was listening to Talksport as well yesterday but I only got to hear the first call. I don't know if that was lovejoy but whoever it was, was one of the best callers from Newcastle I've heard in a long time. Absolutely nailed it.

Should try the Keegan tactic with:

De Jong as Owen

Mirtovic as Viduka

Perez as Martins.

Sissoko as Geremi

Tiote as Butt

Winjaldum as Barton

Janmaat as Beye

Mbemba as Faye

Lascelles/Taylor as Taylor

Mbabu as Enrique

Elliot as Harper

De Jong as Owen

Mirtovic as Viduka

Perez as Martins.

Sissoko as Geremi

Tiote as Butt

Winjaldum as Barton

Janmaat as Beye

Mbemba as Faye

Mbabu as Enrique

Elliot as Harper

Been saying this for a while but tbh I'd have Perez and Mitro spearheading the attack with Aarons playing just behind and a little further out wide. De Jong is fucking pony.

De Jong as Owen

Mirtovic as Viduka

Perez as Martins.

Sissoko as Geremi

Tiote as Butt

Winjaldum as Barton

Janmaat as Beye

Mbemba as Faye

Mbabu as Enrique

Elliot as Harper

God, I wish!

De Jong as Owen

Mirtovic as Viduka

Perez as Martins.

Sissoko as Geremi

Tiote as Butt

Winjaldum as Barton

Janmaat as Beye

Mbemba as Faye

Mbabu as Enrique

Elliot as Harper

God, I wish!

TBH, I'd reserve my wishes for a much better squad than that one.

What has really hit home for me this season is that, despite the change of manager, and despite the money spent, a lot of the players aren't good enough. Standards in the Premiership are rising fast and players that were good enough three years ago look vulnerable now. As people have said, that's particularly clear in relation to the spine of the team - Colo, Anita, Tiote, Cisse are now struggling, Mbemba is getting used to a different and more demanding league. There's an imbalance in the midfield where we don't have enough technical ability overall.

Now that McClaren has had the chance to look at the players and realise where the gaps are, we've got to take a deep breath and hope he can do enough in the January window to strengthen the team so we stay up. It'd be daft to get rid of him now.

Pardew was actually making the best of a bad job, and we need to be realistic about the current squad.

They just don't play like a team, look an uncoordinated mess most of the time. The tempo and movement is non-existant. Midfield is the issue and no quick fix as both Gini and Sissoko look shit in there. We need to close teams down a lot more and actually try pressing

What has really hit home for me this season is that, despite the change of manager, and despite the money spent, a lot of the players aren't good enough. Standards in the Premiership are rising fast and players that were good enough three years ago look vulnerable now. As people have said, that's particularly clear in relation to the spine of the team - Colo, Anita, Tiote, Cisse are now struggling, Mbemba is getting used to a different and more demanding league. There's an imbalance in the midfield where we don't have enough technical ability overall.

Now that McClaren has had the chance to look at the players and realise where the gaps are, we've got to take a deep breath and hope he can do enough in the January window to strengthen the team so we stay up. It'd be daft to get rid of him now.

Pardew was actually making the best of a bad job, and we need to be realistic about the current squad.

:lol:

:lol:

Any given opportunity :lol: