Steve McClaren

Dave

villa were apparently worse than ever yesterday as well, so garde isnt getting any honeymoon period there.

will be interested to see how he gets on there.

Gone into an absolutely terrible situation at Villa and if he keeps them up it's better than anything he did at Lyon. I actually think their squad is worse than ours.

Everybody praising Liverpools performance yesterday winning with pure Klopp style football.  Can anyone tell me what pure  McLaren football looks like

Klopp immediately increased the fitness training when he arrived at Liverpool so they could press teams and play at a higher tempo.I don't know what McClaren and his team have done but from the performances I would guess they all attend tactical mastery classes while listening to music on their phones.

Everybody praising Liverpools performance yesterday winning with pure Klopp style football.  Can anyone tell me what pure  McLaren football looks like

Tippy tappy s*** and defensive football.

I don't think we're particularly defensive, we're just not very good at making things happen.

Tippy tappy s*** and defensive football.

I don't think we're particularly defensive, we're just not very good at making things happen.

Defensive would imply we were good at defending. We're just inept.

talks about stuff the players do- things at the club like hes an outsider - hes the bloke being paid to do something about them not just talk about them and laugh them off FFS!

That's the thing that annoys me about him. We'll try harder next time bollocks, and how football is a cruel mistress etc.

The mistress is obviously telling him to go back to his wife because he can't get it up.  Time for another change and now.

He's not getting sacked like, he's just not. Pardew style everyone is blaming the poor quality of the squad and roundly ignoring the fact he's getting sweet fuck all out of the players he does have, which happens to be his job.

He'll be given money and unless the players that come in are very good and hit the ground running we'll be down.

The whole club needs gutting and restructuring. We desperately need someone who knows football and the job in Charnley's position, but the fact that clubs like Leicester, Watford, Swansea and Southampton are showing infinitely more ambition than us shows you where Ashley stands.

The whole club needs gutting and restructuring. We desperately need someone who knows football and the job in Charnley's position, but the fact that clubs like Leicester, Watford, Swansea and Southampton are showing infinitely more ambition than us shows you where Ashley stands.

The combination of his unwillingness to be involved with the club day to day and his unwillingness to pay the going rate for people who have track records in developing players and systems, of actually winning things at football etc. is something that will forever haunt me I think.

Ashley needs to fuck off or put someone else in Charney's place that actually knows something about football. Getting rid of McClaren won't make a difference right now. However I agree, if he doesn't get what he wants in January, he'll walk.

Very little chance of him being sacked, almost zero of an improvement as a replacement.

Not sure it will make much difference at this stage anyway, with the mackems and Villa not exactly getting much of a new manager bounce I think there's 3 doomed clubs down there right now.

Carr is not the problem imo.

Hire a manager and give him control over signings...Carr can still do his job - any reason Carr would´t accept this model?

Couldn't disagree more the anmount of money he has wasted on players clearly either not good enough or not suitable for the premiership is crazy.

I can't work out how we got a performance like yesterday's. The squad has been in OK-ish form over the last few weeks (7 points out of 12 is what I expect from our lot, they're just not very good) and put in generally decent performances and then you get that sort of rubbish. We've actually been looking like a team for 6/7 weeks or so (bar Bournemouth and second half against City) but they slunk back to their disillusioned/not arsed mode so quickly. The sort of unity and determination we saw that began to turn the tide a bit just disappeared; lots of moaning, focusing on the wrong things and just not doing the very basic stuff.

It's almost as if they thought they'd done enough to get themselves out of trouble and they could start to coast. Too many tossers.

Guest Howaythetoon

Carr is not the problem imo.

Hire a manager and give him control over signings...Carr can still do his job - any reason Carr would´t accept this model?

He is the man responsible for finding good players for his master and the vast majority simply haven't worked. He has been a massive failure in that sense and a prominent part of our own failure on the pitch. That said, a lot of players have been under coached and allowed to rot, that and a good number have been the wrong fit for the type of manager and tactics used.

He has to go along with everyone else responsible for the recruitment of players, regardless. Ben Arfa vs Cabbella and Thauvin. One cost under 6m and was given away for nowt despite generally performing in his overall time here. Although the manager at the time, Pardew, is to blame for the Ben Arfa situation. His replacements, however, recommended by Carr cost over 20m combined together apparently and neither are fit to lace the former's boots. Poor scouting whatever the weather.

Ashley, Carr, Charnley, Moncur, McClaren and his staff and even Beardsley, they all have to go. Not one of them are capable of doing a good job never mind an excellent one.