Steve McClaren

Dave

How do training ground bust ups make people happy? It doesn't show any care just shows how disjointed everything is/was and how fickle they all are. Get it right for fucking sake, tired of hearing about these - just win.

Training ground rows and slanging matches is normally the beginning of the end. Month or 2 of inconsistent results and performances as the players will respond now and again but the end game has already started. Don't think McClaren's good enough to manage his way out of this mess tbh.

You shouldn't need training ground bust ups as players should be told they arent performing well enough by being dropped or in an one to one meeting. Obviously this club hasn't believed in managing the players correctly for a while now.

It's make or break for McClaren this next game I reckon. If he's gone nuclear and the players still don't respond where else has he got to go? I very much doubt Colo will go in January for example.

The amount the papers are trotting out the line that his job is not in danger tells it's own story. Either we buy very, very well in January or we are down.

If you had to bet your house on it, which of these two alternatives would you put it on..?

Almost certainly the latter...when was the last time we 'bought well'...?? Cabaye ?

The amount the papers are trotting out the line that his job is not in danger tells it's own story. Either we buy very, very well in January or we are down.

If you had to bet your house on it, which of these two alternatives would you put it on..?

Almost certainly the latter...when was the last time we 'bought well'...?? Cabaye ?

the league is absolute fucking gash tbf, i think if we bought one commanding CB, at least one athletic, dominant CM who is capable of passing the ball well (preferably two) and then a winger who can cross the ball consistently then we might be able to do enough to stay up with just that really

ideally you'd want more such as another striker but we're not likely to get it unless the deal is good

i think they'll sign 3-4 and try to use the loan market for some good old-fashioned britishness like andros townsend

He has to mix it up a bit now, how can he expect to motivate players by just trotting out the same team every week and taking a bumming? Something has to change.

Agreed. It's all well and good having rows with your players but if you don't have the balls to drop them then the words start to ring hollow. If Colo's not doing the business then get Lascelles or Dummett in there and show you mean business.

For a while I could understand (and I thought too) that it was just a matter of time before McClaren had us keeping the ball better and everything would click into place. But I think it's pretty clear now that a few heads have dropped and that's not going to happen. Sometimes you just need to make a couple of changes, even if the alternative players are worse on paper.

Garde has dropped Grealish from the Villa team and banished him to train with the U-21 team as punishment for breaking club rules and going to a nightclub after their defeat last weekend. He's also refused to accept Steve Round as part of his backroom staff and changed the diet of the first team squad, the majority of whom he says are happy to accept the changes.

It's not necessarily going to keep them up, but he's hardly been a week in the job and he's showing signs of leadership and stating out loud that the team needs firm direction. With so many of our squad going through the motions, I'd say that we could do with a similar approach.

He has to mix it up a bit now, how can he expect to motivate players by just trotting out the same team every week and taking a bumming? Something has to change.

Agreed. It's all well and good having rows with your players but if you don't have the balls to drop them then the words start to ring hollow. If Colo's not doing the business then get Lascelles or Dummett in there and show you mean business.

For a while I could understand (and I thought too) that it was just a matter of time before McClaren had us keeping the ball better and everything would click into place. But I think it's pretty clear now that a few heads have dropped and that's not going to happen. Sometimes you just need to make a couple of changes, even if the alternative players are worse on paper.

Garde has dropped Grealish from the Villa team and banished him to train with the U-21 team as punishment for breaking club rules and going to a nightclub after their defeat last weekend. He's also refused to accept Steve Round as part of his backroom staff and changed the diet of the first team squad, the majority of whom he says are happy to accept the changes.

It's not necessarily going to keep them up, but he's hardly been a week in the job and he's showing signs of leadership and stating out loud that the team needs firm direction. With so many of our squad going through the motions, I'd say that we could do with a similar approach.

Didn't McClaren ban swearing and impose a strict lateness policy at the start of the season?

the league is absolute f***ing gash tbf, i think if we bought one commanding CB, at least one athletic, dominant CM who is capable of passing the ball well (preferably two) and then a winger who can cross the ball consistently then we might be able to do enough to stay up with just that really

So gash we need 3 players to maybe stay up - aye. That's a lot. We don't just need quality we need the right type of player. Any team is only 2 players away from the next level but those two players are usually hard to find.

the league is absolute f***ing gash tbf, i think if we bought one commanding CB, at least one athletic, dominant CM who is capable of passing the ball well (preferably two) and then a winger who can cross the ball consistently then we might be able to do enough to stay up with just that really

So gash we need 3 players to maybe stay up - aye. That's a lot. We don't just need quality we need the right type of player. Any team is only 2 players away from the next level but those two players are usually hard to find.

Yeah, we all know that

For all the doom and gloom this weekend could be a massive opportunity for McClaren. Assuming he has the bollocks to drop some of the players he's reportedly tore into and then goes on to beat our widely hated former manager it could definitely be viewed as a make or break moment.

For all the doom and gloom this weekend could be a massive opportunity for McClaren. Assuming he has the bollocks to drop some of the players he's reportedly tore into and then goes on to beat our widely hated former manager it could definitely be viewed as a make or break moment.

He'll only drop easy targets imo

I doubt he'll drop anyone for Palace. It'll have been said to be 'last chance saloon' for whoever he's had a go at and if they don't perform changes will be made. Personally, I hope he's not too kneejerk, as I do think we performed relatively well for that chunk of games and the last 2 performances shouldn't totally overshadow that.