Steve McClaren

Dave

we have a bottom six squad, not sure any manager would do much better. Too many  players are simple not good enough. For years our defence has been shocking, one you centre back from the Belgium league was never going to fix the defence. The centre of midfield would struggle in the conference  to create chances . Not saying he is the right man, but I think others need to go before him.

He's going to have to drop some big players to get the team motivated again. The likes of Colo, Janmaat, Sissoko. He needs to somehow inject the spirit of competition that's been leached out of the club.

Not easy, and won't go down well because the replacements are shit, but I can't see any other way to shake things up and get some life into the team again.

The moment he took Mitro off and put Cisse on and persisted with playing a fucking shite 4-5-1 when you're losing 0-2 to Leicester at home was it for me like, he's undoubtedly no better than his predecessor. Out of his depth and god awful to watch.

I didn't think he'd be this bad.  For the most part, we have been absolutely dreadful.  Even though I have at times, been encouraged by the set up and how we've tried to pass the ball around. 

I'm now at the stage.  Where I'd happily have Brendan Rodgers or Moyes instead.  I don't like either of them.  Rodgers because he's insufferable and Moyes because I think he's a bang average manager, who doesn't play particularly exciting football. 

"It was the worst performance we've had this season, very disappointing and off the back of what has been a very good run.

I know all managers talk s***.  But I'm not having that.

Our 5 games before Leicester.  We lost 6-1 to City.  Beat Norwich 6-2.  Lost 3-0 to sunderland.  Drew 0-0 with Stoke at home.  Then somehow beat Bournemouth, despite being played off the park. 

A very good run indeed. 

Seedorf mentioned by Calcio Mercato as a replacement after talks between us and him. No doubt shite but would be exciting.

We'll end up with Coloccini as player-manager, no point in getting your hopes up for someone competent.

Think he's been linked with QPR and Galatasaray recently. Would command instant respect but I'm sure he's not so desperate to work for this regime.

I bet Shearer's told him how good the current regime are to work for too.

We need to try as hard as we can to find someone who will set the team up exactly like Diego Simeone does with Atleti. That attitude, energy and passion is what is missing. Need to hold these wankers like Sissoko accountable.

I think what is starting to piss me off about McClaren is that he seems unable to put his finger on where the problems are. After every non-performance it's the usual "we didn't play very well". Yeah thanks for that remarkable insight Steve. You listen to Klopp and Pochettino and they tell you exactly what they expect and how to get it. I could get it if McClaren was just protecting his players, but I don't think that's it. I just think he's genuinely flummoxed and doesn't know how to put it right.

Most likely scenario is McClaren moving upstairs as Director of Football and Ian Cathro stepping in to take his first managerial role.

In their eyes it will minimise PR damage and avoid them having to pay compensation. They'd probably trot out some shit about this always being the plan as they saw huge potential in Cathro but wanted him to learn the ropes from an experienced manager first.

I wouldn't get excited about Seedorf or anyone else coming in. It's not the Ashley/Charnley way

I think what is starting to piss me off about McClaren is that he seems unable to put his finger on where the problems are. After every non-performance it's the usual "we didn't play very well". Yeah thanks for that remarkable insight Steve. You listen to Klopp and Pochettino and they tell you exactly what they expect and how to get it. I could get it if McClaren was just protecting his players, but I don't think that's it. I just think he's genuinely flummoxed and doesn't know how to put it right.

70 million worth of investment would've helped/ I know this was a defense of Pardew (who had the players) but he really is trying to make a silk purse out of a sows ear. Still, I believe that team is better than 4th bottom