Steve McClaren

Dave

What has really hit home for me this season is that, despite the change of manager, and despite the money spent, a lot of the players aren't good enough. Standards in the Premiership are rising fast and players that were good enough three years ago look vulnerable now. As people have said, that's particularly clear in relation to the spine of the team - Colo, Anita, Tiote, Cisse are now struggling, Mbemba is getting used to a different and more demanding league. There's an imbalance in the midfield where we don't have enough technical ability overall.

Now that McClaren has had the chance to look at the players and realise where the gaps are, we've got to take a deep breath and hope he can do enough in the January window to strengthen the team so we stay up. It'd be daft to get rid of him now.

Pardew was actually making the best of a bad job, and we need to be realistic about the current squad.

The best of a bad job by losing week in week out.

Our spine is weak is as piss:

Goalkeeper (now Krul is injured he's either fat or unproven)

Centre back (a young lad with no PL experience next to a bloke who has so many flaws I can't be arsed to list, absolutely no viable reserve)

Defensive midfield (nope)

Attacking midfield (a ridiculous variety of choice - all of whom seem to have major flaws / character defects)

Striker (unproven or on the decline/fucked off with being here after months having being tried to be peddled)

You're going nowhere fast without a strong spine and given that we're coupling it with dogshit performances on the flanks with 3 players playing out of positon and not playing with a left hand side effectively, we're going there at twice the speed.

I take it on the decline is Cisse?  Don't think Perez is fucked off at all, he just had a bad game, can't be class all the time.  Also have every confidence in Mitrovic, unproven or not.

Our spine is weak is as piss:

Goalkeeper (now Krul is injured he's either fat or unproven)

Centre back (a young lad with no PL experience next to a bloke who has so many flaws I can't be arsed to list, absolutely no viable reserve)

Defensive midfield (nope)

Attacking midfield (a ridiculous variety of choice - all of whom seem to have major flaws / character defects)

Striker (unproven or on the decline/fucked off with being here after months having being tried to be peddled)

You're going nowhere fast without a strong spine and given that we're coupling it with dogshit performances on the flanks with 3 players playing out of positon and not playing with a left hand side effectively, we're going there at twice the speed.

I take it on the decline is Cisse?  Don't think Perez is fucked off at all, he just had a bad game, can't be class all the time.  Also have every confidence in Mitrovic, unproven or not.

Correct. Perez is mint.

They'll all be playing in the next game.

My thoughts exactly, we will see how much truth is in this at 2pm on Saturday.

It's a joke. He could earn himself some credit by dropping Colo and Sissoko and changing shit completely up but he's of the English generation that relies on the 'experienced' players sadly.

Handing Colo that contract was a fucking crime against humanity.

It's a joke. He could earn himself some credit by dropping Colo and Sissoko and changing s*** completely up but he's of the English generation that relies on the 'experienced' players sadly.

Handing Colo that contract was a f***ing crime against humanity.

Agreed, the colo contract is mcclarens biggest mistake, and will be his undoing (unless he drops him which he won't) imo.

Imagine if instead of signing Thauvin we'd offered  Klopp a three year deal on 4m per year. He probably wouldn't have come anyway but I don't uderstand why well pay  money for players but not the.manager.

Dat sell on value.

Imagine if instead of signing Thauvin we'd offered  Klopp a three year deal on 4m per year. He probably wouldn't have come anyway but I don't uderstand why well pay  money for players but not the.manager.

No guaranteed sell on value, he could work for 3 years and walk out for NOTHING! Then we'd be the mugs.

It's a joke. He could earn himself some credit by dropping Colo and Sissoko and changing s*** completely up but he's of the English generation that relies on the 'experienced' players sadly.

Agreed, the colo contract is mcclarens biggest mistake, and will be his undoing (unless he drops him which he won't) imo.

Drop him for who though? We're not exactly blessed with decent options.

Play dummet centre half. Colo is a massive massive problem atm, not only is he playing dreadfully, but he can't lead for shit. Both good enough reasons to drop him and get someone else to lead the team. He's the biggest problem imo.

I'd give Lascelles a chance against Pardew's simple game plan, or move Dummet in if Haidara is fit.

Not happening anyways like, I agree with lovejoy that McClaren's will ultimately be defined by this decision and whether he sticks with Colo.