Steve McClaren

Dave

I hope we don't go back in for him in the summer assuming we stay up. The spineless cunt obviously didn't have enough confidence in his own ability to keep us up and is hedging his bets. Pretty much confirms what I previously thought about his character (or lack of).

Him turning an Ashley run NUFC down confirms his LACK of character to you? :lol: He's just went up in my estimations tbh.

Yes it does, because I don't think Ashley has anything to do with his decision. He just didn't fancy the last 3 fixtures and the prospect of being the man who takes us down. Don't be surprised if he decides to come in the summer if we survive.

I hope we don't go back in for him in the summer assuming we stay up. The spineless c*** obviously didn't have enough confidence in his own ability to keep us up and is hedging his bets. Pretty much confirms what I previously thought about his character (or lack of).

Him turning an Ashley run NUFC down confirms his LACK of character to you? :lol: He's just went up in my estimations tbh.

:lol:

"We're 2 points from relegation zone after 8 losses in a row. Carver will become your assistant. You won't get to choose any players. We'll pay you a very small amount of money and you're not allowed to try that hard. Oh and all the players want to leave, are suspended or are horrifically injured. Derek Wright will be performing your medical."

I hope we don't go back in for him in the summer assuming we stay up. The spineless c*** obviously didn't have enough confidence in his own ability to keep us up and is hedging his bets. Pretty much confirms what I previously thought about his character (or lack of).

Yes it does, because I don't think Ashley has anything to do with his decision. He just didn't fancy the last 3 fixtures and the prospect of being the man who takes us down. Don't be surprised if he decides to come in the summer if we survive.

:lol: of course he doesn't fancy it

:lol: of course he doesn't fancy it

But he might reconsider if we stay up  O0

I'd consider a bolt gun to the shaft before choosing to bring my career prospects here - and it's my club. I don't buy this carvers done what any of us would. I wouldn't go for a job as an MD because it pays well; it would be a disaster.

He'd probably consider it either way. He doesn't have much to gain coming in now.

Other than backing his own ability to keep the club up. He's hedging his bets which to me means he doesn't believe in his own abilities that much, but he'll take it if we do stay up. Who's to say we'll go back in for him? Ashley might be a tight fisted cunt but he doesn't particularly like to be snubbed.

He hasn't been contacted. It's illegal without permission from his club...Nowhere have I seen a quote from him or his club that we've asked to speak to him. Secondly he'll never come here. He'd demand a fair amount of autonomy and transfer money guarantees. Not going to happen. Our manager if we ever get rid of Carver will be some unknown happy to get a crack at the PL.

He hasn't been contacted. It's illegal without permission from his club...Nowhere have I seen a quote from him or his club that we've asked to speak to him. Secondly he'll never come here. He'd demand a fair amount of autonomy and transfer money guarantees. Not going to happen. Our manager if we ever get rid of Carver will be some unknown happy to get a crack at the PL.

He recently admitted turning down an offer from us in January, and there was no quote from him, or confirmation from Derby that we'd been given permission to speak to him back then either.

Guest Gino14

If he has turned it down  I don't want him here.  If it's because he doesn't want to work for Ashley, then fair play, but if he takes it in the summer, it'll be because he was too cowardly to take the risk now, but never cared about working for Ashley or not.  I don't particularly want him anyway, he just had much more chance of saving us than Carver.

Most likely though he's never been contacted, there wasn't even much of a delay here.  The club always wanted to pray with Carver and hope Jesus saves them, it's all they've got left now.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd immediately question the integrity of any manager coming in. It's going to be that way until Ashley's gone.

If he has turned it down  I don't want him here.  If it's because he doesn't want to work for Ashley, then fair play, but if he takes it in the summer, it'll be because he was too cowardly to take the risk now, but never cared about working for Ashley or not.  I don't particularly want him anyway, he just had much more chance of saving us than Carver.

Most likely though he's never been contacted, there wasn't even much of a delay here.  The club always wanted to pray with Carver and hope Jesus saves them, it's all they've got left now.

Agree with this.

sensible move from Steeevvvvee ! I wouldn't take it either, Its a poison chalice.

You're afraid it would ruin your chances with other professional football clubs?

Nah, that it would totally ruin my life and the life of my family.