Steve McClaren

Dave

what bugs me most is that Mike Ashley could, at any time, save the whole thing & be a hero by just making some very simple albeit expensive decisions.  or have i got it hopelessly wrong/naive? 

what bugs me most is that Mike Ashley could, at any time, save the whole thing & be a hero by just making some very simple albeit expensive decisions.  or have i got it hopelessly wrong/naive? 

Not really, it wouldn't even be that much more expensive than now. Mainly he just needs a chairman who knows what he's doing, that would cost under £1m a year, if that.

Chris Sutton was desperately pleading for Harry Redknapp to get the job on 5Live last night.

As more and more clubs realise that these British dinosaurs aren't actually the best option (take a look at the top ten, only Mark Hughes has had more than one job in England before their current one and he's the only British manager amongst them), we'll see even more of their mates in the media trying to get them work.

Given the recent performances of Bilic, Flores, Koeman and Pochettino, any vaguely ambitious Premier League club would be mad to go searching through the pile of British losers in the bin instead of looking abroad. That's not to say there aren't promising British managers (Eddie Howe has worked miracles) but I'm hoping the tendency for real clubs to look for "Premier League experience" is over. The requirement is a myth.

We are s***. Hope we get relegated. Genuinely hate our club now.

Aye, go down and everything will be great. Not.

It's absolutely gash when we're in the premier league :lol: we're a fucking embarrassing mess and have been for years and years. Get rid of us and football would be better off.

Stuart Pearce on Talk Sport thinks we should stick with McClaren. If not bring in Rednapp as a quick fix  :idiot2:

Did he give an actual reason for sticking with McClaren or was it just the usual old boys network in action?

The media were quick to get Moyes forced out of Man U but are happy for us to do nothing.

"i don't like to see managers get sacked" was his argument :lol: . Not surprising given he was binned off for being garbage at his last job.

Ironically, we are probably his best chance of becoming a manager again.

Pete Graves ‏@PeteGravesSky 3m3 minutes ago

#nufc keen not to repeat #Pardew exit. When #McClaren goes, be sure they'll have replacement secured #skysources #SSNHQ

If only they had 5 months to get a manager in last year :lol:

Chris Sutton was desperately pleading for Harry Redknapp to get the job on 5Live last night.

As more and more clubs realise that these English dinosaurs aren't actually the best option (take a look at the top ten, only Mark Hughes has had more than one job in England before their current one and he's the only English manager amongst them), we'll see even more of their mates in the media trying to get them work.

Given the recent performances of Bilic, Flores, Koeman and Pochettino, any vaguely ambitious Premier League club would be mad to go searching through the pile of British losers in the bin instead of looking abroad. That's not to say there aren't promising British managers (Eddie Howe has worked miracles) but I'm hoping the tendency for real clubs to look for "Premier League experience" is over. The requirement is a myth.

British managers imo are about a decade/two decades behind the cutting edge thinking with reg to training, preparation and tactics. The high intensity hustle and bustle of the PL hasn't helped matters. Think it's fair to note that Mark Hughes has played abroad and has at least had some kind of insight into wider philosophies.

What about McClaren btw. He must clearly know the club doesn't want him and is possibly talking to other managers, yet he just rocks up at training to coach a bunch of players who also quite clearly don't want him, to prepare us for a game where he will be booed by fans who also don't want him.

And I thought Pardew had thick skin.

What about McClaren btw. He must clearly know the club doesn't want him and is possibly talking to other managers, yet he just rocks up at training to coach a bunch of players who also quite clearly don't want him, to prepare us for a game where he will be booed by fans who also don't want him.

Last pay off.

All about the £££.

Managers dont walk away these days when theres a pay off to be had.

He's just grateful to be here, obviously. Just like Pardew. As they were picked up from the Championship/League 1.

Last pay off.

Yeah it must be, but imagine how awkward it will be if we don't manage to get someone else and he stays at a club were literally nobody wants him.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-start-sourcing-steve-11006651

Sources close to Rafa Benitez have suggested some form of sounding out of the former Liverpool boss...

Just make it happen ffs.

What the fuck is "suggested some form of sounding out"? Sending out smoke circles to see if he could spot them from his garden?

All about the £££.

Managers dont walk away these days when theres a pay off to be had.

Does anyone ??? I wouldn't