Steve McClaren

Dave

What about McClaren btw. He must clearly know the club doesn't want him and is possibly talking to other managers, yet he just rocks up at training to coach a bunch of players who also quite clearly don't want him, to prepare us for a game where he will be booed by fans who also don't want him.

And I thought Pardew had thick skin.

I hope he's got that Schoenmaker bloke absolutely beasting the fuckers.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-start-sourcing-steve-11006651

Sources close to Rafa Benitez have suggested some form of sounding out of the former Liverpool boss...

Just make it happen ffs.

What the fuck is "suggested some form of sounding out"? Sending out smoke circles to see if he could spot them from his garden?

'Rafa can you come and sort this mess out for a pittance please?'

'No?'

'Ok, thanks. At least we tried.'

Not a fucking hope of Benitez coming here in a million years.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-start-sourcing-steve-11006651

Sources close to Rafa Benitez have suggested some form of sounding out of the former Liverpool boss...

Just make it happen ffs.

What the fuck is "suggested some form of sounding out"? Sending out smoke circles to see if he could spot them from his garden?

"I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- Lee Charnley"

What about McClaren btw. He must clearly know the club doesn't want him and is possibly talking to other managers, yet he just rocks up at training to coach a bunch of players who also quite clearly don't want him, to prepare us for a game where he will be booed by fans who also don't want him.

Last pay off.

Yeah it must be, but imagine how awkward it will be if we don't manage to get someone else and he stays at a club were literally nobody wants him.

I think he will be replaced. It's so untenable that even the guppies that run the club can't go any other way. Delusion is one thing but psychosis requires intelligence. :lol:  :D

All about the £££.

Managers dont walk away these days when theres a pay off to be had.

Does anyone ??? I wouldn't

I wouldn't either in fairness, which is why the media should constantly ask managers in this position if they are simply hanging on for the money. Shame the f*ckers.

All about the £££.

Managers dont walk away these days when theres a pay off to be had.

Does anyone ??? I wouldn't

Nor would i if i was him. After the way he's performed here and his past couple of jobs, I don't think clubs will be queing up for him.

Don't see what else McClaren can do mind, assuming he wants to keep the job.

Exactly... the club probably haven't even spoken to him yet.

He'll probably just get a text off Lee, or Bob later on, telling him to clear his desk..... hopefully.

Just make it happen ffs.

What the f*** is "suggested some form of sounding out"? Sending out smoke circles to see if he could spot them from his garden?

"I'd like to add you to my professional network on LinkedIn.

- Lee Charnley"

Oh great. It's just like NUFC to be using the most pathetic cheap and tatty app ever created.

Hope is an awful thing at times.

I WANT to believe Rafa is being lined up, but if he was, why didn't we act after the Chelsea humiliation?

It's not planned, unsurprisingly. I'm sure if we drew with Stoke and beat Bournemouth, McClaren would have at least seen the season out. It's just blind panic.

Pete Graves:

Newcastle United Latest: Steve McClaren remains the Head Coach of Newcastle United and is taking training today as normal. Despite that his future is far from certain. It's my understanding that following yesterday's emergency board meeting between Lee Charnley, Graham Carr and Bob Moncur the club are now considering a short list of potential replacements. I also understand there is a long list of people who have shown an interest in the position should it become vacant, but Newcastle United are only considering 2/3 candidates seriously. I also understand there is ONE standout candidate.

I believe that if Newcastle United receive enough encouragement that an adequate replacement is available then they will look to relieve Steve McClaren of his duties. However, until this replacement is secured, McClaren will continue to look after the first team, as the club look to avoid a repeat of last season when Alan Pardew was allowed to depart the club without a replacement being available.

I expect the next 48 hours to be critical for the future of both Steve McClaren and Newcastle United. There is still a possibility that McClaren will be in charge for Monday's trip to Leicester City, but I expect there to be a new Head Coach in the frame by then.

Pete Graves:

Newcastle United Latest: Steve McClaren remains the Head Coach of Newcastle United and is taking training today as normal. Despite that his future is far from certain. It's my understanding that following yesterday's emergency board meeting between Lee Charnley, Graham Carr and Bob Moncur the club are now considering a short list of potential replacements. I also understand there is a long list of people who have shown an interest in the position should it become vacant, but Newcastle United are only considering 2/3 candidates seriously. I also understand there is ONE standout candidate.

I believe that if Newcastle United receive enough encouragement that an adequate replacement is available then they will look to relieve Steve McClaren of his duties. However, until this replacement is secured, McClaren will continue to look after the first team, as the club look to avoid a repeat of last season when Alan Pardew was allowed to depart the club without a replacement being available.

I expect the next 48 hours to be critical for the future of both Steve McClaren and Newcastle United. There is still a possibility that McClaren will be in charge for Monday's trip to Leicester City, but I expect there to be a new Head Coach in the frame by then.

How ironic the decision is with them when they should all be going to.

I'm repeating myself here, but, imagine supporting a club which is 19th in the premier league and has the opportunity to appoint Benitez and doesn't change it's pig headed philosophy to make it happen. That could well be us. We're all absolute fucking mugs.

Pete Graves:

How ironic the decision is with them when they should all be going to.

We may as well just forfeit Monday's match if McClaren is still in charge, it literally would be a new low for the club.

I'm repeating myself here, but, imagine supporting a club which is 19th in the premier league and has the opportunity to appoint Benitez and doesn't change it's pig headed philosophy to make it happen. That could well be us. We're all absolute fucking mugs.

We didn't choose it TBF :lol:

Without a replacement being available last year :lol: There were loads better than John Carver ffs

They need plenty of time to confirm what the head coach may and may not do:

You may: train and pick the team at the weekend

You may not: do anything else

One thing i dont get is why the squad got sunday and monday off. As far as I'm concerned, when you are in the shit you put extra effort in to make sure you get out of it. As far as I am concerned, sunday was a recovery day, and they should have been back sorting stuff out yesterday.

We didn't choose it TBF :lol:

But I'm wilfully giving this my fucking attention, they don't deserve it! :lol:

Pete Graves:

The last time there was a standout candidate it was effing mcclaren. What is standout to anyone with the slightest understanding of anything is entirely different to this bunch of incompetent yes men. They'll stick with the fool or get someone equally inept.

Or prove me entirely wrong and get an exceptional manager in, not some journeyman who will divide the fanbase again.

Guest chopey

One thing i dont get is why the squad got sunday and monday off. As far as I'm concerned, when you are in the s*** you put extra effort in to make sure you get out of it. As far as I am concerned, sunday was a recovery day, and they should have been back sorting stuff out yesterday.

Spurs play a game every two days and they still do double sessions