Steve McClaren

Dave

I'm repeating myself here, but, imagine supporting a club which is 19th in the premier league and has the opportunity to appoint Benitez and doesn't change it's pig headed philosophy to make it happen. That could well be us. We're all absolute fucking mugs.

We didn't choose it TBF :lol:

But I'm wilfully giving this my fucking attention, they don't deserve it! :lol:

I won't really be able to follow most matches if we go down, it'll be a blessing TBH.

Just about all the credible news sources are convinced McClaren is on his way out, and I'm not including local rags, so it's just a matter of who comes in now. There will be loads of candidates with a decent pedigree if we are prepared to look beyond Britain, but that is unlikely, so the only three realistic candidates I can see are: Rafa on a short term SOS basis with a big rescue payout, Moyes and Pearson. I'd take either of the first two, but my fear is we'll go for the cheap option in Pearson, if only because he'll not expect any say in the buying and selling of players.

I reckon thumbheed will be gone at the end of the season, along with carr. So what if he is stringing this out due to that? He either cant be arsed or its out of maliciousness. He is clearly WAYYYYYY out of his depth but if he googles his name he would likely cry.

He could quite conceivably think "f*ck em. They don't like me? Well in which case I'll have mcclaren stay, or have someone inappropriate brought in, or even see if I can get back pardew. That'll teach 'em!"

One thing i dont get is why the squad got sunday and monday off. As far as I'm concerned, when you are in the s*** you put extra effort in to make sure you get out of it. As far as I am concerned, sunday was a recovery day, and they should have been back sorting stuff out yesterday.

Spurs play a game every two days and they still do double sessions

And look at the improvements it's brought to their season!!

If it's another 48 hours, I'm done F5ing. It was understandable they didn't do it on Sunday, then they were off yesterday, but not again today? Just release a fucking statement man! Is he sacked or backed?

The standout candidate is obviously Rafa and he would immediately command the player's respect.  However, I can't imagine for one minute that they would even try or that he would be interested with where we are at the moment.  The board would have to concede a lot of power to him - are they prepared to admit that the model is not working or do they intend to stick to it regardless?

I don't see candidates such as Moyes or Rodgers having enough of an immediate impact to keep us up and I think Moyes is perceived as a failure so again, would our foreign players have much respect for him.

It would not make sense to go for a foreign manager with no experience of the Premier League at this stage because there is no time to adapt.

Redknapp has taken clubs down before so he is no guarantee either of safety either.

The only one I would have some sort of confidence in who would rally players and fans alike would be Rafa - but as I said, I don't think our lot would consider him.

The thing is all these managers want to work in the Premier League but there are very few jobs available so some of them will have to make some sort of concession if they want such a job.  Likewise NUFC but will we do that?

The standout candidate is obviously Rafa and he would immediately command the player's respect.  However, I can't imagine for one minute that they would even try or that he would be interested with where we are at the moment.  The board would have to concede a lot of power to him - are they prepared to admit that the model is not working or do they intend to stick to it regardless?

I don't see candidates such as Moyes or Rodgers having enough of an immediate impact to keep us up and I think Moyes is perceived as a failure so again, would our foreign players have much respect for him.

It would not make sense to go for a foreign manager with no experience of the Premier League at this stage because there is no time to adapt.

Redknapp has taken clubs down before so he is no guarantee either of safety either.

The only one I would have some sort of confidence in who would rally players and fans alike would be Rafa - but as I said, I don't think our lot would consider him.

The thing is all these managers want to work in the Premier League but there are very few jobs available so some of them will have to make some sort of concession if they want such a job.  Likewise NUFC but will we do that?

:lol:

edit: Never mind, I thought you were referring to the Pete Graves quote where he said they're speaking to 2/3 and there's one standout.  Cause y'know.. they won't be speaking to Rafa

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-zoHxDbhzOWM/VNFcS6p6lBI/AAAAAAAAAa0/U9IBnF_v38s/s1600/Snap10.jpg

http://hellinahandbasket.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/missing-index-finger.jpg

We are in line to lose £80m if we go down. It's not beyond the realms of possibility Ashley would panic and offer whatever it takes to get Rafa through the door even in a short term deal to the end of the season. The question is, would Rafa want to gamble his reputation even for a stupid figure?

I sometimes forget how much contempt the club has for its fan base until something like this happens. We're all just left in the lurch for days wondering what's happening, desperate for some sort of idea of what's going on and they couldn't give a shit.

I sometimes forget how much contempt the club has for its fan base until something like this happens. We're all just left in the lurch for days wondering what's happening, desperate for some sort of idea of what's going on and they couldn't give a shit.

In this case its hard for the club to do anything really.

If they would stick with him, i am sure they would have denied all the rumors in the news.

If they are looking for a replacement, they can not really go out saying they will sack Steeeve if they get the right person in.

Then they fail as usual getting their man and have to stick with a manager that knows he is not wanted.

What pisses me off is that they surely have been seeing where this is going, our lack of moral and shit form.

They should have started sounding out managers a month a go. Now if they are ready to let him go they should have called up their best candidate and told him he get the gig.

But no, we wait until its to late, then start treading the water.

I sometimes forget how much contempt the club has for its fan base until something like this happens. We're all just left in the lurch for days wondering what's happening, desperate for some sort of idea of what's going on and they couldn't give a s***.

In this case its hard for the club to do anything really.

If they would stick with him, i am sure they would have denied all the rumors in the news.

If they are looking for a replacement, they can not really go out saying they will sack Steeeve if they get the right person in.

Then they fail as usual getting their man and have to stick with a manager that knows he is not wanted.

I do see your point. The problem is everyone knows what's going on without actually being informed by it. It's another reason why this slow approach they have to everything is completely inept.

What pisses me off is that they surely have been seeing where this is going, our lack of moral and shit form.

They should have started sounding out managers a month a go. Now if they are ready to let him go they should have called up their best candidate and told him he get the gig.

But no, we wait until its to late, then start treading the water.

This is the real problem. At the end of the day everything comes down to the fact that Ashley has installed completely unsuitable people in positions of power at the club. It's insane to think Lee Charnley will be able to handle these decisions.

Having someone in charge that will concede absolutely everything to them is their modus operandi, though. If they change managers they have to go through the whole process of 'vetting' people again, which involves finding out who's got self respect and who hasn't. It's not like a club with ambition where you just offer the best candidate the job and shake hands.

Having someone in charge that will concede absolutely everything to them is their modus operandi, though. If they change managers they have to go through the whole process of 'vetting' people again, which involves finding out who's got self respect and who hasn't. It's not like a club with ambition where you just offer the best candidate the job and shake hands.

But it blatantly hasn't worked for the last few years, if we don't know how to appoint a proper footballing MD, then the next best thing would probably be to hire a highly rated manager and let him do the job. At some point even Ashley must surely realise this?