Steve McClaren

Dave

Yeah if keeping McClaren or £4m a year for Moyes are the only two options its the second one every time.  But I can understand why people would be surprised at Moyes asking for that much money.

The club have no leverage in terms of negotiations, unless it's with another dingbat journeyman. Which would really defeat the purpose.

I think heads will roll this summer at board level, Penfold is costimg Mike a fortune

Not in a position to have leverage. We have no leverage because we're 19th in the fucking league. If the club wants to pretend they do ... Well it certainly doesn't surprise me.

The club have no leverage in terms of negotiations, unless it's with another dingbat journeyman. Which would really defeat the purpose.

I think heads will roll this summer at board level, Penfold is costimg Mike a fortune

Charnley seems almost certain to get the push and it will be deserved.  McClaren is the only one who has shown any dignity this week and he'll probably be the first to go. The people who chased him for so long should also be sacked. I can't get my head around a train journey to a 'secret' board meeting when St James' will have dozens of rooms which could have been used which wouldn't have created publicity.  I want McClaren gone ASAP but as usual our club has even screwed a potential sacking up, amateurs.

Bunch of unqualified and unprofessional pricks at the boardroom level. A total lack of infrastructure from the football side has proved to be a brilliant master stroke by Ashley again. We have no long term or contingency plans for anything. Just a bunch of crap about "due diligence" and finding "right characters" and all that load of guff. It's all far simpler than that. Cheap, willing to come, somehow affiliated with some old boys club of hacks or that French agency.

Here's a fun scenario.

Benitez is confirmed. We win the last 10 games and finish mid table comfortably. The line ups are balanced, the football is better, the players look passionate, Mitrovic and Perez score for fun. Benitez expresses a strong interest in the permanent post at the end of the season.

We rehire McClaren.

Here's a fun scenario.

Benitez is confirmed. We win the last 10 games and finish mid table comfortably. The line ups are balanced, the football is better, the players look passionate, Mitrovic and Perez score for fun. Benitez expresses a strong interest in the permanent post at the end of the season.

We rehire McClaren.

http://replygif.net/i/1484.gif

Guest chopey

Bunch of unqualified and unprofessional pricks at the boardroom level. A total lack of infrastructure from the football side has proved to be a brilliant master stroke by Ashley again. We have no long term or contingency plans for anything. Just a bunch of crap about "due diligence" and finding "right characters" and all that load of guff. It's all far simpler than that. Cheap, willing to come, somehow affiliated with some old boys club of hacks or that French agency.

this

Or we get Benitez in until the end of the season, we pick up enough points to stay up, Fat Mike get loads of millions and is very happy, Penfold hires another sub-par "coach" because it's cheap and we are right where we want to be and nothing will ever change because we're still on the gravy train :drool:

I'm not a particular fan of Benitez as a figurehead, seems a bit whiny to me (that dossier was embarrassing) and although technically renowned his man management has always been suspect.

Hopefully his rep would boost the players and get them fighting for him.....they'd have to at least respect him compared to the previous jokers. But is 10 days enough to embed his own methods in to our weak-willed squad?

All that being said, if we stayed up and he was a summer appointment  :fwap: :pedro: