Steve McClaren

Dave

I wanted to like him becase unlike Pardew and Carver he doesn't seem a total prick. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked. The game has passed him by it seems. He's far too afraid to make big changes and has only tried 2 systems all season. Why the hell have we never played a 433? It's been our best source of points in recent years and he hasn't used it once.

Craig Hope: "I understand NUFC hierarchy are now preparing to speak to Steve McClaren for the first time since the weekend."

Can you tell us how you plan to turn this around Steve?

as everyone else has turned us down.

I was reading in the latest Chronicle that they haven't had any direct contact with Benitez but both parties are interested or something a long those lines.... What exactly have they been doing for 3-4 days? We still seem miles away from doing anything decisive.

Craig Hope: "I understand NUFC hierarchy are now preparing to speak to Steve McClaren for the first time since the weekend."

Ah, preparing.  In a classic Newcastle style, this means that they'll actually speak to McClaren at some point next month. 

Ah, preparing.  In a classic Newcastle style, this means that they'll actually speak to McClaren at some point next month. 

Without actually preparing.

I was reading in the latest Chronicle that they haven't had any direct contact with Benitez but both parties are interested or something a long those lines.... What exactly have they been doing for 3-4 days? We still seem miles away from doing anything decisive.

This.  It's a complete farce.  I mentioned that I had heard similar on Talksport, this morning.  Are we one of the only clubs that do this? "Preparing a bid."  "Planning talks."  "Sounding out."  Etc.

Everything takes forever.  Just get it done, FFS. 

does it not go like this?

charnley......" Steve ya shit, you'll get ya money but thanks, now fuck off"

SM....."OK"

Charnley....." Rafa do you want the job? tell me what you want, its yours"

Rafa....."aye, xyz"

job fucking done

Wasn't McClaren sacked by Derby because they wouldn't agree a compensation deal for him walking away?

Something tells me there is 0 chance of him resigning.

But who could blame him? If I knew I was going to be sacked, but also knew I could resign and get nothing or wait until I am sacked and get 3 years salary then I'd be sitting at my desk until my replacement shows up!

Thing is football management must be the only career where getting the sack never reflects badly on your record or cv

does it not go like this?

charnley......" Steve ya shit, you'll get ya money but thanks, now fuck off"

SM....."OK"

Charnley....." Rafa do you want the job? tell me what you want, its yours"

Rafa....."aye, xyz"

job fucking done

Something tells me he'd cock it up anyway by trying to haggle Rafa down to the terms Steve was on

I can see Charnley walking around in a circle in his office. "I can't just call Benitez, can I? What if he says no?! No, this is stupid, I don't even have his number. Shut up, STEVE, I'm trying to think! Better sleep on it"

What if his dad answers?

If I was betting on the timeline of events since Bournemouth, I imagine we've approached potential replacements, been told to fuck off and are gonna stick with McClaren.

I know we've seen us cling onto shite managers in the face of common sense, but the situation hasn't been this dire since we went down. They'll be bricking it. Rightfully, because we ARE going to get relegated.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder  4 hrs4 hours ago

Rafa Benitez interested in taking Newcastle United job but could walk away if club are relegated

:pilko:

Could walk away? We'd be lucky if he comes in the first place never mind going down with us.

If I was betting on the timeline of events since Bournemouth, I imagine we've approached potential replacements, been told to f*** off and are gonna stick with McClaren.

I know we've seen us cling onto s**** managers in the face of common sense, but the situation hasn't been this dire since we went down. They'll be bricking it. Rightfully, because we ARE going to get relegated.

Probably just delaying the bad news that he is staying and preparing their responses to inevitable questions from journalists. He will be in charge for Monday's game and we will get gang banged by 11 blokes in blue

It's like they don't realise that after Monday, we are playing our two relegation rivals back-to-back.

4-6 points from those two games and I think we'll have a great chance of staying up. Every hour is a wasted one for a potential replacement.

I wanted to like him becase unlike Pardew and Carver he doesn't seem a total prick. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked. The game has passed him by it seems. He's far too afraid to make big changes and has only tried 2 systems all season. Why the hell have we never played a 433? It's been our best source of points in recent years and he hasn't used it once.

Same here, for me his biggest failure is his own lack of faith in what he was doing when he first arrived. The players were gasping for a more possession based style but he chucked it away far too early because of poor results. Now he has no system at all.

It's like they don't realise that after Monday, we are playing our two relegation rivals back-to-back.

4-6 points from those two games and I think we'll have a great chance of staying up. Every hour is a wasted one for a potential replacement.

Yeah, it does seems like we've given up on the Leicester game and only care about getting someone in before Sunderland (if at all). Like you say though, they'll not have much time to prepare and if we lose that game we're playing  catch up.