Steve McClaren

Dave

Robson had in fact been a major influence in McClaren's decision to go to the Netherlands. According to McClaren, "The relationship I had with Bobby was very special. He was a good friend and was of big influence on my decision to join FC Twente. I'd like to think that he'll be watching from a cloud up above and wishes us the best as we play the last game in the league against NAC"

Robson had in fact been a major influence in McClaren's decision to go to the Netherlands. According to McClaren, "The relationship I had with Bobby was very special. He was a good friend and was of big influence on my decision to join FC Twente. I'd like to think that he'll be watching from a cloud up above and wishes us the best as we play the last game in the league against NAC"

Now we know where Carver plagiarised his quotes.

Derby have spent £3m + loans this season

Nrowich have pretty much broke even

Boro have spent about £7m + loans

AFCB have spent about £750k + loans

Watford have made about £500k +loans

(all net)

Not sure how much you can read in to it though as wages/income/existing squad etc all come in to play.

Think he's a twat. But better than anyone we've had since Bobby. Still though I'd want better, however with this lot an actual manager and not a chancer like carver would be greatly accepted right now.

It would be a bit underwhelming like but it would be an upgrade on the previous 2 fuckers. He's a good coach by all accounts so there's a chance that our talented players would develop a bit too.

Would be a solid 6/10 appointment. 

(all net)

Not sure how much you can read in to it though as wages/income/existing squad etc all come in to play.

That Watford figure is especially misleading considering the carousel of transfers between the pozzo clubs.

I'd be satisfied with McClaren. Not pleased or delighted, but I'd take him. He's an actual, current, recently relatively successful manager. That's immediately better than every previous manager we've appointed under Ashley.

Guest Incandenza

(all net)

http://i.imgur.com/KmIZkDY.png

This is 12/13, the season before Mclaren took over. I'd imagine Derby's wage bill has steadily risen in the last two years as their finances are in better shape, however it would still be quite some way off the top group as the likes of Burnley and Palace will have been replaced by well-funded former premiership teams. To have Derby in the playoffs two seasons runnings is impressive, without doubt.

Guest Incandenza

Lets get some perspective. He is a better manager than Pardew, Hughton, Kinnear, Allardyce, Roeder and Souness.

Guest Incandenza

He's better than we've been used to in the last few years but we could do so, so much better with a little ambition.

How many managers could we realistically get who are better than Mclaren? Out of the 'big' names we've been linked with,  Benitez is off to Man City and Tuchel is off to Red Bull FC. De Boer has won a few Dutch league titles, but Mclaren pulled the same feat in more difficult circmstances.

You say you want a more ambitious choice, but do you really? Or are you actually hoping we take a gamble on an exotic foriegn manager like Galtier and they turn out to be the new Mourinho. I'd argue they're not the same thing.

He's better than we've been used to in the last few years but we could do so, so much better with a little ambition.

How many managers could we realistically get who are better than Mclaren? Out of the 'big' names we've been linked with,  Benitez is off to Man City and Tuchel is off to Red Bull FC. De Boer has won a few Dutch league titles, but Mclaren pulled the same feat in more difficult circmstances.

You say you want a more ambitious choice, but do you really? Or are you actually hoping we take a gamble on an exotic foriegn manager like Galtier and they turn out to be the new Mourinho. I'd argue they're not the same thing.

Go away please.

Fair point. He is much improvement on what we use to have for a while. Hope they give him a chance to bring two or three championship players as well.