Steve McClaren

Dave

Just accidentally clicked on the first page when opening the thread on my phone and there was an article posted slating McClaren for going to check on David Beckham in LA. Problem was he was playing in a charity match against a load of celebrities which ended 12-4. The man is a fucking idiot.

Just accidentally clicked on the first page when opening the thread on my phone and there was an article posted slating McClaren for going to check on David Beckham in LA. Problem was he was playing in a charity match against a load of celebrities which ended 12-4. The man is a fucking idiot.

Had to go check that out, and I'm still pissing myself at "Richard McGough" five minutes later. :lol:

Well, clearly I've been mistaken somewhere which makes me look a right tit.

I'm not attempting to down play his failures but equally I think it is unfair to down play his successes. I thought the forest gig went wrong early doors because he was essentially lied to on the first day and didn't get on from there with the board? No excuses for Twente or Wolfsburg but at least he acknowledged his own failings which make him a bigger man than either of the last two clowns.

Good job there's no chance if that here then.

Just accidentally clicked on the first page when opening the thread on my phone and there was an article posted slating McClaren for going to check on David Beckham in LA. Problem was he was playing in a charity match against a load of celebrities which ended 12-4. The man is a f***ing idiot.

I did that on the Carver thread yesterday, everyone saying how happy they were that he was brought back to the club :lol:

At least give him the rope to hang himself 1st.

He is meh and I'm not excited by the appointment particularly but coming off the back of some shocking management over the last several years then we just need to consolidate and rebuild the squad....yeah, I know it's not sexy but the club is a mess and it's not going to take 1 managerial appointment to turn it round.

All this constant hysteria is gonna get us a rep.....oh wait.

At least he seems to take responsibility when his team fails. It'll be refreshing not hearing the manager/coach making excuses after a loss and a poor performance.

Still and underwhelming appointment though.

If he comes with his own team, we've got a chance I think, if he works with the dross in our dugout, the whole thing is a total waste of time.

What do you think we've got a chance of doing?  My expectations are that we are a nothing club and this is a nothing appointment which will bring us nothing but mediocrity.

At this stage it looks like being a shit appointment and not a sign that we're going to try and compete for anything other than not getting relegated.  Appointing McClaren means that nothing has changed and nothing is going to change and it's shit because of that.  We're not a club that will push to be the best that it possibly can be, we're a club that wants to be safe and nothing more.

Winning that league is a far bigger achievement. Simply because of the club he was at. Had it been Ajax or PSV it would have been far less impressive.

There's a lot of debate in this thread since its pretty clear cut. He's a decent manager, no more, no less.

What it says about the bigger picture at Newcastle is a different matter. Was anyone really surprised we didn't show more ambition?

Suppose that's for the Mike Ashley thread.

At least he seems to take responsibility when his team fails. It'll be refreshing not hearing the manager/coach making excuses after a loss and a poor performance.

Wishful thinking imo, considering he was meant to have hailed Derby's performances as fantastic no matter how good or bad they were and regardless of the result. I've said it before, but after four years I wouldn't be surprised if McClaren was hated as much as Pardew. Either that or he will have been let go for not being sufficiently abnoxious.

Wishful thinking imo, considering he was meant to have hailed Derby's performances as fantastic no matter how good or bad they were and regardless of the result. I've said it before, but after four years I wouldn't be surprised if McClaren was hated as much as Pardew. Either that or he will have been let go for not being sufficiently abnoxious.

Did the same at Boro.  Always said they were magnificent no matter how bad they were.

Did the same at Boro.  Always said they were magnificent no matter how bad they were.

I must be ill-informed then. Well, it looks like another season of blaming fans, the weather, the tealady, Mehdi Abeid etc.

Guest Roger Kint

Just seen some idiot elsewhere was sticking up for SMC citing that 'even Fergie was shite before he went to Man Utd so give him a chance'

I genuinely dont know how to take that level of moron. Without committing a crime anyway :anguish:

Guest Roger Kint

wut.

Exactly :lol: I was just sitting there thinking 2/3xSPL, 3/4xFAC, Euro Cup Winners Cup.......aye mate he was fucking terrible you thick twat

Just seen some idiot elsewhere was sticking up for SMC citing that 'even Fergie was shite before he went to Man Utd so give him a chance'

I genuinely dont know how to take that level of moron. Without committing a crime anyway :anguish:

EH???

Aberdeen were the best team in Scotland and had won a European Trophy by beating Real Madrid in the final, they had also broken the Old Firm monopoly.

Some people are clueless.

Guest Roger Kint

He has now been deleted from FB. Cant be doing with idiots like that, bad enough seeing mackems celebrating their European charge next season :lol:

Even if Fergie was s*** before he went to Man U, what does that have to do with Mcclaren?  :idiot2:

I am sick of giving shit managers a chance. Hes not here because he is any good, he's here because he will tow the line and be quite happy as another Ashley yes man.

Guest Roger Kint

Anyway, under four weeks til Pre Season. Absolutely no rush from the club to get fans onside by buying players. The ink on SMC's contract will still be drying by the dealine for ST renewals :lol:

Guest Roger Kint

Even if Fergie was shit before he went to Man U, what does that have to do with Mcclaren?  :idiot2:

I said his last 5 years were shite and last two jobs were ultimately failures. His response was 'would you have took Fergie pre Man Utd' and then that golden nugget :lol: