Steve McClaren

Dave

I don't see how you can look at getting to the UEFA cup final with Boro and say "meh."

There's no comparison between McClaren and Pardew really. They're only similar if, as Lenny mentioned, you arbitrarily distinguish all of his major achievements as irrelevant.

Unreal totally unreal - he's a total fucking Muppet man.

Just don't see how anyone can find the energy to be outraged about a managerial appointment when the soul of this club has long since been destroyed by Mike Ashley. We're not a competitive football club so there's no need for us to have a top class manager. That is all.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't wait to hate this bloke. 5/1 it's his squinty eyes that'll annoy me first.

It was extraordinary like. They were in a four goal deficit in two consecutive ties.

They showed tremendous spirit. But I remember at the time thinking they were lucky as hell. And well beaten in the final.

I'm basing McClaren largely off his time at Boro, England and since he's been linked with us. 2 horror jobs in there.

:lol: I am genuinely fascinated to see if I can come to hate this guy as I did Pardew. Don't think it's possible. He's actually a pretty nice guy, which I will appreciate after Pardew and Carver.

Besides I think he will do well,so it won't be necessary  O0

It's horrible supporting this club just utterly horrible.

I just want to sack the whole thing off and never watch us again but on the other hand I miss watching us and actually wanting us to win so much that I'm willing to give McClaren a chance and just try to enjoy the season with a bit of optimism.

I just find it impossible to root for the club as a whole when there are so many detestable characters running it.

Just constant :anguish:

The fact he's resigned from a job means he's a better man. He's marginally a better manager for me. If given the same brief of exit the cups asap, in league form I expect 8th. A slight improvement on what Pardew managed. Any better and I would be surprised.

Being a better man might mean he could convince the powers to let him chase a Cup which would make a massive difference tbf.

Now I haven't spent a penny towards Ashleys Nufc/SD since KK, and wont until Ashley sells up, the only difference will be if McClaren plays decent football I might actually look forward to a game, celebrate a goal etc instead of  wanting us to lose just to spite Ashley. All we can do is wait and see really. I couldn't give a fuck what he's won before its all about how he plays now.

Guest taps01

I think he's a better man and manager then Pardew, like.

Of course he is he is the best manager we have had since Robson (bar Keegan)...that's not saying much mind.

I can't wait to hate this bloke. 5/1 it's his squinty eyes that'll annoy me first.

It's his haircut, that's bothered me int he past. Just accept that you are balding and wear it with grace, you weirdo !!

The fact he's resigned from a job means he's a better man. He's marginally a better manager for me. If given the same brief of exit the cups asap, in league form I expect 8th. A slight improvement on what Pardew managed. Any better and I would be surprised.

Being a better man might mean he could convince the powers to let him chase a Cup which would make a massive difference tbf.

He's only finished top 10 once in his PL career, that season he finished 7th. I think expecting 8th is a little much, on average he's around the 12th spot I believe.

Guys, you can trust me, I'm a very good judge of character. We're set for a very good season. McClaren will do really well, as will the players.

Looks at Kaka's sig.....  :aww:

Yeah, so whoever put that there, the season's over so we can ditch that now please :lol:

It's his haircut, that's bothered me int he past. Just accept that you are balding and wear it with grace, you weirdo !!

I'm balding in the same pattern, though not nearly as far progressed. It's awkward because the patch at the front looks weird just sort being on an island (more of a peninsula in my case), but it feels like a waste to buzz off other perfectly decent hair just because of that part, especially since I've got good coverage up top for the time being. Hopefully when it gets as far a Schteve's I'll have the good sense to just get it close cropped. I'll have to find something else that annoys me when its time to ratchet up to full-on hatred.

I'm balding in the same pattern, though not nearly as far progressed. It's awkward because the patch at the front looks weird just sort being on an island (more of a peninsula in my case), but it feels like a waste to buzz off other perfectly decent hair just because of that part, especially since I've got good coverage up top for the time being. Hopefully when it gets as far a Schteve's I'll have the good sense to just get it close cropped. I'll have to find something else that annoys me when its time to ratchet up to full-on hatred.

You could go with the fact that he's probably still breathing, that works for a lot of people on hire with previous managers.

Guys, you can trust me, I'm a very good judge of character. We're set for a very good season. McClaren will do really well, as will the players.

Yeah, so whoever put that there, the season's over so we can ditch that now please :lol:

Nah it's a permanent thing to remind us of your wonderful advice  :aww:

http://25.media.tumblr.com/36cfbbf105dd85dff478c3c1af8df0bf/tumblr_n1iw01mlWC1tu3y05o2_500.gif

More classic Ryderisms.

However, it is believed the Geordie coach is naturally disappointed he was not offered the chance to continue as head coach.

Uses the word coach twice within the same sentence and of course points out where Carver is from.

There's more

Were Woodman to leave for the capital one possible replacement for him would be Geordie goalkeeping coach Eric Steele, who has worked with McClaren at Derby County.

Steele and Paul Simpson, another close associate of McClaren, could leave Derby after Paul Clement.’ arrival.

Just shocking how this bloke is in this job.

Was speaking to a contractor from York who knows McClaren. Had nothing but positive things to say about him as a person.

He at least needs a chance from us. It's all those other tosspots that'll hang him out to dry first with their incompetence.

Was speaking to a contractor from York who knows McClaren. Had nothing but positive things to say about him as a person.

He at least needs a chance from us. It's all those other tosspots that'll hang him out to dry first with their incompetence.

He does seem like a decent bloke. Need him to do his job though.