Steve McClaren

Dave

Was speaking to a contractor from York who knows McClaren. Had nothing but positive things to say about him as a person.

He at least needs a chance from us. It's all those other tosspots that'll hang him out to dry first with their incompetence.

He does seem like a decent bloke. Need him to do his job though.

Well we'll see. It's all on his shoulders if he gets any sort of backing from jabba.

Steele and Paul Simpson, another close associate of McClaren, could leave Derby after Paul Clement.’ arrival.

Just shocking how this bloke is in this job.

:lol: :lol:

More classic Ryderisms.

However, it is believed the Geordie coach is naturally disappointed he was not offered the chance to continue as head coach.

Uses the word coach twice within the same sentence and of course points out where Carver is from.

There's more

Were Woodman to leave for the capital one possible replacement for him would be Geordie goalkeeping coach Eric Steele, who has worked with McClaren at Derby County.

Steele and Paul Simpson, another close associate of McClaren, could leave Derby after Paul Clement.’ arrival.

Just shocking how this bloke is in this job.

This is absolute gold: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-players-want-stay-9391897

Rob Elliot

The player has already been linked with Fulham and won’t want to be number 3 goalie at United.

A move could be in the pipeline.

Paul Dummett

McClaren is a fan of no-nonsense defenders like Dummett and there is nothing to suggest he will be unhappy with what the Welsh international brings to the table.

Just full of bland, meaningless, empty statements.  :lol:

I can't help but think he'll bring the comedy, at least. If we get anything even close to Dutch Yoda McClaren, it will ease some of the disappointment.

"Championsh League, Liverpool or Arshenal, I thought one of them we would draw and it is Arshenal I think." Gold.

What's with this "worse than Pardew" shite? Are people being serious with that? Pard's was appointed after abject failure at Southampton then went on to be the biggest twat I've ever seen manage Newcastle and there have been a few.

If we were bringing on a random European manager with a league title to his name, a domestic trophy, a UEFA cup final and a term as manager of their national side everyone would be frothing at the gash. People would rather some guy who they've never seen over achieving with a team in some league they no nothing about. It's easier to hate a guy when you know more than one fourfourtwo article and a wiki page scan but that doesn't mean the dream appointments are free of failure.

It's a meh appointment and I can see how it's unpopular because it's exactly the kind of appointment we expected, indicative of the way the club is ran but they guy himself is not to blame for that. I'm guilty of all of the above but there needs to be some perspective some where between the "it's not Garde" doomsday and "it's not Carver" shrugging.

Pass the kool aid all that.

Who said he's worse than Pardew?

Exactly :lol:

The rest of that post is fair enough but it only focuses on how we would react if we had attracted a foreign coach who had achieved the good things McClaren has without the obvious bad patches in his record and coming of the back of a period of five years of (mostly) failing, which provides a false picture.

Well, clearly I've been mistaken somewhere which makes me look a right tit.

I'm not attempting to down play his failures but equally I think it is unfair to down play his successes. I thought the forest gig went wrong early doors because he was essentially lied to on the first day and didn't get on from there with the board? No excuses for Twente or Wolfsburg but at least he acknowledged his own failings which make him a bigger man than either of the last two clowns.

Who said he's worse than Pardew?

No one per se, but there seems to be a dominant view on here that McClaren will bring more of the same, essentially suggesting that while McClaren isn't necessarily worse than Pardew, he isn't any better. Which - at this point in time - is a bit unfair I think.

I am not angry myself really, this club will never hire a manager with proper ambition, that was always obvious. It's just underwhelming, having said that cautiously I am looking forward to hopefully an improvement on the pardew years, provided we recruit competently, even if we won't recruit anyone good enough to escape midtable