Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

just got back from fulham v blackburn (2-2)

looks like benni mccarthy wont play

their defence is not great, however if we play long balls (like fulham did 1st half) we will get nowhere as samba is very good at clearing these. hopefully sam will have twigged. their defence doesnt attack that much, and their passing game is very good.

bentley will be a huge danger

Their defence doesn't attack much? Both Blackburn full backs seemed to be instrumental in a large number of their attacks from what I saw tbh.

Or from what Gavin Peacock said on Motd 2.

well maybe not as much as fulhams then with konchesky playing a major part in most attacks i thought. tbh they left warnock unmarked for most of the game. it didnt seem like their full backs did much cpnstructive.

Their defence doesn't attack much? Both Blackburn full backs seemed to be instrumental in a large number of their attacks from what I saw tbh.

We need to 'nullify' them maybe Milner on the left & Barton on the right is the way to do this.

Faye will be a big help as he's our best defender, and Santa Cruz can be a handful in the air. Blackburn tend to pass it about a lot though, and use their wingers so crosses/set pieces will be the main threat imo. Looking forward to the day out but not confident at all about the game, although their CM was very much makeshift against Fulham (Mokoena and Tugay).

Said it much earlier in the thread and I have to say again, we must play with two wingers. If we don't, we lose IMO.

Given

Beye  Faye  Roz  Enrique

Milner  Emre  Butt  Zoggy

Smith  Martins

We've got to play for 3 points.

Beresford made a good point in today's Chron, the fans will be more patient with Sam if we're seen to be trying to win games. We're not going to Old Trafford, we're going to play an in-form but beatable Blackburn side.

We've got to play for 3 points.

Beresford made a good point in today's Chron, the fans will be more patient with Sam if we're seen to be trying to win games. We're not going to Old Trafford, we're going to play an in-form but beatable Blackburn side.

an in-form but beatable AND KNACKERED FROM MIDWEEK GAME Blackburn side.

Blackburn are a dangerous attacking team, I can't see us changing the 'try stop them playing' idea.

If that's the case then Allardyce clearly doesn't understand what he's doing wrong or why so many people are getting frustrated and putting his job at risk.

We need to 'nullify' them maybe Milner on the left & Barton on the right is the way to do this.

You sound like Allardyce. You'll probably get what you want, but I believe it will be to our detriment.

I think we'll get a result from this in a controversial like fashion and the crying Welshman will rear his ugly heed. 

I like Johnny Hall's line up:

Given

Beye  Faye  Roz  Enrique

Smith  Martins

Smith and Martins to score and Shay keeps a clean sheet. 

Guest Harry-Norway

I think we'll get a result from this in a controversial like fashion and the crying Welshman will rear his ugly heed. 

I like Johnny Hall's line up:

Given

Beye  Faye  Roz  Enrique

Smith  Martins

Smith and Martins to score and Shay keeps a clean sheet. 

Yeh,right,clean sheet???? its a year since last time,and i hope i m wrong,but cant see us keeping it clean against attacking Rovers and we dont understand how to get or pass the ball.

I am born a optimistic,but Sam has crushed it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wish i was going, fck.

:rant:

We have to play with two wingers in this one and a solid centre midfield, if we g to contain I think we'll get raped again.

for me.

God help us if we go into the Arsenal game after another defeat.  Will Captian Cautious play cautious football against Arsenal?