Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

chronicle saying roz and enrique are going to be dropped

It doesn't matter who plays at the back, if we line up in our usual fearful formation we will lose, that is a given. We have struggled agains far worse teams than Blackburn trying to contain them. Even if we drop back away from home, it's what we do with posession that is killing us. Without forward movement the passing inevitably breaks down, which means launching long balls in the general direction of the forward. Which means Blackburn will get the ball again and we'll come under pressure again, etc, etc.

Bad news about Enrique, nothing good can come out of that. It means either Carr or N'Zogbia will replace him I would think. :nope:

not to mention for all he was poor against liverpool he is the best left back at the club...or is it just allardyces way of making sure milner doesn't play on the right ?

Enrique dropped ? What for ? He didn't have a great game on Sat, but he was far from the worst player in a B & W shirt...

Just another reason to keep playing  N'Zog at LB UNLESS we are going to be really spoilt and have Carr there..Wunderbar....!!!!

Bad news about Enrique, nothing good can come out of that. It means either Carr or N'Zogbia will replace him I would think. :nope:

not to mention for all he was poor against liverpool he is the best left back at the club...or is it just allardyces way of making sure milner doesn't play on the right ?

I actually don't think there's much wrong with either Beye or Enrique, they are struggling like the rest of the defence because of the way the team is set out to invite pressure without any outlet. Much easier for Sam to drop players rather than admit he's to blame though.

I watched the game again last night and although Enrique made quite a few mistakes, he wasnt that bad. He tried some dodgy flick that got us into trouble and mis-placed quite a few passes but defended ok. Think its unfair and stupid to drop him.

I don't think either Enrique or Beye have done enough wrong to be dropped so far. Why keep changing it when we know an unsettled defence is a bad idea. Stupid.

Are you suprised? :lol:

Exactly, its like the hokey cokey with the defence at the minute

Here's my formation with the reasons for aswell:

------------Given------------ (better shot stopper, they are about equal with rest)

Beye----Taylor---Rozenthal---Enrique (No other right back, Taylor for height and aggression, Rozy needs another chance, no LB)

Milner---Butt---Barton---Zoggy (tougher in the middle and real width on the outside, round pegs in round holes!!)

---------Viduka---Martins---- (rate viduka more than smith)

Subs: Harps, smith, Emre, Faye, Carr

Here's my formation with the reasons for aswell:

------------Given------------ (better shot stopper, they are about equal with rest)

Beye----Taylor---Rozenthal---Enrique (No other right back, Taylor for height and aggression, Rozy needs another chance, no LB)

Milner---Butt---Barton---Zoggy (tougher in the middle and real width on the outside, round pegs in round holes!!)

---------Viduka---Martins---- (rate viduka more than smith)

Subs: Harps, smith, Emre, Faye, Carr

Agree with yours except Faye for Taylor he is a better version of what you described

6000 fans going down.  Our last 2 results at Ewood: 3-0 and 3-1 victories.  The pressure on Allardyce for this one is huge.

If reports are true and he drops Enrique, puts N'Zogbia at LB and plays tight and narrow for another draw, it will be total suicide.

He's dropping Enrique now? What, is that to accommodate Carr or to make sure N'Zogbia is out of position? Christ almighty. You almost get the feeling he's taking the piss.

The time for pissing about has well and truly passed. The fans won't accept it and the board won't either, these are Premier League games not pre-season friendlies. I hope he knows what he's doing.

Have the Premiership introduced some sort of award for using the highest amount of different back fours in a season or something?

If he drops Enrique, well, time is ticking Sam. You cannot keep fucking about like this and hope to get away with it, not at NUFC.

Guest sicko2ndbest

I think he will go:

..............given.............

Carr...Faye...Taylor..Enrique

Milner....Barton..Butt....Nzog

........oba........Vid...........

I think he likes Carr because of he's used to the premiership!

C'mon villa!

Blackburn vs. Villa - kicks off in 10 minutes time

Aston Villa will be looking to keep up their fine form against a Blackburn side without a win in their last three games.

predictions? I say 1-1 but I hope blackburn lose :iamatwat:

6000 fans going down.  Our last 2 results at Ewood: 3-0 and 3-1 victories.  The pressure on Allardyce for this one is huge.

If reports are true and he drops Enrique, puts N'Zogbia at LB and plays tight and narrow for another draw, it will be total suicide.

We all know N'Zogbia isn't a fullback, but it has to be said he's had his best games for us this season in that role and he's been mostly shit when starting in midfield where he doesn't get anywhere near as much space.