Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

6000 fans going down.  Our last 2 results at Ewood: 3-0 and 3-1 victories.  The pressure on Allardyce for this one is huge.

If reports are true and he drops Enrique, puts N'Zogbia at LB and plays tight and narrow for another draw, it will be total suicide.

We all know N'Zogbia isn't a fullback, but it has to be said he's had his best games for us this season in that role and he's been mostly shit when starting in midfield where he doesn't get anywhere near as much space.

...or support. All the midfielders have looked shit because there's no movement around or ahead of them. Everyone's stuck in their own half stuck in rigid defensive positions, hoping a punt upfield will strike lucky.

The penalty and red card against Blackburn was criminal, and it sunk them. Our defence would never have stood up to the pressure that Blackburn put on Villa in the first half, and it's hard to imagine that Blackburn will lose two straight at home, especially since they'll now have a chip on their shoulder. We can only hope, though.

--------------Given

--Beye---Roz---Cacapa---Enrique

-Milner---Geremi---Emre---Zogs

-----------Smith-----Martins

Great stuff Villa hammered Blackburn!Hopefully might f*** them up for us on Sat!Probably not though, :weep:

I have a better feeling about it now though!Nelson will be suspended?

And how many on this site who rubbish O'Neill as 'second-rate' STILL believe that ?

I said last year that this season would see a vast improvement at Villa and so it has proved...

Whether you like it or not, O'Neill is a really good manager and time will prove that to be the case.

All those who preferred Allardyce(or anyone else of similar ilk)must be having a talk with themselves right now - if not, they SHOULD be...

What happens if we go to Blackburn and get thumped ? Will you STILL continue to sneer at O'Neill !??

Great stuff Villa hammered Blackburn!Hopefully might f*** them up for us on Sat!Probably not though, :weep:

And how many on this site who rubbish O'Neill as 'second-rate' STILL believe that ?

I said last year that this season would see a vast improvement at Villa and so it has proved...

Whether you like it or not, O'Neill is a really good manager and time will prove that to be the case.

All those who preferred Allardyce(or anyone else of similar ilk)must be having a talk with themselves right now - if not, they SHOULD be...

What happens if we go to Blackburn and get thumped ? Will you STILL continue to sneer at O'Neill !??

Haven't you sort of trampled all over your own point there?

Haven't you sort of trampled all over your own point there?

:lol: In the most brilliant fashion.  mackems.gif

I'd want to give this a go

Given

Beye  Toilet Attendant  Rozza  Enrique

Faye (If fit)

Milner            Emre\Barton        Martins

Smith              Viduka

Think this would balance us out nicely!  Would drop Butt for Faye purely for Ariel power

I'd want to give this a go

Given

Beye   Toilet Attendant   Rozza   Enrique

Faye (If fit)

Milner            Emre\Barton         Martins

Smith              Viduka

Think this would balance us out nicely!  Would drop Butt for Faye purely for Ariel power

No Zog on the left? You'd prefer two target men up front?

Bizarre. I like the idea, but I'd have Martins and Smith starting up front, with Zog on the left and Milner right, and Faye/Butt and Emre/Barton in the middle.

Zog needs to up his game a bit more for me, and as Martins is left footed I think he'd provide more of a threat than Zoggy at this moment in time.

Lets look at Martins the first game of the season, he was out wide right then and we blitzed them the first half, but I think he'd be more effective down the left.