Blackburn (A) Pre match thread

NSG

i would go..........

given

beye    rozenhal  faye    enrique

milner    butt    emre    n'zogbia

viduka    martins

playing butt as a more defensive midfielder and emre as the more advanced.

i would normally give a prediction as to allardyce's team but i have given up trying to work out what bizzarre formatioin he is likely to try this time.

I reckon Allardyce will go with something like...

GK - Given

RB - Carr

LB - N'Zogbia

CB - Rozehnal

CB - Beye

RM - Barton

LM - Milner

CM - Butt

CM - Smith

CF - Viduka

CF - Martins

Looks about right, sadly enough.

i would go..........

given

beye    rozenhal   faye    enrique

milner     butt     emre    n'zogbia

viduka    martins

i would normally give a prediction as to allardyce's team but i have given up trying to work out what bizzarre formatioin he is likely to try this time.

Thing is we've tried that midfield so many times and it just gets turned over everytime.

If we had a bit more steel and height in the middle we could rough it up a bit more.

Viduka and Martins as a partnership just doesn't work for me, where Smith and Viduka would imo with Martins breaking in from a wide position.

I reckon Allardyce will go with something like...

GK - Given

RB - Carr

LB - N'Zogbia

CB - Rozehnal

CB - Beye

RM - Barton

LM - Milner

CM - Butt

CM - Smith

CF - Viduka

CF - Martins

I don't think he will.  Beye will be rb and one of taylor or faye will partner Rozy.

I reckon Enrique will start as well and I have a feeling he might go 433 like we did against Bolton.

------------------------Given

Beye---------Faye----------Rozy--------Enrique

---------------------Butt

-------------Barton------Smith

---------Martins------------Milner

------------------Viduka

If he does we'll lose.

i would go..........

given

viduka    martins

I'm going for a 4-5-1

GK: Given

RB: Carr

CB: Beye

CB: Faye

LB: Charlie

RW:Smith (you forgot that he cannot drop his favourite butt-boy)

CM:Geremi

CM:Butt

CM:Emre

LW: Milner (or any fit right footed player)

Lone Striker: Viduka

Where Geremi and are interchangeable, and offer nothing to the team with the ball banjoed up the field towards Viduka to utilise his speed and ability knock the ball on to the players who are making occaisional runs over the half way line.  Before going a goal down and it all turning to shit and nobody looking like they have any idea on where they are supposed to be playing or what they are supposed to be doing.  I think Sam has it down in his book as the 'Hail Mary, I hope to God I fluke this one away tactic'.

Impossible to predict Sams team so I will just pick my team!

Given

Beye

Faye

Roz[would pick Taylor ahead of Roz but considering Taylor+Faye were both injured,I wouldnt chance both of them together,known our luck!]

Enrique

Milner

Butt

Emre

Zog

Viduka

Martins

Subs;Harper,Taylor,Barton,Geremi,Smith

Great stuff Villa hammered Blackburn!Hopefully might f*** them up for us on Sat!Probably not though, :weep:

I have a better feeling about it now though!Nelson will be suspended?

And how many on this site who rubbish O'Neill as 'second-rate' STILL believe that ?

I said last year that this season would see a vast improvement at Villa and so it has proved...

Whether you like it or not, O'Neill is a really good manager and time will prove that to be the case.

All those who preferred Allardyce(or anyone else of similar ilk)must be having a talk with themselves right now - if not, they SHOULD be...

What happens if we go to Blackburn and get thumped ? Will you STILL continue to sneer at O'Neill !??

Point out my sneering at O'Neill please?

I dont give a toss abt them,all I cared abt was that it might affect Blackburn because we are playing them next!

GK GIVEN

DR BEYE

DC CACAPA

DC BIG ROZ

DL ZOG

ML EMRE

MC BUTT

MC BARTON

MR MILNER

CF VIDUKA

CF MARTINS

subs

harper

geremi

duff

smith

taylor/faye/edgar (whoever is fit )

Didnt know Beye was a doctor?Butt and Bartons are mcs?Didnt know that either!Thanks for the interesting facts! :laugh:

GK GIVEN

DR BEYE

DC CACAPA

DC BIG ROZ

DL ZOG

ML EMRE

MC BUTT

MC BARTON

MR MILNER

CF VIDUKA

CF MARTINS

subs

harper

geremi

duff

smith

Didnt know Beye was a doctor?Butt and Bartons are mcs?Didnt know that either!Thanks for the interesting facts! :laugh:

;D

GK GIVEN

DR BEYE

DC CACAPA

DC BIG ROZ

DL ZOG

ML EMRE

MC BUTT

MC BARTON

MR MILNER

CF VIDUKA

CF MARTINS

subs

harper

geremi

duff

smith

;D

I think they are madcunts anywayz :D

i would go..........

given

viduka    martins

Thing is we've tried that midfield so many times and it just gets turned over everytime.

If we had a bit more steel and height in the middle we could rough it up a bit more.

Viduka and Martins as a partnership just doesn't work for me, where Smith and Viduka would imo with Martins breaking in from a wide position.

Smith? Nah. He's not a good enough striker. Much as i have little time for the Fat Convict in comparison to really good Premiership strikers, he's a much better bet alongside Martins than a Smith/Viduka combo.

I like madras' formation, with the possible removal of Emre, just in case he does his impression of the Invisible Man again.

i would go..........

given

beye    rozenhal  faye    enrique

milner    butt    emre    n'zogbia

viduka    martins

Smith? Nah. He's not a good enough striker. Much as i have little time for the Fat Convict in comparison to really good Premiership strikers, he's a much better bet alongside Martins than a Smith/Viduka combo.

I like madras' formation, with the possible removal of Emre, just in case he does his impression of the Invisible Man again.

Its away from home so thats nailed on

i would go..........

given

viduka    martins

Its away from home so thats nailed on

Aye, probably. Against a decent enough team as well.

Scratch the "possible", lets not pretend he's not a bottler when it comes to big games. We could try Barton. At least he'll try, even if he is overrated.

I'm shitscared of this tbh, can see us getting humiliated :(

Hopefully if they score a couple in the first half they'll declare at half time

Barron

Viduka              Moncur              Beye               N'Zogbia

Ginola             Emre                 Smith               Hibbit's Ghost

Macdonald         Martins

:frantic: :frantic:      :cheesy: :cheesy:

if n'zogbia plays left back then its a complete waste of time

Although, all of his assists and goals this season have come from the Left Back position (barring his goal against west ham in which he had just moved to LM seconds earlier).

That means fuck all really, He is pretty poor as a defender and is missed when he aint on the wing. The only other LW we have is Duff and he is injured, Milner aint a LW and why SA plays him there is annoying. We only have 1 RW in Milner and for some strange reason SA plays him on the left.

nufc.com are reporting that Steven Taylor should be fit to play. If he is, he should be in the starting line-up without a doubt.

I like all 3 of new CBs but they don't have the same passion, aggression, attacking threat, popularity and premiership experience as Stevie T. He's also a talker on the pitch which is something we've badly missed at the back.

.............................Shay

Beye...........Taylor........Rozenhal.............Enrique

Milner..........Butt............Emre...........N'Zogbia

..................Martins.......Smith/Viduka

There we go. Piece of piss!

I 've done the easy bit for you Sam, the rest is up to you. You fat prick!