Habib Beye signs for Aston Villa, fee undisclosed

Guest sicko2ndbest

HABIB BEYE today revealed his devastation after a red card just 12 minutes into his comeback from injury against Manchester City last night.

The Senegal international’s despair was compounded straight after the red card from Rob Styles when it instantly dawned on the fans’ favourite he is likely to miss the Tyne-Wear derby, should the Hampshire official decide not to overturn his decision.

Beye had fought back from an Achilles problem which has kept him out for two months to start his first game since the 3-0 defeat at Arsenal back in August.

A gutted Beye said today: “For me that was the start of my season and I’m devastated by the decision.

“I wouldn’t have made the tackle if I didn’t think I could have got the ball, and that’s why I am so disappointed.

“It was my first game back for some time, and to be sent off so early is very disappointing.”

Beye knew straight away that the red card means he is more than likely set to miss the big one against Sunderland.

And after building up such a tremendous rapport with the Geordie public, he is desperate to help United to victory on Wearside.

He added: “I know how big this game is to the supporters, not only for the fans who want us to win, but also for me personally.

“I would have been playing against one of my best friends in the game in Djibril Cisse. Fingers crossed, the decision will be overturned.”

Meanwhile, Styles was under pressure today to rescind his decision to send Beye off.

United have already appealed against the decision, knowing that should this fail, Beye will be ruled out of Saturday’s game.

But Styles told United he would not be able to study the video until this afternoon because he had to attend a referee’s conference this morning.

Obviously, Styles will be in big trouble with his boss Keith Hackett if he admits to a second mistake in the space of three weeks.

But even if Styles says he will not rescind his decision, it is up to the Football Association Regulatory Commission to have the final say.

Kinnear went into the referee’s room as soon as the mandatory cooling-down period had expired.

When Kinnear came out he was followed in by match delegate Len Ashurst and referees assessor Robbie Hart, the former official from Darlington.

Styles was asked for an interview to explain his decision to send Beye off, but the word came back from him that he was not allowed to talk about it.

Kinnear had every right to be furious with Styles, but the United boss was surprisingly understanding.

He told me after the game: “We got a double whammy – the penalty they scored from and losing Habib, who has just come back.

“I’ve had a look at the tape and, without criticising the referee for one minute, television, with the benefit of hindsight, shows clearly that he played the ball and not the man.

“Hopefully, the referee is man enough and brave enough to look at it in the same vein as myself.

“We’ve lost out on the penalty – we can’t change that – but we certainly don’t want to lose the player as well.

“We had to change the situation on the pitch. Instead of Oba Martins playing through the middle with Shola, I had to shove him out wide left. I’m disappointed, even with 10 men.”

Kinnear added: “The fans gave the team fantastic backing. We were down to 10 men, but with the supporters we were back to 11.

“They really pushed the players on, and we’re thankful. They played their part, without a doubt.”

Beye sorry for heartbreak against Sunderland

Oct 27 2008 by Lee Ryder, Evening Chronicle

HABIB BEYE has apologised to the Toon Army after Newcastle United lost their first Tyne-Wear derby since 1980.

The Senegal international knows that the Geordie nation were feeling lower than a snake’s belly on Tyneside but says that only the players can change the feeling on the streets of Tyneside by beating West Brom comfortably tomorrow night.

Beye played his first full 90 minutes since returning to action after an Achilles injury after wrongly being sent off against Manchester City in a decision that was overturned by the FA.

Now though Beye is keen to take on the responsibility and get United’s season back on track.

He told the Chronicle: “We are sorry to the supporters.

“We know that it affects their life and it’s important for them.

“They want to show their pride about their team and they are disappointed.

“We are feeling like them.

“But it’s a good thing we have a game so soon and we have to win against West Brom.”

Shola Ameobi, whose goal put United back on level terms in the derby match, holds his head in his hands as the game slips way from United

United had got themselves back into the derby when Shola Ameobi equalised in the first half before Kieran Richardson’s winner.

Beye reflected: “It’s desperately disappointing for us all.

“When you play any game you want to win, but when it is against Sunderland you have to win.

“I don’t want to say that it is more important than anything in life because there are serious things in the world, but we know how disappointing this result is for our supporters.

“If you don’t win at Sunderland, it’s devastating for them, and I am so sorry for them.”

The defeat leaves Newcastle still lying in the relegation zone, and Beye added: “Sunderland have a good team, but we are Newcastle United. We had to win and we lost.

“We were very disappointing.

“The second goal was a wonderful goal but we must fight more than we did.

“The first half we did OK, and they scored a lucky goal.

“We weren’t very good after we equalised. It’s not good enough and we must do better than that.”

HABIB BEYE/STEVEN TAYLOR/NICKY BUTT/SHAY GIVEN has apologised to the Toon Army after Newcastle United lost their first Tyne-Wear derby since 1980/any other match since last week.

The Senegal/England U21/former/Ireland international knows that the Geordie nation were feeling lower than a snake’s belly on Tyneside but says that only the players can change the feeling on the streets of Tyneside by beating West Brom/next team comfortably tomorrow night.

Beye played his first full 90 minutes since returning to action after an Achilles injury after wrongly being sent off against Manchester City in a decision that was overturned by the FA.

Now though Beye/Taylor/Butt/Given is keen to take on the responsibility and get United’s season back on track.

He told the Chronicle: “We are sorry to the supporters.

“We know that it affects their life and it’s important for them.

“They want to show their pride about their team and they are disappointed.

“We are feeling like them.

“But it’s a good thing we have a game so soon and we have to win against West Brom/next team.”

United had got themselves back into the derby/game when Shola Ameobi/player X equalised in the first half before Kieran Richardson’s/player Y's winner.

Beye/Taylor/Butt/Given reflected: “It’s desperately disappointing for us all.

“When you play any game you want to win, but when it is against Sunderland/other team you have to win.

“I don’t want to say that it is more important than anything in life because there are serious things in the world, but we know how disappointing this result is for our supporters.

“If you don’t win at Sunderland/other team, it’s devastating for them, and I am so sorry for them.”

The defeat leaves Newcastle still lying in the relegation zone, and Beye/Taylor/Butt/Given added: “Sunderland/other team have a good team, but we are Newcastle United. We had to win and we lost.

“We were very disappointing.

“The first/second/third goal was a wonderful goal but we must fight more than we did.

“The first half we did OK, and they scored a lucky goal.

“We weren’t very good after we equalised. It’s not good enough and we must do better than that.”

Delete as applicable.

Fair play to Beye for saying that, but i thought he was terrible for once on Saturday

He's not been himself all season so far IMO. :(

I don't think he's been fully fit as his attacking play has been quite reserved.

All other attributes aside, his tackling is simply unbelievable.

I've never seen such pinpoint tackling from a Toon player. Just slides in fearlessly and comes out with the ball.

Made several challenges today which were almost as good as that wrongly penalized one against Robinho. Obviously, he has confidence in his ability since he's never afraid to tackle even in the box.

I've never seen such pinpoint tackling from a Toon player. Just slides in fearlessly and comes out with the ball.

Made several challenges today which were almost as good as that wrongly penalized one against Robinho. Obviously, he has confidence in his ability since he's never afraid to tackle even in the box.

it's a shame he has to do it so often

He looks like he's got no chance of getting the ball then he seems to just go for it out of nowhere.

what did i say before we've got world-class full back on our hand... immense defensively and good going forward... "calmer & cooler character of sergio ramos"

Needs to get his act together sharpish. We've got enough problems (apparantely) at left-back.

The bloke had no pre-season, has been injured for months and has barely played. Think this is harsh to be honest.

Anybody worth their salt will tell you how important a solid pre-season usually is to a player making a good start in a new campaign, unfortunately for Beye he's had a severely disrupted one.

Same excuse should be applied to others as well though, I will add, not just fan favourites, but people (not you) are too quick to call someone crap without looking at the circumstances.

Needs to get his act together sharpish. We've got enough problems (apparantely) at left-back.

The bloke had no pre-season, has been injured for months and has barely played. Think this is harsh to be honest.

Anybody worth their salt will tell you how important a solid pre-season usually is to a player making a good start in a new campaign, unfortunately for Beye he's had a severely disrupted one.

Same excuse should be applied to others as well though, I will add, not just fan favourites, but people (not you) are too quick to call someone crap without looking at the circumstances.

Absolutely, i know - he didn't have a full pre-season. I acknowleded that, but the fact of the matter is, he needed to get himself back in the groove pretty damn quick because we're relying on him.

Bare in mind i made this post prior to the West Brom game, where he looked just about back to his old self. ;)

I didn't realise Beye was that good - Joe Kinnear

Oct 31 2008 by Alan Oliver, Evening Chronicle

JOE KINNEAR has admitted that he did not realise that Habib Beye was such a good player – until Tuesday night’s victory over West Brom.

http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/nufc/newcastle-united-news/2008/10/31/i-didn-t-realise-beye-was-that-good-joe-kinnear-72703-22156702/

first Kinnear comes out saying Barton 'has been linked with every mass murder' then he'saying he didn't know Beye was 'that good'

trying to pip Roeder for the most amateurish manager award it looks like.

Hope Beye's good form continues, he'll be captain by the end of the season tbh