The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

Italian press are saying Mellberg has agreed to sign for Juventus from Villa in the summer

Is he out of contract in the summer? I am sure I herd that Martin Laursen was.

BRUMMIE COME IN,BRUMMIE COME IN, COME IN BRUMMIE

Laursen just signed a new one iirc

Italian press are saying Mellberg has agreed to sign for Juventus from Villa in the summer

Is he out of contract in the summer? I am sure I herd that Martin Laursen was.

BRUMMIE COME IN,BRUMMIE COME IN, COME IN BRUMMIE

Laursen just signed a new one iirc

Don't think you did. They opened talks before Christmas.

Saudi Arabia striker Yasser Al Qahtani claimed last week to have turned down an approach from Manchester City.

But former City keeper John Burridge, working as a TV analyst in the Middle East, has a somewhat different take on proceedings.

He said: "Al Qahtani flew into Manchester with a huge entourage. He arrived at the City training ground like a prince and when he took part in his first training session, the members of his entourage lined the length of the touchline cheering his every move.

"When he got the ball, Richard Dunne smacked Al Qahtani with a good old-fashioned 'welcome' tackle, and he fell on to the ground like a bag of chips.

"He started rolling around, squealing and had to be carried off the field. Then he started crying."

:lol:

I'm really surprised a Premier League club hasn't taken a gamble on Zoltan Gera yet. He's out of contract in the summer. He always reminded me a little of Nobby, slightly less talented but physically superior. Would be a good option for every team outside the top 4 for me.

Saudi Arabia striker Yasser Al Qahtani claimed last week to have turned down an approach from Manchester City.

But former City keeper John Burridge, working as a TV analyst in the Middle East, has a somewhat different take on proceedings.

He said: "Al Qahtani flew into Manchester with a huge entourage. He arrived at the City training ground like a prince and when he took part in his first training session, the members of his entourage lined the length of the touchline cheering his every move.

"When he got the ball, Richard Dunne smacked Al Qahtani with a good old-fashioned 'welcome' tackle, and he fell on to the ground like a bag of chips.

"He started rolling around, squealing and had to be carried off the field. Then he started crying."

:lol::lol::lol:

That is brilliant. Well done Richard Dunne.

I'm really surprised a Premier League club hasn't taken a gamble on Zoltan Gera yet. He's out of contract in the summer. He always reminded me a little of Nobby, slightly less talented but physically superior. Would be a good option for every team outside the top 4 for me.

Good shout. How´s he been since relegating out of the Prem? I wouldn´t mind us making a move for him.

Good shout. How´s he been since relegating out of the Prem? I wouldn´t mind us making a move for him.

Not sure. He looked excellent against Charlton the other week. I think he could certainly do a job for us. 2m would be good value.

A little off topic but who was it who hadnt even sgined for Birmingham but criticised the training methods during a trial...cant remeber.

A little off topic but who was it who hadnt even sgined for Birmingham but criticised the training methods during a trial...cant remeber.

Hossam Ghaly, we're still trying to offload the cnut.  It looks like he'll be going to Derby on loan in the next week or two.

Not sure. He looked excellent against Charlton the other week. I think he could certainly do a job for us. 2m would be good value.

His first goals in a long time iirc. Zoltan great name, big player at WBA, would be a squad player at best. We need to build a decent XI.

This is Yasser Al Qahtani during his one day trial...

http://photos-c.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sctm/v173/43/70/597129731/n597129731_219186_3625.jpg

...and this is what he said to provoke that comment....

"I had a successful trial with Manchester City and I was given great praise from everyone there including coach Sven-Goran Eriksson," said Al Qahtani.

"We had reached an agreement but there were some issues in the contract that were not resolved.

"However, the reason I rejected the offer was not due to financial reasons but because I feel Al Hilal need me too much this season."

Al Qahtani stressed he still has ambitions to play in Europe in the near future.

He added: "I'm still looking to play in Europe and the situation could be different at the start of next season.

"I still have some offers and I will discuss them with the administration and I'm sure that I can succeed in Europe."

Uh huh... :whistle:

Pretty funny. But the Prince of Dubai or someone like that (kerching tbh) was behind him getting a kick here and was at our game vs Spuds...gutted it didnt work out.  :laugh2:

In other slightly less hilarious news, Nashat Akram's official website says he's signed for us.

Says he'll be unveiled on the 10th - I hope the delay means theres going to be another mass press conference like there was with Corluka/Garrido/Bojinov/Elano way back when  :cheesy:

Middlesbrough are preparing to pay a club record £12million for Dutch-based Brazil striker Afonso Alves.

Chairman Steve Gibson and manager Gareth Southgate met the Heerenveen player's representatives on Teesside yesterday in a bid to beat Manchester City and AZ Alkmaar to the 26-year-old's signature.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/sport/football.html?in_article_id=506709&in_page_id=1779