The January Deadline Day Thread

Keefaz

face it, this season is down the drain anyway, i'm looking forward to the next one allready, maybe we'll get some decent results, i hope.

Lets just get a decent team together for next season, which quality player is gonna come join us this week with no chance of europe or winning anything( which is normal with nufc) . Lets just get thru this year and put our chances on the next one.

KK is not gonna turn this bunch of lookalikes into a decent team. there maybe one or two dencent results to follow, but the quality is not there so we cant expect to win against the top 4. There are some players who look ok, but then again you haev to have the right balance in the team and that does not look good enough. Don't get me wrong i would love to beat every team out there but face the facts we are shite all round, Defence, midfield, attack. We can't even attack anymore thats how far Sams tactics and signings have brought us. what kind of players has he gotten in since the beginning of the season. PLayers who have brought no surplus to the team.

Villa have  made a double bid for Chimbonda and Routledge.  Could be some mileage in it, "small increase in the fee needed".

SSN: Routledge having medical with Aston Villa.

Martin O'Neil is certainly no mug. He will get the best out of a promising young player who still has a lot of potential.

Routledge fits into that Villa team perfectly. Young, Routledge and Agbonlahor will drive teams crazy.

I feel this transfer is going to make a lot of other clubs feel really silly.

Villa have  made a double bid for Chimbonda and Routledge.  Could be some mileage in it, "small increase in the fee needed".

Martin O'Neil is certainly no mug. He will get the best out of a promising young player who still has a lot of potential.

Routledge fits into that Villa team perfectly. Young, Routledge and Agbonlahor will drive teams crazy.

It's only Routledge...

It's only Routledge...

Better than the likes of Milner, Ireland and Etherington though ... I just feel quite a few teams could have taken a chance on him but fluffed it.

It will be a good move for him.

Why would Villa want Routledge? Experienced no improvement at all in Spurs, and not exactly very young still.

Does he play on the right? There's your answer.

I doubt there is any truth in this.

This window is a b******. Nobody wants to sell. What a let down.

:coolsmiley: O0

Exactly how good he is now I have no idea.  When Arnesen, Santini, Jol etc first joined, he went over to Korea for the Peace Cup and was voted Player of the Tournament, Essien (who was still with Lyon) got the job of keeping him quiet in the final, couldn't and eventually got redcarded for persistent fouling.  Santini really rated him, in the first match of the season Routledge broke his metatarsal, got replaced in the team by Lennon, Santini went, Jol didn't rate him and he kept going out on loan after that.

So that's the story so far, it may be inspired by MON, it may not.  Worth a gamble, won't be costing a lot.

With regard to Chimbo, I hear that there may be some problems regarding his wage demands.  No surprise there then!

Why would Villa want Routledge? Experienced no improvement at all in Spurs, and not exactly very young still.

Exactly how good he is now I have no idea.  When Arnesen, Santini, Jol etc first joined, he went over to Korea for the Peace Cup and was voted Player of the Tournament, Essien (who was still with Lyon) got the job of keeping him quiet in the final, couldn't and eventually got redcarded for persistent fouling.  Santini really rated him, in the first match of the season Routledge broke his metatarsal, got replaced in the team by Lennon, Santini went, Jol didn't rate him and he kept going out on loan after that.

So that's the story so far, it may be inspired by MON, it may not.  Worth a gamble, won't be costing a lot.

With regard to Chimbo, I hear that there may be some problems regarding his wage demands.  No surprise there then!

Exactly. If anything, he has been very unfortunate. How quickly people forget things in football.

He is also only 22 I believe, so why Delima refers to him as being old is beyond me.

Brummie please take Milner of us and we can get Wayne instead you know you want to!

Exactly. If anything, he has been very unfortunate. How quickly people forget things in football.

He is also only 22 I believe, so why Delima refers to him as being old is beyond me.

Brummie please take Milner of us and we can get Wayne instead you know you want to!

It's only Routledge...

Better than the likes of Milner, Ireland and Etherington though ... I just feel quite a few teams could have taken a chance on him but fluffed it.

I would say Milner is a better all round performer than WR, Milner just needs to be in the right team.  He looked far better on loan at Villa than he does at SJP imho, maybe he needs a change of manager, maybe KK is the man for him, I don't know.

I'd be surprised if WR was worse than Etherington (though he is a leftie), Ireland??  Dunno, depends on what WR is like now tbh.

It's only Routledge...

I would say Milner is a better all round performer than WR, Milner just needs to be in the right team.  He looked far better on loan at Villa than he does at SJP imho, maybe he needs a change of manager, maybe KK is the man for him, I don't know.

I'd be surprised if WR was worse than Etherington (though he is a leftie), Ireland??   Dunno, depends on what WR is like now tbh.

Better all round huh ... well what does that really mean? That he tracks back defensively? Well let him play right back then!

Routledge is quicker, is a better dribbler, is a more effective crosser because he has more success getting to the byline, and also gets into better goal scoring positions overall. Milner might have a better shot from range but I do remember Routledge hitting a few nice ones too.

Being told that Ramos is serious about wanting Diego Milito in this window and moving Defoe out. :kasper:

Can't think that there's enough time to get one in and one out.  We don't need 5 strikers, that's for sure.  A defensive MF plus Gilberto signing would be nice though.

It's only Routledge...

I'd be surprised if WR was worse than Etherington (though he is a leftie), Ireland??  Dunno, depends on what WR is like now tbh.

Better all round huh ... well what does that really mean? That he tracks back defensively? Well let him play right back then!

Routledge is quicker, is a better dribbler, is a more effective crosser because he has more success getting to the byline, and also gets into better goal scoring positions overall. Milner might have a better shot from range but I do remember Routledge hitting a few nice ones too.

Possibly, but if he did that consistently he would have been near the England squad.  He did it consistently in a tourno in Korea, but since then, even on season long loans, he's never reproduced the Peace Cup form on a regular basis.

It's only Routledge...

I'd be surprised if WR was worse than Etherington (though he is a leftie), Ireland??   Dunno, depends on what WR is like now tbh.

Possibly, but if he did that consistently he would have been near the England squad.  He did it consistently in a tourno in Korea, but since then, even on season long loans, he's never reproduced the Peace Cup form on a regular basis.

Well I know he does it a lot more consistently than Milner and that is a fact. It's also difficult when your getting loaned out all over the place to be at the top of your game. I can't imagine he was in the best frame of mind.

Guest Nescafe

Spurs fan here.

The Peace Cup came in the second pre-season of the new set-up, Santini had already been sacked several months before we picked up Routledge, Robbie Keane was nominated as the tournament's MVP, and Essien was not red carded, he was substituted [Although I believe he may have been sent off in one of the tournament's group games].

He did look promising during the tournament though, but then so did Andy Reid.

Apparently Swiss newspaper "Blick" reports Felipe Caicedo (Striker/19/Basel/Ecuador) on his way here. I've never seen him play, I'd never heard of him before this morning, but PLEASE BE TRUE. Not that I'm desperate or owt. :frantic:

This is about the 8th post of this nature from you this window :laugh:

Apparently Swiss newspaper "Blick" reports Felipe Caicedo (Striker/19/Basel/Ecuador) on his way here. I've never seen him play, I'd never heard of him before this morning, but PLEASE BE TRUE. Not that I'm desperate or owt. :frantic:

I can't deal with it man. Darius Vassell has played twelve games in a row! Fucking twelve!

We used to be good!

I can't deal with it man. Darius Vassell has played twelve games in a row! Fucking twelve!

We used to be good!

Honeymoon period, man. Welcome to mid-table.

We used to be good!

Honeymoon period, man. Welcome to mid-table.

I could deal with it if I didn't keep getting teased into thinking that the knight in shining armour is heading over the horizon. Everything from players being quoted on our interest to normally honest posters making up stories (And even forging autographs). Ill calm down soon. Once I can come to terms with Vassell's perpetural inclusion. Even if he is the most frustrating player EVA.