Wigan Athletic 1-0 Newcastle United - 26/12/07 - reaction from page 16

PM

What a pile of s****!

People saying we should give Sam a season also came up with the same bollocks under Souness and look what damage he caused us by staying for a bit longer! I'm sorry but by now we should be used to his system and its clearly not working. Dont give me this tosh about a new manager needs time but if your half decent then you can achieve it - just look at Sven he took over citeh in anidentical situation and we are miles behind them now

So pi$$ed off!!!

SSN - "Newcastle look more comfortable, more fluent, more effective in the 4-4-2"

Why can't our manager see this!!!

That is quite rich from someone who has spent months crying out for a 433 formation.

Yeah, but if the players are not suited or are not adjusting then we have to go with what works for the team.

The 4-3-3 will never work with Viduka as the lone striker and so I will never be happy with it with Viduka up there. We saw things start to improve with Smith up there and if we had gone with Smith up top today and Faye at DM we would have played much better.

The forthcoming games (against some really strong sides) are what worry me most. If we don't get a fair amount of luck during them then we'll look back at these sort of matches and they'll take on even more significance.