Spurs sign Luka Modric

Delima
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I rather he go Chelsea than Spurs

If Chelsea had wanted him, they'd have got him. He's obviously not a player that the big four are fighting over, so I take some consolation from that.

As others have said, Spurs are now ahead of us in their ability to attract players. They have a better team, they've just won a trophy, and we've only just made ourselves mathematically certain of staying in the Premiership. The club has been badly mismanaged over the last few years and it'll take time to get back to where we were.

Won't be the first and certainly won't be the last time this happens.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Woodgate and Modric will find themselves looking up the table at us next season and maybe even this season if the results go for us.  After all we are level with Spurs on points after an absolutely horrendous season.  Fair do's, they have got into the UEFA cup via the Carling Cup, but they wouldn't have got anywhere near Europe otherwise.  They have probably gone for Modric because we have told them they wouldn't get N'Zogbia on the cheap.  Hopefully, KK will tell N'Zogbia that he is staying now that Spurs have signed a left sided midfielder.

You keep kidding yourself  :celb: :celb:

We've been used again to draw out offers from other, preferable, clubs. We will struggle to buy real quality in the short term, unless we don't have "quality" clubs in for the same players.

NB where the fuck are Spuds getting all this money?

With the sort of money being spent on one player, I'd be surprised if Berbatov doesn't already have his bags packed.

Guest sicko2ndbest

We've been used again to draw out offers from other, preferable, clubs. We will struggle to buy real quality in the short term, unless we don't have "quality" clubs in for the same players.

NB where the f*** are Spuds getting all this money?

I know

17mil Bent

20mil Modric

11mil Berbatov

8mil Hutton

10mil Bale

12mil Woodgate

7mil Kaboul

All in the last 18-24 months Over 80 million!

BTW

......................................New Keeper...............................................

Hutton...................Woody...................King...........................Bale

Lennon.................Zakora......................Modric....................Steed

...............................Berbatov................Keane............................

Looks like top4 material  :rant:

I know

17mil Bent

20mil Modric

11mil Berbatov

8mil Hutton

10mil Bale

12mil Woodgate

7mil Kaboul

BTW

......................................New Keeper...............................................

Hutton...................Woody...................King...........................Bale

Lennon.................Zakora......................Modric....................Steed

...............................Berbatov................Keane............................

Looks like top4 material  :rant:

Crucial to getting into the top four is defence, and I don't think Spurs have got that sorted yet. Particularly with King struggling for fitness.

I know

17mil Bent

20mil Modric

11mil Berbatov

8mil Hutton

10mil Bale

12mil Woodgate

7mil Kaboul

BTW

Looks like top4 material   :rant:

Just like everyone said they were last summer ;)

howay man, be positive!  The quotes.com have...

"We really put our two lists together because they have got a massive expertise in Europe.

"While on one list we have got all the top ones, they are looking at the ones who maybe you can get who will be the next top ones, but are younger.

When we put them together, it was quite interesting.

:pow:

Didn't wake up to expect this this morning, well played by the Spurs board in fairness, kept it quiet and got down to business. Bit gutted but hey ho plenty more fish in the sea.

howay man, be positive!  The quotes.com have...

"We really put our two lists together because they have got a massive expertise in Europe.

"While on one list we have got all the top ones, they are looking at the ones who maybe you can get who will be the next top ones, but are younger.

When we put them together, it was quite interesting.

:pow:

I'm not sure what 'quite interesting' means. I wouldn't be terribly, fantastically, unbelievably surprised if we end up with more players from Wise's list than Keegan's.

Not that we'd sign anyone the manager didn't want. But I reckon more effort will go in to the players on the DOF's list.

Guest mrainey

..the little t***

http://www.24sata.hr/sport/clanak/l-modric-sretan-sam-sto-odlazim-u-veliki-tottenham/59996/?context=naslovnica&web_page_id=main_page

Knowing Mamic policy, i think he didn't have a say in it. He is quoted in this article as saying he wasn't present at the negotiations last night and was informed by Mamic on how the things had developed. He's happy he's going to premiership and that his future's secured. Trust me, this is the way things work around here, Mamic is the owner of Dinamo and an agent to almost every Dinamo player. This kind of policy is crime bordering, but they get away with it. No need to insult the kid for the way it turned out.

If he goes to Spurs so be it. He looked the type of player that would of improved our team  but it wasn't to be.

They offered more money to both him and the club

If he goes to Spurs so be it. He looked the type of player that would of improved our team  but it wasn't to be.

Sssssh, he moved to Tottenham cos they iz gonna win d league innit not for da cash bruv.

That is the usual reason why players join other clubs. Fair play to Spurs for coming up with the numbers, they beat us to this player.

Won't be the first and certainly won't be the last time this happens.  I have no doubt whatsoever that Woodgate and Modric will find themselves looking up the table at us next season and maybe even this season if the results go for us.  After all we are level with Spurs on points after an absolutely horrendous season... 

Agree with this. We will finish the season higher than Spurs next season, they can sign all the Woodgates and Modric's they want. When Berbatov leaves they will still be weaker than before.

Not seen him play that much, the way people were getting excited about the possibility of signing him made me gutted when I heard the news this morning.

Spurs obviously have the financial clout to compete with us, the location and they can offer European football.

Hopefully he wasn't our No1 target!!! By the way KK was talking about him yesterday or thursday suggested he expected to lose out on the guy.