Manchester City (h) Pre-match thread

James

Should just give it to Beye tbh.

Could do worse, aye. Pretty much guaranteed to play every week, one of our few good performers this year, and experience as captain. He won't want to change it again though...

Guest newcastle4life

Have to win this game after another lose to Chelsea but the way things are going it will be tough. hopefully 2-1 win Viduka and Martins to score.

Guest ObaStar

do you think sam will put geremi in ahead of Emre? hope not. I would go

Given

Beye  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Milner  Faye  Emre      N'zogbia

Martins  Viduka

I doubt that Sam will go with 442 tho so probably will have this

Given

Beye  Taylor  Cacapa  Enrique

Faye

N'Zogbia  Emre

Martins  Duka  Milner

I had a dream Enrique played LB so im hopeful it will come true. However N'zogbia also played centerback and was incredible so im very doubtful

Elano on the bench by the looks of things. Not 100% fit apparently.

No need to worry tho, I'm sure Vassell will be in the side again. :weep:

Wouldn't be suprised to see us line up...

Hart

Onuoha Dunne Richards Ball

Hamann Corluka

Ireland Geovanni Petrov

Vassell

Altho I would prefer to go with the infinetly superior if half fit Elano, and Bianchi...and i'm not sure how often Ireland is going to give Nzogbia a bit of a dicking. He had his moments at CoMS but I'm not a big fan and would consider Etuhu.  ???

i wonder if sven will put petrov on the right up against charlie

No. But he might swap over during the game.

I don't think its even certain that he'll play, he's looked absolutely knackered of late. But he'll probably have to pick him with no Elano and Castillo.

Idiot - The most important thing is we make things difficult for {insert any opposition here}.  If we keep it tight and don't concede we will at least get a 0-0, but we might just nick it 1-0.

Given

Faye Taylor

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa Enrique

Carr Butt Edgar

Geremi

Me - Let's get out there, be positive and win this football match.

Given

Beye Rozenhal Cacapa  Carr

Duff  Faye    Emre    Zog

Smith Owen

"The reality is that you can't play every game and go out just to attack and open yourself up," Allardyce said.

"When you go out and see the Premiership in its entirety, and you go and watch a game like Manchester City-Liverpool and see City set up at home and say we are not going to get beaten.

"Well, Sven is getting the headlines, and he is putting up a 4-5-1. I watched the whole game live and he didn't let his side go out to attack. Apart from Martin Petrov down the left, Simon Ireland down the right, Darius Vassell up front, no one else got anywhere near the Liverpool 18-yard box.

"But he had got nine wins and two draws at home. So you know the balance of play in many occasions is that he sets up a team not to get beaten against a Liverpool side that if you try to attack, will punish you and win you the game."

Ahead of City's visit, Allardyce called on his players to reproduce the battling displays that brought a point against Arsenal last month and that nearly ensured a share of the spoils against Chelsea last weekend following a defeat at Wigan and draw at home against Derby.

"We need the spirit and performance like we showed against Arsenal and Chelsea, where but for the assistant referee we should have had a draw," Allardyce added. ''We need big performances."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml;jsessionid=JJAQ5VH5CW5QRQFIQMFCFF4AVCBQYIV0?xml=/sport/2008/01/02/sfnnew102.xml

Man City do essentially play a 4-5-1 rather than a 4-3-3 in all honesty, and if they had Milner instead of Petrov and Barton instead of Elano would they really be that much better than we are at the moment? Okay they probably would be due to their defence ... but attacking wise?

I don't want to knock our guys but we really do lack quality at the moment in our team and this is our main problem more than anything. With the return of Duff all we really need is a creative player through the middle and I think we would be much improved. An experienced left back would be nice too, to allow Zoggy to play further up the pitch at least occassionally.

This transfer window should tell us a great deal about the direction we are going in as far as the backing and support that will be given to Sam.