Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

season long loan at Brighton next year should be good.

It depends whether we ultimately want to keep him IMO. I wouldn't want him to go back to Brighton again and consider himself a Brighton player.

Obviously if we ultimately want to sell him to them then fair enough.... but personally I would send him somewhere else if he's going out on loan.

My Brighton mate had his fingers crossed he wouldn't get a game or would come on and be crap as he's absolutely desperate for him to go back. Very highly rated at the South coast club. Reckon he's got a chance if he gets over his leg break and stays clear of injury.

My Brighton mate had his fingers crossed he wouldn't get a game or would come on and be crap as he's absolutely desperate for him to go back. Very highly rated at the South coast club. Reckon he's got a chance if he gets over his leg break and stays clear of injury.

Poyet's not daft, he knows a prospect when he sees one. I've a feeling if Lua Lua makes progress he'll become a goal scoring winger like N'Zogbia. Just hope we don't move him on without giving him a run first. Although to be fair, Pardew has already singled him out as one to watch so I'm happy about that.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest johnson293

From .COM

Did something change? 

Kazenga LuaLua quoted in the Shields Gazette, as published online, May 19th:

"I know Brighton would like to take me, but I’m a Newcastle player and that’s my team. Whatever happens in the summer, will happen. Alan Pardew has hardly seen me play and I want to come back in pre-season and impress him."

Kazenga LuaLua quoted in the Brighton Argus, as published online, June 10th:

"Alan Pardew hasn't said anything to me and I don't expect him to say anything, because I've been injured. We are back in training on the 5th of July. Hopefully by then I will be a Brighton player."

Surely Pardew did say something to the fit-again 20 year -old winger, round about the time he brought him on 21 minutes at Chelsea and 26 minutes against West Brom in our closing two games of the season?

Guest Heneage

Pretty sure they're meant to be back on the 4th. Maybe he's gonna be bombed out like Ranger for being late.

He's been late? Since when? I assumed we were just loaning him out because he's missed a season of football and is 20.

Guest palnese

SSN scrolling bar suggesting LuaLua to Brighton on a permanent move.

Stange one, if true. Give the boy a chance and if not good enough, move him on. No point in selling talented youngsters for peanuts.

SSN scrolling bar suggesting LuaLua to Brighton on a permanent move.

Stange one, if true. Give the boy a chance and if not good enough, move him on. No point in selling talented youngsters for peanuts.

It seems that Lua Lua wants to leave though :undecided:

No great loss really, if we do have real ambitions of pushing top six. I'm not even sure he's the best of our young crop, let alone worthy of being given a chance in the first team on a semi-regular basis. There are only so many young players you can bring through successfully at any given time.

Hopefully the lad carves a good career out for himself if he does go.