Kazenga LuaLua joins Brighton permanently

Syrette

Guest Kadafi

I remember Alan O"Brien beeing promising with his"pace"  :smug: where did he end up?Scotland?

One player didn't work out so no other can?.. fantastic logic, well done..

Anyway O'Brien was considered promising because we heard he had great pace, I don't remember anyone thinking he looked like a good player after actually seeing him play.  I remember thinking he looked like he could run very fast without the ball, but had little ball control and couldn't cross.

One player didnt workout :yikes:? Its only ONE player that has really made it through the youth system in the last years...and thats Steven Taylor.

I didnt say he wont make it. Maybe he will, i hope he does  :clap2:  but 20 minutes against Stoke City dosent say much to me.

The most notable thing for me was how relaxed and confident he looked. There seemed to be no doubt in his head that he belonged out there, which is the sign of a great player in the making. The last one of our teenagers that gave me that impression was Gazza.

And can we give our manager a bit of credit for a brave decision? 0-0 away in a Cup tie to a Championship side in the driving rain, and he pitches in a 17 year old. That took a bit of nerve.

http://icnewcastle.icnetwork.co.uk/newcastleunited/news/tm_headline=flippin--brilliant-kazenga-is-new-gazza-&method=full&objectid=18639746&siteid=50081-name_page.html

;)

Thanks. That was a good little read.

I do think the lad's got it.

Guest RodrigoPalacio

Well lets not get on the lads back soon as he plays a stinker.  Lets support a young player for once.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Brazilianbob

Anyone else see the similarities between Lua Lua and SWP.  I reckon KK will see the potential in Lua Lua and it won't be long before we see him playing RW!

Anyone else see the similarities between Lua Lua and SWP.  I reckon KK will see the potential in Lua Lua and it won't be long before we see him playing RW!

Think this is where Keegan will excel!

He'll know who he wants and who he doesn't over the next couple of weeks, they'll be no fannying around like other managers hoping they might come good!

Lua Lua looks tobe a good prospect and the arrival of KK will only inspire him more to do well.

Both black?

One player didnt workout :yikes:? Its only ONE player that has really made it through the youth system in the last years...and thats Steven Taylor.

Erm, you were the one who mentioned one player in particular which was, in your opinion, an example of this same situation happening before and not working out.  Obviously many young players haven't worked out, but that's beside the point..

Poor mans Martin Britain. Get rid.

This was meant to be funny, right? Hope so... :-)

Probably but he could be shit for all we know. He had a promising (nothing more) performance as a sub against Stoke. Not difficult to look good given what went before either. The point being let's not get carried away.

Poor mans Martin Britain. Get rid.

This was meant to be funny, right? Hope so... :-)

Probably but he could be s*** for all we know. He had a promising (nothing more) performance as a sub against Stoke. Not difficult to look good given what went before either. The point being let's not get carried away.

agreed, but he's definitely better than Brittain...

Guest michaelfoster

We need a chant, something to the tune of 'Que Sera, Sera' would fit his name perfectly.

Kazenga Lua Lua

Whoever he may be, may be

what will the future hold for him

Kazenga Lua Lua

Yes that was crap :(

Looks to have a touch of class about him, I know he was only on for about 10 mins today but he has a confidence I don't think we have seen from many of our "prospects" who have come through for some time. Where they would just play the simple sideways pass just to get through the game this lad tries to actually do something with it and has the ability to do it.

Not going to get overly excited but imo he does look like he might have something in him to go that extra hurdle.

This guy has already showed that he doesn't just have some ability but also appears to have a footballing brain on him. Looks composed and confident and spots some nice little passes.

Very interested in seeing how he turns out. I can already see he has more about him than Milner .