Who do you think it'll be ?

madras
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

One other thing to consider about Hughes and Redknapp is they've never managed a club like us (not going to say as 'big', but with these expectations). They've never been entrusted with masses of money have they?

Ashley and Mort have experienced first-hand what it's like here when results and then performances aren't up to scratch. Allardyce ran out of ideas. I hope they'll get someone used to the pressure, used to big names, spending big money (well, Mr. Souness). That points to one of the big guns.

all fingers points to ONE man

Appoint Redknapp or Hughes and that's Tottenham and Man City, along with the top four, out of sight for the forseeable future.

As unlikely as it may seem, everything including the wording of the statement, the timing of the decision, even Oliver's little exclusive, points to someone of Mourinho's calibre having already agreed to take the job.

Gerrard Houllier

Not a bad punt.  Experienced, successful, available.  Also bug eyed, boring and with a dodgy ticker though.

Houllier is probably the best we could realistically hope for.  But he's foreign and defensive minded.  I'd give it two months or two consecutive losses before the newspapers could start with their "discontent and unrest" stories and the booing.

One other thing to consider about Hughes and Redknapp is they've never managed a club like us (not going to say as 'big', but with these expectations). They've never been entrusted with masses of money have they?

Ashley and Mort have experienced first-hand what it's like here when results and then performances aren't up to scratch. Allardyce ran out of ideas. I hope they'll get someone used to the pressure, used to big names, spending big money (well, Mr. Souness). That points to one of the big guns.

all fingers points to ONE man

Chuck Norris?

Appoint Redknapp or Hughes and that's Tottenham and Man City, along with the top four, out of sight for the forseeable future.

As unlikely as it may seem, everything including the wording of the statement, the timing of the decision, even Oliver's little exclusive, points to someone of Mourinho's calibre having already agreed to take the job.

Please God you're right

*Climbs down off chair and takes noose from around neck *

Guest Brewcastle

Given the sudden nature of Allardyce getting binned, I think someone's already in the frame.

Not sure who it is but I've got a stupid feeling it's someone you don't say 'no' to. :dontknow:

Me too, i highly doubt Sam was sacked because the likes of Hughes, Redknapp etc came calling

If it turns out to be one of those names: Ashley; get your a** up in the VIP-box!

But I guess it's nothing to fear. I believe Ashley want to create something big with NUFC.

He can afford more money than all other fans together - in every single match - to watch attractive football. In same time he's running a business. I believe he wants more exciting stuff than Hughes, Redknapp etc.

If it British, the most acceptable would be Kevin K with Shearer as assistant.

Think about it  ... the star of the season has been Sven right? Last coached a domestic team in Italy, wears glasses, 61 yrs old, grey hair.

The closest thing is Lippi who shares the exact same characteristics! He is available and so we won't have to pay anyone for their manager, and he is a world class manager who is loking to get back into football.

Check out these quotes from the man himself ...

“I’m ready, willing and enthusiastic to coach in England even though I know that people mistakenly say I can´t speak English.

“What such people forget is that football is multi-lingual every major club has players from many different countries and I can speak enough English and French as well as Italian."

Think about it  ... the star of the season has been Sven right? Last coached a domestic team in Italy, wears glasses, 61 yrs old, grey hair.

The closest thing is Lippi who shares the exact same characteristics! He is available and so we won't have to pay anyone for their manager, and he is a world class manager who is loking to get back into football.

“I’m ready, willing and enthusiastic to coach in England even though I know that people mistakenly say I can´t speak English.

“What such people forget is that football is multi-lingual every major club has players from many different countries and I can speak enough English and French as well as Italian."

Well he was name dropped by Oliver so it's possible. I was under the impression that he'd ruled out managing in England for some reason.

Im ready, willing and enthusiastic to coach in England even though I know that people mistakenly say I can´t speak English.

What such people forget is that football is multi-lingual every major club has players from many different countries and I can speak enough English and French as well as Italian."

more substance than that redknapp article thats for bloody sure...

still jose though

I really dont have a fucking clue!Its actually really wrecking my head!Id say he has his man already but there isnt one outstanding canidate I can think of.....unless Mourinho???But lets get serious Jose could pick any team in the world but just maybe.......

But if I had to say someone prob Houllier...hope not!

Im ready, willing and enthusiastic to coach in England even though I know that people mistakenly say I can´t speak English.

What such people forget is that football is multi-lingual every major club has players from many different countries and I can speak enough English and French as well as Italian."

Well he was name dropped by Oliver so it's possible. I was under the impression that he'd ruled out managing in England for some reason.

That was from last summer when he was linked with Chelsea if Mourinho left. He definitely wants to come to England.

The top four are set managerially and with Sven's success with City, who were in as bad a shape as we were, I could see Lippi being interested. We have a wealthy new owner just like City do and so I think more people will feel optimistic about managing us and having the same impact Sven has at City.

The head says Hughes. (Gettable and getting bored at Burn).

The heart says Mourinho. (There is just something mad enough about him to take us on).

I have a strong feeling it is a big name though and I wouldn't discount an imaginative appointment such as Lippi or Klinsmann.