The Magedia Thread - Sunderland suck trollolololol

Rocker

This thread's become a bit miscellaneous on the media front, if the good start continues into the next game we may need a 'we eat humble pie' thread. Never read this site before though to be fair.

http://www.footballingworld.com/2008/08/18/the-monday-miscellany-5-0064/

"Sunday was a curious day in the Premier League, as Chelsea played like Manchester Utd, Manchester Utd played like Newcastle and Newcastle played like Chelsea. Chelsea’s performance was the most exciting, signalling a new adventurous approach under the stewardship of Luiz Felipe Scolari, but in one respect Newcastle’s was the most encouraging"

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/aug/19/westhamunited.sunderland

West Ham accept Ferdinand bid

Louise Taylor The Guardian, Tuesday August 19 2008

West Ham United yesterday confirmed they have accepted an £8m bid from Sunderland for Anton Ferdinand but Roy Keane knows that persuading the central defender to move to Wearside may prove difficult.

Earlier this summer Newcastle were told West Ham would sell them the 23-year-old, who has declined an offer to extend his current contract at Upton Park. However, that green light was swiftly followed by an emphatic refusal on the part of Ferdinand to even consider relocating to Tyneside.

At that time, though, Aston Villa remained interested in him and, with Martin O'Neill having since looked elsewhere, Ferdinand's options are narrowing and he could be effectively forced to listen to what Keane has to say.

Sunderland's manager - who is able to offer transfer targets extremely lucrative salaries - has turned his attentions to Ferdinand after Sir Alex Ferguson's refusal to sell or loan him Jonny Evans from Manchester United and Younes Kaboul's decision to leave Tottenham Hotspur for Portsmouth rather than Wearside.

Keane also remains in the hunt for a left-back and a centre-forward. On Friday, he had a £9m bid for the striker Benni McCarthy turned down by Blackburn Rovers but may return with an improved offer.

Newcastle United remain in pursuit of Blackburn's left-back, Stephen Warnock, and are also hoping to sign Javier Saviola from Real Madrid on a season-long loan.

The club's recruitment team of Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere have spent more than a week endeavouring to finalise a deal for the Argentina striker. Wise and company are also hoping to persuade Real Mallorca to sell them another Argentinian forward, Oscar Trejo

Morning Louise.  I can just see the scenario where he refuses to live here, but has seen a nice two bedroom terrace in Southwick.

West Ham United yesterday confirmed they have accepted an £8m bid from Sunderland for Anton Ferdinand but Roy Keane knows that persuading the central defender to move to Wearside may prove difficult.

Earlier this summer Newcastle were told West Ham would sell them the 23-year-old, who has declined an offer to extend his current contract at Upton Park. However, that green light was swiftly followed by an emphatic refusal on the part of Ferdinand to even consider relocating to Tyneside.

At that time, though, Aston Villa remained interested in him and, with Martin O'Neill having since looked elsewhere, Ferdinand's options are narrowing and he could be effectively forced to listen to what Keane has to say.

Sunderland's manager - who is able to offer transfer targets extremely lucrative salaries - has turned his attentions to Ferdinand after Sir Alex Ferguson's refusal to sell or loan him Jonny Evans from Manchester United and Younes Kaboul's decision to leave Tottenham Hotspur for Portsmouth rather than Wearside.

Keane also remains in the hunt for a left-back and a centre-forward. On Friday, he had a £9m bid for the striker Benni McCarthy turned down by Blackburn Rovers but may return with an improved offer.

Newcastle United remain in pursuit of Blackburn's left-back, Stephen Warnock, and are also hoping to sign Javier Saviola from Real Madrid on a season-long loan.

The club's recruitment team of Dennis Wise, Tony Jimenez and Jeff Vetere have spent more than a week endeavouring to finalise a deal for the Argentina striker. Wise and company are also hoping to persuade Real Mallorca to sell them another Argentinian forward, Oscar Trejo

Morning Louise.  I can just see the scenario where he refuses to live here, but has seen a nice two bedroom terrace in Southwick.

I know someone who works in property management in Newcastle. The company they work for often get calls during the transfer window from Sunderland AFC wanting homes for their players. Steed Malbranque "insisted" that he wanted to live in a certain well known apartments building in Newcastle/Gateshead. Stern John and Dwight Yorke were others that have lived/do live in Newcastle/Gateshead.

does anyone know about the inner workings of the press?  i mean i know the PCC exist but i wonder where their remit starts and ends with respect to this bullshit

surely the press have an obligation to report fairly and impartially right?  what if someone complied a dossier of all of her total dogshit reporting on the toon and sent it to them citing "emotional distress caused" or something equally stupid

generally i don't care about what the press write but i'm a massive fan of the guardians football reporting and she's dragging into the shit with her NUFC stuff...i actually wrote to the editor a while back about her after one utter heap of shite article (take your pick) but never even got an acknowledgement

think i'm gonna write another now though, in fact i am off to do exactly that

Guest Geordiesned

I know someone who works in property management in Newcastle. The company they work for often get calls during the transfer window from Sunderland AFC wanting homes for their players. Steed Malbranque "insisted" that he wanted to live in a certain well known apartments building in Newcastle/Gateshead. Stern John and Dwight Yorke were others that have lived/do live in Newcastle/Gateshead.

I can remember that Arca had a flat on the Quayside.

I can remember that Arca had a flat on the Quayside.

as did medina and phil gray.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua. Ut enim ad minim veniam, quis nostrud exercitation ullamco laboris nisi ut aliquip ex ea commodo consequat. Duis aute irure dolor in reprehenderit in voluptate velit esse cillum dolore eu fugiat nulla pariatur. Excepteur sint occaecat cupidatat non proident, sunt in culpa qui officia deserunt mollit anim id est laborum.

Latin for "Newcastle are awesome". :thup:

Plenty of shit re-itterated about the Keegan @ Loggerheads with the board over Owen theme today

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/article1596680.ece

http://www.express.co.uk/football/view/58099/Keegan-and-Toon-braced-for-Owen-D-day

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/newcastle/article4593384.ece

I especially like the times's headline as apposed to the other two...suprised how much difference a semi-decent journalist makes to an article and doesnt spin in on its head 100%

but more importantly...I hope this will make the headlines and stop us being centre of attention for once

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/m/man_city/7578022.stm

been said before but the man city situation beggars belief, if that was us they'd have legions of press camped outside the ground looking for stories like pigs & truffles

we'd have been crucified, they're not being, not even close - says it all really

Guest sicko2ndbest

This pisses me off no end

I'm going to start taking it as a compliment that we are such a big club that we warrant a big story

been said before but the man city situation beggars belief, if that was us they'd have legions of press camped outside the ground looking for stories like pigs & truffles

we'd have been crucified, they're not being, not even close - says it all really

You're right about Citeh, if that was us David Craig would have been camped outside SJP for the last six weeks.

Guest Howaythetoon

Has there been much about Benitez holding 'clear the air talks' with the Liverpool board the other day?

Has there fuck, and that is one club whose owners and manager just don't see eye to eye.