Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

6 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Love the man

His opinion on tiki taka- style football is spot-on.  Boring as fuck.  Catenaccio reborn, except in the opposition’s half instead of your own 

Two cup finals between the second and third top teams, 240 minutes, with no goals. All utterly forgettable.

Yesterday, Liverpool had zero shots in extra time. Heavy metal football my arse.

5 hours ago, Inferior Acuña said:

Class that Howe sought his advice.

He said that Howe is really aware of how important the job is, what an honour it is and how the manager of NUFC is an ambassador to the city and region. Reckons Howe has completely fallen in love with the place and he’s a perfect leader for the club.

Honestly the way KK talks about the club still gives me goosebumps after all these years.

59 minutes ago, bowlingcrofty said:

He said that Howe is really aware of how important the job is, what an honour it is and how the manager of NUFC is an ambassador to the city and region. Reckons Howe has completely fallen in love with the place and he’s a perfect leader for the club.

Honestly the way KK talks about the club still gives me goosebumps after all these years.

Thanks for feeding back, love the man so much and am just pleased that even if he’s not getting more involved he can have a better relationship with the club from afar

Guest HTT II

Keegan is the most honest, sincere, genuine, all for football, his players, his team/club and fans than anyone to grace or disgrace the game. I’m glad he won’t be coming back in some one or another capacity, I hope he can enjoy the ride from the sidelines. And I agree with him, football is boring today. 

1 hour ago, HTT II said:

Keegan is the most honest, sincere, genuine, all for football, his players, his team/club and fans than anyone to grace or disgrace the game. I’m glad he won’t be coming back in some one or another capacity, I hope he can enjoy the ride from the sidelines. And I agree with him, football is boring today. 

But if good player comes to Keegan and says "Thank you Kevin for the opportunity and continued support in the football related arena, but I've done that. I want to better myself, I want to move on." then Keegan can make that dream come true. 

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

But if good player comes to Keegan and says "Thank you Kevin for the opportunity and continued support in the football related arena, but I've done that. I want to better myself, I want to move on." then Keegan can make that dream come true. 

And people say he and Terry McDermott were just a big pair of tits.

Edited by Hovagod

• 1 month later...
44 minutes ago, jack j said:

By the little bits and bobs I've heard it sounds like he seems happy to just be on the outside looking in fondly

Yeah seems he's more than happy watching from afar and fair enough. I think the club have been in touch with him too from previous articles I've passed.

Unless he indicates otherwise I think all they need to do (and I'm sure already have) is make sure he knows he's got a seat for life and is welcome any time, until the suitable time to properly honour him in some way with a statue or whatever they agree. 

4 hours ago, Sima said:

I was 12-16 when Keegan was our manager and had a ST for it's entirety. 

What a fucking ride, man.  Some of the best years of my life.

I was 20 - 25 for the KK era, and also wisely got one of the half-season tickets available in the 92/93 promotion season, otherwise I would have been locked out of SJP for those 5 amazing years.

Literally could not have timed it better. It was a glorious time, not only to be a NUFC fan, but also being a young Geordie living on Tyneside. They were the days when the Bigg Market & Quayside were in their absolute pomp, rammed every night for 6 days out of 7. Even more luckily, my University years also ran concurrently with the KK era, and it's no exaggeration to say that the weekend started on a Wednesday and ended on the Monday, with Tuesday off to recover. :lol:

The town is a woeful night out these days compared to the halcyon days of the 90s...only truly busy on a Saturday night, and the bars are just dull as fuck. I actually feel a bit sorry for the local kids of today, not seeing how or why Newcastle got it's party-town reputation.

Edited by Wandy

2 hours ago, wormy said:

Yeah seems he's more than happy watching from afar and fair enough. I think the club have been in touch with him too from previous articles I've passed.

Unless he indicates otherwise I think all they need to do (and I'm sure already have) is make sure he knows he's got a seat for life and is welcome any time, until the suitable time to properly honour him in some way with a statue or whatever they agree. 

He has been offered a role but he wants to actually do something meaningful and not just be wheeled out for events. He’s left it to the owners to offer him something worthwhile.