Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

All things considered, the best person ever associated with NUFC.

:clap:

Some of the grief he got on here when he left the last time was disgusting.

:thup:

and no doubt the usual suspects will pop up later on in this thread to spout their rubbish.

I wouldn't worry. It's been well established on here that most posters are not interested in hearing anything other than hero worship when it comes to KK.

:clap:

Some of the grief he got on here when he left the last time was disgusting.

and no doubt the usual suspects will pop up later on in this thread to spout their rubbish.

I wouldn't worry. It's been well established on here that most posters are not interested in hearing anything other than hero worship when it comes to KK.

Like anyone he has his flaws: being impatient being the topmost but hell, he's far and away better than the current bunch and I would say up there amongst the best over the last 50 years.

100% agree. A true legend.

Better than Bobby? I would put them on par TBH.

KK has done significantly more for NUFC.

Probably yeah, but the 'best person' ever associated was the point. Just saying, I would give Bobby a mention too.

KK has done significantly more for NUFC.

Probably yeah, but the 'best person' ever associated was the point. Just saying, I would give Bobby a mention too.

Guest firetotheworks

:lol:

Relentless man. Even over something as inconsequential as that.

Get over yourself man, I was just mentioning a small point.

It's always "just". Anyway, aye, I agree on the getting over part though.

Miles better than Bobby when it comes to things they both did for the club.

When i think about the keegan years, travelling the length and breadth of the country, best ever atmoshpere at games, lock outs, celebrating on pitches, queueing all night for tickets, loving the whole game day/ weekend even.

and compare that to now- I havent even bothered with the last 3 games, just checked the scores to confirm the size of the defeat. :anguish:

KK made us proud of this club. Something that can't be said now. It's almost embarrassing wearing anything NUFC related these days.

If someone saves us from this lot in charge i'd love him to be given a background role.

Keegan in an ambassador role would be fantastic for us. He'd bring in more people and money than anyone else ever could.

KK made us proud of this club. Something that can't be said now. It's almost embarrassing wearing anything NUFC related these days.

If someone saves us from this lot in charge i'd love him to be given a background role.

I agree. We are a complete embarrassment. Owned and operated by a bunch of Cockney Chavs like some kind of East End market stall.

I agree. We are a complete embarrassment. Owned and operated by a bunch of Cockney Chavs like some kind of East End market stall.

I was in St James for a meeting today, the whole place feels cheap and nasty.  Horrible cups and pictures for sale everywhere and just a general underwhelmed feeling when going into the various suites.

When I think back to what Rob f***ing Elliot said about Keegan, I wonder who these people are and why they're allowed to play for our club. The bloke should be tied to a horse and taken to the edge of town. It would be bad enough if he'd said he didn't rate Keegan, although fair enough. The fact that he said that Pardew is a better manager is just stomach churning coming from anyone associated with NUFC, let alone an employee.

Employee sucking up to his boss shocker. I bet half the people on here hate their boss but still suck up to them to get that promotion, wage increase or bonus etc..

Guest Howaythetoon

People forget just how good of a manager and coach KK was. He had his flaws but he was no fool. Others might have understood tactics better than he did, but few understood players better or people better and no-one understood us fans and our club more than KK did and no-one ever will. Not Bobby, not anyone.

KK once told Andy Cole he was facing one of the best defenders this country had ever produced in Des Walker. He waxed lyrical about Walker, how great he was, how quick he was, how tough an opponent he was and so on. He did this for a good while. Then he turned to Cole and told him that he was quicker than him, stronger than him, sharper, and that he would give him nightmares for months to come etc. etc.

Cole said he went out onto the pitch feeling like a world beater, that Walker was no match for him. It was a good match up, but Cole had the better of him and went onto score the winner in the last minute.

That is just a microscopic insight into KK's man management.

Compare that to Pardew's management of Ben Arfa for example. Its all about the negative, must work hard, must help out in defence, must make right decisions etc.

By the way, there was no one as more committed to working hard and putting in a shift than KK, but KK believed hard work came naturally when everyone was committed to the same goal, and together and that's how his teams were.

We've seen with Pardew's team lately when there is no goal the work-rate suddenly drops. Why should the players bust a gut when the end goal is the square root of fuck all.

I was there for a wedding not so long back and its was like walking into the crossroads hotel motel............. I believe?? :razz:

1.Keegan :love:

2.Harvey :love:

3.Robson  :love: for me.

Nice to be thinking of postives and of great memories rather than the utter cow dung we have to put up with presently.