Kevin Keegan

pinkeye

Think I heard him cover us in an interview either in Singapore (maybe?) or Germany/Europe? Was on Youtube, said over and over how much he loves his time at Liverpool and his career there etc, but things don't compare to the feeling he had at Newcastle and what the club meant to him.

I love him like. I'd have him back  :lol:

I don't give a s*** if 'the game has moved on'.

Not when you have a man like Keegan who understands that football is only about goals, love and happiness. A motivated Keegan would infect the entire club with that philosophy and everything else would just fall into place.

He's also very knowledgable and astute, comes across strongly when he doesn't the match analysis for BeIN. Emotionally everyone loves him but he also has a great knowledge of the game. He played attacking football, but not out of any ignorance of other approaches.

Somewhere in here I'm sure, not seen it since it first aired; definitely worth a watch if you haven't already.

You could have posted that earlier, I've got work to go to and I'll not sleep for hours now.

Guest firetotheworks

I watched all of it. He's just brilliant man. The passion is still there in abundance and it's unbelievably contagious. I honestly feel better about what our club truly is, behind awful personalities that are there at the moment, just from having listened to him. It sounds really cheesy, but it was like getting reassurance from a good friend.

I don't think I'll ever love the sport as much as I used to, but Keegan somehow still makes me fall back in love with everything again.

He's just a fantastic, honest, passionate and brilliant man. His personality is insanely contagious.

Guest firetotheworks

Now he is in QATAR working for BEIN sport it is my hope he will persuade the Qatari royals to bye us. Him a manager with a millions of dollars to spend.

Reminded me of this. "Golly, Qatari royals"

http://craponmytv.files.wordpress.com/2012/06/20120617-095806.jpg

Interesting point he made about needing 5 leaders in a dressing room, I just saw Scholes say the same thing in a related video about why Arsenal keep failing. Won titles with Viera, Adams, Keown, Seaman, Bergkamp etc

Who leads us on the pitch atm? Ben Arfa is the only guy who raises our game.

Think thats what we miss from the likes of Nolan & Barton, much better leaders in terms of drive even with limited ability. We've not replaced that.

Interesting point he made about needing 5 leaders in a dressing room, I just saw Scholes say the same thing in a related video about why Arsenal keep failing. Won titles with Viera, Adams, Keown, Seaman, Bergkamp etc

Who leads us on the pitch atm? Ben Arfa is the only guy who raises our game.

Think thats what we miss from the likes of Nolan & Barton, much better leaders in terms of drive even with limited ability. We've not replaced that.

Probably by design. Nolan and Barton actually went to the board and made demands on behalf of the players etc and it didn't go down well at all. I doubt it's a coincidence that we've just been buying passive, boring foreigners under Pardello.

Can't wait for his talk in next week. What a dreamer he is. Still in love with him now.

Hedworth Hall?! I'll be avoiding this thread and everything else when his name is mentioned as I'm at the 1 at The Fed Brewery the following Friday!

Can't wait for his talk in next week. What a dreamer he is. Still in love with him now.

Hedworth Hall?! I'll be avoiding this thread and everything else when his name is mentioned as I'm at the 1 at The Fed Brewery the following Friday!

Correct! Can't wait. Apparently he doesn't mention anything that went on with Ashley though. Not that I'm arsed, just want to hear all of the stories of when he played and managed here the first time.